Finding disconnection stories

Discussion in 'Projects' started by TrevAnon, May 19, 2016.

1. RightOn Member

^disagree agree
    wait..... wat?
    I don't think #2 should be included on the list
  2. TrevAnon Member

For the following names on the big list, please add the label "Victim of disconnection" to their name with the links I am giving.

S Part 1 of 3

Aaron Saxton Wrote and issued disconnection orders
    Don Schaul Was threatened with being declared himself if he didn't disconnect from his friends.
    Ken Schick Refused to disconnect
    Yvonne Schick Refused to disconnect
    Bert Schippers COS tried to force them to disconnect from Tony DePhillips and his wife
    Friedrich Schuch Was ordered to divorce / disconnect from his wife
    Amy Scobee Her mother was forced to disconnect

Jillian Schlesinger did a few videos with Karen de la Carriere. Could someone watch these to see if she has a story?
  3. TrevAnon Member

Ok, I plan on doing S parts 2 and 3 tomorrow (Friday).
    Saturday T, U, V
    Sunday W, Y, Z

We can use monday and tuesday to do a last check, insert link big list, insert number of accounts etc.

I'll try to get an announcement before thursday 2 PM. :D
    • Like Like x 2
  4. sallysock Member

Much respect to you.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. TrevAnon Member

Can we have suggestions on this list for adding your own story? We can ask ex-members to do Through the door or something, but that would not be applicable for people who were never in.
  6. Incredulicide Member

But Leah wants us to announce it yesterday :eek:
    We did just add her nameā€¦
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Incredulicide Member

Currently the only thing I can think of is to add this thread's link and ask people to post here using their real name with their disconnection story.
    No registration required, not closed like Facebook or some "submission form", not as Labyrinthian as Ortega's site comments, and doesn't expose their IP like directly editing the wiki page would.
  8. Incredulicide Member

My little userstyle tells me there are 185 names listed so far. Please tell me you have 15+ names in parts 2 and 3 of S :D
  9. Disambiguation Global Moderator

The thread is re named per OPs request
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TrevAnon Member

It means we will have to sort out trolls though. That will be tricky.
  11. TrevAnon Member

/r/ edit for Kirk Radandt to shorten his entry to only "son disconnected". :)
  12. RightOn Member

this is a slippery slope IMO
    Maybe you should ask people to submit their story with some sort of back up? Video perhaps? You would need a condom to check out their video links.
    I know many people may not want to do this, but how do you keep the list credible otherwise and out of the hands of trolls and OSA?
    Meh, I guess this is a stupid idea. Too early foe me to think straight.
    But then again, if some ARE willing to submit video, that would be very sweet!
  13. TrevAnon Member

14. TrevAnon Member

15. TrevAnon Member

For the following names on the big list, please add the label "Victim of disconnection" to their name with the links I am giving.

S Part 2 of 3
    Marisa Sigmond Was disconnected from by her sister
    Gayle Smith Disconnected from her own son
    ETA better link

Chris Shelton Please help me find if he has a story too.

ETA HE HAS: lost friends who were so for over 20 years

Aaron Smith-Levin did a 4 or 5 part interview with Mike Rinder. Someone please watch if there is a story.
  16. TrevAnon Member

17. TrevAnon Member

S Part 3 of 3

Cheryl Sola If she had left, her spouse would have divorced her and tried to take the kids.
    Attila Sonkoly Was not permitted to talk to previous friends
    Jamie Sorrentini-Lugli Father and sister disconnected
    Sharone Stainforth Parent disconnected
    Allen Stanfield COS tried to force his wife, sister and brother in law to disconnect. Page looks old to me?
    Uwe Stern Refused to disconnect from anybody and was shown the Supressive Acts policy
    David Stokes Family, frieds, employer, doctor and even accountant do not speak to him anymore.
    Claire Swazey Friend disconnected VOltaire's child is an old moniker Claire used
    Eugene David Sweetland Jr. Lauren Sweetland; E. Reilly Sweetland (son); Susan DeVay Shinneman (ex-wife, 28 years married) all disconnected
    • Like Like x 1
  18. TrevAnon Member

