Customize

Faux News: TIMELINE WHAT

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by orly, Jan 4, 2009.

1. orly Member

Faux News: TIMELINE WHAT

FOXNews.com - Report: Conflict in Timeline of Events in Jett Travolta Death - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Relevant because someone that isn't us (even if it's Faux News) is publically noticing that what the Bahamas police say and what the Travolta camp says are contradicting themselves.
  2. Re: Faux News: TIMELINE WHAT

/facepalm....
  3. TheBitch Member

Re: Faux News: TIMELINE WHAT

Ambiguity....

[IMG]
  4. reznik Member

also of interest is the changing of the statements regarding
    "taken off meds due to damage" -> "taken off meds due to fear of damage"

/tmz lings and LATimes lings not offered due to lazyiness
  5. orly Member

More inconsistencies:

Did he die in the hospital, on the way to the hospital, or even beforehand?

Current sources on the news are saying he was found unconscious Friday morning (hence why Travolta tried CPR), and one source says he was pronounced DOA while another says he died in the hospital (which could also mean DOA and the source mangled the explanation).

Would he have been found unconscious and died on the way to the hospital if he'd been unconscious for 10 hours beforehand?
  6. eddieVroom Member

Hearing them report on-air, it seems they're back in the habit of just reading press releases *as* the news...
  7. Skeptic1337 Member

THis might depend on the whole clinically dead terminology.

He might have been technically unconscious but clinically dead which you can't determine on site.

Not sure why'd you would administer CPR to some one unconscious though.
  8. orly Member

Naw, if you don't know much about CPR, it makes sense -- if someone's not breathing but they have a pulse (and are unconscious), what's the one thing people do on TV? CPR, to breathe for them and keep oxygen running to the brain to prevent brain damage.
  9. Vir Member

You shouldn't do full CPR with compressions on somebody who has a pulse. You should only do mouth-to-moth.

Compressions on somebody who has a pulse could kill them, which is why you don't actually see anybody performing real CPR on actors on TV.

If there is an inconsistency in the time of reported death, it could be that Jett was found dead, but not obviously dead, so John and the medics may have conducted CPR on him until he got to a doctor who could declare him dead. Depends on the protocol and the training of the responders. If there isn't obvious signs of death - like rigor mortis, decomposition, missing head, etc, - then medics often have to keep up CPR until a doctor tells them to stop.
  10. Skeptic1337 Member

Yep...which is why the time some one is declared dead versus the time they actually died (autopsy) will vary.

I understand the inconsistencies in the reporting just find it funny they keep reporting it that way.
  11. orly Member

:D And this is why I don't know shit about CPR.
  12. reznik Member

The media need some kind of Situation Room
  13. Vir Member

Check out if the Red Cross or some other organization does free first aid courses in your area. You could save the life of a loved one.
  14. ManOnYous Member

Maybe your perception of Fox has been skewed all along. There is certainly no benefit to politicizing Anonymous. NYPA.
  15. orly Member

I'm not politicizing Anonymous, genius. They're the ones responsible for the vrysrs Hackers on Steroids thing back before Chanology started.
  16. catwoman30 Member

What a clusterfuck-I can't make out any of the timeline......I have yet to see a consistent version.I also hate Fixed News FYI.

Oops-just realized I was politicizing.....
  17. Hostile Member

ok this is basically a copypasta from the "nanny discovered son" thread

however, the fact that jett wasn't discovered until the morning shows a few key points.
    1, they might not have seen jett off to bed every night, just letting him go when he pleased,
    2, jett may have already been to bed but got up for whatever reason, and died
    3, discovered at 10 am (means that nannys really dropped the ball)
    4, we've heard that he "died in travolta's arms" this implies that jett may have been dying all night, or that he actually didn't die at night, but rather when the nanny guy went to check on him. OR, he had been dead and neither of them (john or nanny) knew he was dead and thought he was still dying

that last point is the big one.
    if jett died all night, they would probably have heard him screaming for help or something.
    if he died in the morning when nanny came to check, nanny is a suspect
    if he was dead and nobody knew, then they actually didn't have first aid/cpr/a brain to know to check for a pulse
  18. catwoman30 Member

Ugh-this is so beyond disturbing.....
  19. orly Member

There's two timelines right now, and I dunno which is the real one:

Jett goes unconscious the night before, has a seizure, lays dying/unconscious/dead/whatever for ten hours and is discovered around 10 AM by the nanny/caretaker/John Travolta's rumored gay boyfriend/whoever the fuck.

Travolta does CPR for a while and they go to the hospital and then Jett dies/is declared DOA.

2. Jett goes to the bathroom multiple times during the night, and finally shortly before 10 AM, has a seizure and hits his head; he's discovered in a few minutes by the nanny or whatever, Travolta shows up and does CPR for a while, they go to the hospital, Jett dies/is declared DOA/whatever really happened.

There's a couple points of "we're not sure what's going on", but the main incontinuity is "how long was he lying there?"

