Customize

FIFA bans hijab

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by Anonymous, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

It is harming the players- it gets them overheated and blocks their peripheral vision. FIFA had no issue with them covering their hair with sportive caps.
  2. Anonymous Member

You're just talking out of your ass. I think we are having a very constructive discussion here.
    And good luck with making anybody believe that you're "BTW not a Muslim".
  3. حمید Member

If it is a comparison matter, I think it might be as embarrassing as this one. But I am sure it varies.

3epitc2m2x0pwwjwh43o.jpg.gif
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

^^ So bare head equals bare ass?
    I don't think so.
  5. حمید Member

Well, this can take one as back in time as the conclusions of frontiersmanship to be a leaf. Generally if the leaf is symbolically accepted as a taboo, it can fall from all the hights. But it is always the fall which attracts the senses, curious to know what was behind the fall.
  6. Loki's spawn Member

I can kinda see where FIFA is coming from. Can you think of the danger of wearing one of those things while playing soccer? Their team would die of heat stroke.
  7. Anonymous Member

And what's the answer in simple words, without any metaphors? Are you saying that because the hair is always covered, it becomes highly sexualized to Muslim men?
  8. xenubarb Member

Uh...leaves fall because it's what deciduous trees do. Then there are evergreens with all those pine needles. But how do you interpret a leaf caught in a thermal and spiralling upward at 200 feet per minute?
  9. حمید Member

No, not to muslim generally men, but it seems to be so by too many muslim clerics.
  10. Anonymous Member

Barb, you guys are getting way to philosophical for me, hehe.
    Have you seen that there is another thread about this issue. It posted today Ahmedinajad's response to the FIFA ban.
  11. Anonymous Member

The president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has called Fifa "dictators and colonialists", after world football's governing body banned the Iranian women's national team from an Olympic qualifier because their Islamic dress broke the organisation's rules on playing kit. Mustafa Musleh Zadeh, Iran's ambassador to Jordan, went further by saying the ban was "inhumane" and "politically motivated".
    The Iran team forfeited a 2012 Olympic qualifier against Jordan last Friday because they would not play without the full-body kit and headscarves.
    "Theses are the dictators and colonialists who want to impose their lifestyle on others," Ahmadinejad said, in a seasonal news conference. The Iran president said he had assigned Ali Saeedlu, Iran's head of physical education, to pursue the case. "We will deal with those who carried out this ugly job. We follow definite rights of our girls."
    Zadeh said Iran would complain to the Asian Football Federation.
    Fifa said the ban on the Islamic scarf covering a women's neck was for safety reasons.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/07/iran-anger-ahmadinejad-fifa-ban
  12. Giggles Member

Iran...LOL...the same retards that threatened to boycott the Olympics
    because they thought the logo was racist.
  13. Budd Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

How do women ever get vitamin D in Iran or Saudi Arabia?
  17. Anonymous Member

Oh jesus christ I'm thrilled we have an international audience but someone teach the guy with the arabic name English already, we spend half of whatever thread he posts on trying to figure out what the fuck he's saying.
  18. Giggles Member

19. anonymous612 Member

Funny you should mention that. I get this as a context-sensitive Facebook advertisement regularly. I think Facebook is trying to tell me something.

http://www.muslim-swimwear.com/

View attachment Modest%20fit%20Pandora.JPG?maxwidth=500;maxheight=
  20. Anonymous Member

I loved it when they came up with this theory. People were commenting so much after the article and each had a different theory what this ill conceived symbol stands for. Many said it looked like ZOK
  21. Anonymous Member

I would not swim in that. You'd drown!!!!
    Do you live in Australia or something? I think the burkini company is from there.
    In any case, I've seen Muslim women entering the sea fully clothed - dress, hijab and all. And I felt really bad for them. Most of them couldn't even swim, because they never had the chance to learn, because they had nothing to wear. Weird.
  22. anonymous612 Member

That's not the specific company that comes up in the adverts, but no. The one I get a lot doesn't have the skirt, though, it's more of a full body wetsuit.
  23. Anonymous Member

Dunno why but this reminds me of some of the 'happy' faces on red Russian teams when they still had gulags.... its liek 'Oh nooooes we gonna whipped!'
  24. Anonymous Member

That'd be summer.
    But. Please, this metaphor (?) hurt mah brain Yoda. I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out whether you're complaining about the FIFA ruling, supporting head-wear, or what.
    Do Sikh soccer teams play in turbins?
  25. Anonymous Member

By the way - this picture is from the previous game, when FIFA and the Iranian team agreed that the players would wear caps that leave the ears and the neckline open [I think number 27 was on the bench and hence wears full head gear]. I don't know why in the last game they attempted to go back to the full hijab.
  26. Smurf Member

They don't. Vitamin D deficiencies are prevalent in Middle East countries where women are required to covered and veiled. Studies have shown this to be a major medical issue involving newborns and there has been an increase of multiple sclerosis among women there. Very sad.
  27. حمید Member

I am sure there are so many icons which has symbolically been shown. But with eyes closed, none of them will be seen. Just for your "evergreens with all those pine needles" as an example, here is an example

article-2000003-0C7148BC00000578-867_634x1114.jpg

of the needels steel enough to be placed at any hight regardless of any thermal and spiralling, if willingly.
  28. حمید Member

Do not regard this as answer from above, you name it jesus christ or in english by others as

Yet the spirit remains the same. If you have not understood it, It is to remain then only your problem. The more you educate yourself even the more
    you will tacitly understand. It is always your choice if you want all this to be spiritually support to sport.
  29. Anonymous Member

Where the hell did you learn English? Reading "Beowulf" in Junior High was easier.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

He speaks English just fine. He just chooses not to give straight answers.

I don't attribute ill intent to him, but if you'd compare him to how Scientologists speak they do the same thing - quote from the LRH or give you a metaphor so as to avoid a simple unequivocal answer. I don't know which country he is posting from and what is his security situation; it appears though that he doesn't want to be too harsh or direct in what he is saying.

Am I right Yoda?
  31. Anonymous Member

I love the dance moves of this video. Who is their choreographer?
  32. Anonymous Member

I did not know that. That's what you call irony of course, because all of the Middle Eastern countries have plenty of sun.
  33. حمید Member

I think that international sport should be as intended an instrument of peace, contributing to those understandings which are to be the base for defying all those principles which otherwise by challenges are different than the spirit of sport and are as a challenge to defy peace.

As long as I know Sikhs are spread all around the world, mainly originated from India. I have not heard of any Sikh team present the international games representing a national team.
  34. حمید Member

The whole idea is that the regime of terror is misusing, women,religon and politics to pollute sport, and is using sport loving ambitious women, most of whom if not forced, would not wear the obsticle which has hindered them from playing.
  35. Anonymous Member

Is the regime of terror Iran, Bahrain of FIFA?
  36. حمید Member

The regime of terror consists of all responsible in prolonging the suppression in Iran in top of them Khamenei.
  37. Anonymous Member

Honey I really don't know what you're going on about. Jesus Christ in that context was an explanation, not a prayer. I could just as easily said fuck. But good job focusing on the least important part of that post.
  38. Anonymous Member

I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but yeah, we're in agreement on that.
  39. anonymous612 Member

So apparently you're on Iran's side? Because I have no idea what your doublespeak means.

You were asked a direct question. Somehow you avoided actually answering it. You are fucking annoying.
  40. حمید Member