EDIT: Is it possible he had two seizures? One milder one late the night before, and then a more dangerous/major one where he got the fatal head injury?
  20. catwoman30 Member

Wow-I'm so bothered at the moment I can't even be a smartass.....fuck.
  21. Lady LeJean Member

No fan of Faux News, but the lack even of any clear timeline of events is... well, kind of suggestive. I'm kind of perturbed that he was last seen going into the bathroom by the nanny and discovered in the same place the next morning. This is a kid who was off his meds (if he was ever on them) and suffered from regular, serious seizures - at least one a week, from what the family have been saying. He shouldn't really have been unsupervised in the first place, and someone should have noticed that he was gone within minutes. Shouldn't the nannies have checked that Jett was in bed before heading off themselves? That is, after all, what they're supposed to be there for, meaning they should have been able to account for his movements pretty much right up until the fall happened. They really should not be saying that the last time anyone saw him was at 11:30 the previous night, going into the room he was discovered dying or dead in ten hours down the line. Either way the nannies were negligent, but there's a pretty big difference in how bad.
  22. anonandsuch Member

I'm still just pissed that they're trying to blame kawasaki syndrome. For starters it's a lymph node thing. It is generally only found in children between 2-5 yrs of age and if found and treated they will be fine, and grow out of it. The only real long lasting effect is tendency for heart condition and that's if it's not caught on time. There is very little to no chance of it causeing seizures. Autism on the other hand has a high correlation with siezures developing if it is not treated. There is also a high correlation between epilepsy and autism.

Okay i'm done now and getting off of my soapbox.
  23. XenuLovesU Member

Just a heads-up about being declared dead. I dunno if it works the same way in the Bahamas, but in most states, even if you're deader than a doornail when the EMTs get to you, you aren't declared dead until an MD makes the pronouncement (usually at the hospital). Some states allow first responders to consult with a doc over the radio and pronounce someone dead on-scene. Once you start CPR though, you have to keep it going until a doctor can pronounce the person dead.

The EMT says he took over CPR on Jett, so if the Bahamas follow similar protocol, he was probably (technically) declared dead at the hospital, not on-scene. Gotta wait for the coroner's report for an estimated TOD.
  24. CantPickaName Member

miraclemaxev7.jpg
    [IMG]
  25. subgenius Member

Ooooh this made me wonder what coverage Greta von Scientologist is going to give this story.
    I can't wait.
  26. Anon Char Member

The day I took that class was when I had a killer migraine.
  27. twistedpuppet Member

Coverage? She's likely to pretend it didn't happen or that she knows nothing about it.
  28. Vir Member

Bill O'Reilly calls Scientology a cult on his show. Megyn Kelly has better legal understanding than any Scientology lawyers on fair use. Tom Cruise banned Roger Friedman from previews of Valkyrie. Is that what they call a PTS working environment for Greta?
  29. avbb Member

When placing a call to 911 for medical emergency, they ask if the person breathing and do they have a pulse. If the answer is no then you are instructed to start CPR if you know how. Once CPR is begun, the EMT's will take over until the person is delcared dead by a physician, be it on scene or at a medical facility, it all depends on the local juristrictions.

Falls from seizures in the bathroom are the most dangerous ones. I have a friend who hit the hot water faucet and scalded 1/2 her body before she was found. A few others have knocked out teeth, dislocated and broken bones, a few drowned. Some pulled towel racks and cabinets out of the wall and broke toilets and sinks on the way down. Those with active seizures are NEVER left unattended.

But KNOWING this boy was last seen going to the bathroom and apparently NO one bothered to tuck him in bed, or even check on him is gross negligence. Even if there was no saving him from the ensuing head injury, he was NEGLECTED!
  30. Anon-007 Member

So much for the effectiveness of touch assists........
  31. catwoman30 Member

I lurve yer frog btw.....
  32. Boot Girl Member

Has anyone ever thought that Jett did have Kawasakis at 2-3 and Kelly's scilon based vitamin ritual might have been what caused his brain damage????
  33. catwoman30 Member

Yet another good point.......
  34. Lady LeJean Member

I believe there's a post in another thread that some of the the symptoms of Kawasaki disease - and it's diagnosed on the basis of symptoms, there's no blood test or scan that can be done to confirm it - are very similar to the symptoms of niacin overdose. So if Jett was sick as a toddler and Kelly had put him through the Purif before resorting to taking him to a hospital, doctors might well have assumed he had Kawasaki disease simply because they didn't consider the differential diagnosis - and without knowing about Scientology practices and the Purif, how many doctors would believe that a 2 year old boy was overdosing on oral niacin, of all things?

/tinhat
  35. catwoman30 Member

BTW-a disclaimer:without being un-anonymous,I am a grown woman-probably older than most of the people on here so if anyone has a problem with anything I say please feel free to call me on it-and prepare to be pwned.....;)
  36. subgenius Member

Unlikely. More likely she will "recuse" herself from dealing with the story, or Fox will keep her off it because of "conflict of interest".
    Awkward.
  37. Lurky101 Member

I'm new around here. I was one of the many who came here from google after news of Jett's death first came out. I've been lurking ever since.

Anyway, what I want to know is, how did a 16 year old boy of his size fall and hit his head (maybe twice) and no one heard anything? I have two little kids and if they fall anywhere in the house, I hear them... and I hear them before the big crocodile tears and over-dramatic boo-hooing begins.

But seriously. I can hear them when they fall or drop something big or knock something over no matter where I am in the house and generally no matter what else is going on. Its not a big house, but it wasn't a big vacation home (or whatever they are calling it) they were in either. If the "caretaker" was keeping as close of an eye on him as they want you to believe, and if he saw him go into the bathroom, how could he not hear a 200 pound person fall and hit his head?
  38. catwoman30 Member

Hello and welcome to our world-we are ALL trying to figure this one out....
  39. Re: Faux News: TIMELINE WHAT

that's what they want you to believe

the "nanny" is John's long-time gay lover and they where too busy doing gay sechs to keep an eye on the retarded kid
  40. whosit Member

Very valid question - not sure if its provable.