19. TrevAnon Member

Andre Tabayoyon Son disconnected
    Mary Tabayoyon Son disconnected
    Susan Talbot Daughter disconnected
    Cindy Temps Children disconnected
    Kathy Nather Thomas - Was declared for not disconnecting from her children, another proof of the pressure COS puts on on: Have to say though this to me sounds like a blessing in disguise... :)
    Stefan Tunedal Got disconnection alerts on FB
    Cheryl Turner Was declared, then COS forbade her to speak to a friend of 31 years
    Tayler Tweed When she went public, her friends list got way shorter
    Chris Tyler Wife had cancer and was pressured to disconnect from him as, so it was said, he was the cause of her cancer.

Michael Tilse has a lot of links. Please help find if he has a disconnection story

Mark Tordai Has some videos on YT, can anyone find out if there is a story?
  20. TrevAnon Member

21. TrevAnon Member

22. TrevAnon Member

23. TrevAnon Member

Ok, that was a double effort for today. I'll finish the first search tomorrow.

I haven't checked if this brings us over 200, but I would guess it does.
  24. TrevAnon Member

25. TrevAnon Member

26. TrevAnon Member

27. TrevAnon Member

William Drummond is here at a conference. I'm having difficulty watching vids right now. Could someone please hear to find out if there is a story?

28. Around minute 15:30 - begins story of being declared. Shelton even reached out to CoS to do steps A-E because he didn't want to be disconnected. "Because of their enforced disconnection policy, they took away basically the one person in my life that I just didn't really want to be disconnected from. And that was it. That was the straw that broke the camel's back."

Notable is the fact that he wasn't willing to say who the person was back then (2014 Flag Down), because he was fresh out of the church at the time, only 8 months out.

I saw him speak live on May 1 a few weeks ago with Jamie DeWolf, and he identified the person who was disconnected from him as his then-fiancee during his talk.

There is video of that event, but it hasn't been posted anywhere that I can find.
  29. Incredulicide Member

30. TrevAnon Member

I just saw you added S. I edited my post and you may not have seen this.

Good work Incred! There would be no list without you, thanks a lot. :)

(In b4 NYPWE - Not your personal Wiki expert)
  31. TrevAnon Member

Only now I see this. Thanks!
  32. Incredulicide Member

I've finished adding the names from the big list that already had "disconn" and am so far up to date with adding names mentioned in this thread, taking the total to 229 which I've added in the intro along with a link to the Big List :)
    Taking on the daunting task of googling every name on the Big List was all yours! I am in awe of you for that :)
    • Like Like x 1
  33. RightOn Member

my sword to the two of you!
    • Like Like x 1
  34. TrevAnon Member

The website by Phil and Willie can solve this.

Please add a text like:

Add your own story

What do you do if you would like to be included?

You can can send your story to the StopScientologyDisconnection website (link).

You can post there according to their rules. Anonymous or first name only if you like.

However, to qualify for our list the following general rules apply:
    - you must use your real full first and full last name
    - only personal stories, so someone disconnected from you, or you disconnected from someone (or was forced to do so)
    Every now and then Anonymous will check if there are new stories on the site. If your story gets published you'll be added.

Idea yes/no/meh?
    • Like Like x 1
  35. TrevAnon Member

Like on the big list page, can you do a header that says

This content originated on WhyWeProtest forums. Click here to see the original thread.

Of course then referring to this thread?
    • Like Like x 1
  36. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. TrevAnon Member

Gerhard Waterkamp A business associate disconnected.
    Sabine Waterkamp People disconnected
    Gary Weber Was encouraged by COS to disconnect from mother and girlfriend, daughter disconnected
    Shane Weightman Parent disconnected
    Rhett Westerman Family in who will not communicate with him
    Tony Williams Disconnection letter from his friend
    Bernie Wimbush Feared of disconnection, but luckily his family did not.
    Kendra Wiseman Disconnected by her parents
    Larry Wollersheim Was forced to disconnect from his wife, parents and other family members.
    Astra Woodcraft - Father of her daughter disconnected
    Lawrence Woodcraft Could not see his daughter as she left the Sea Org
    Zoe Woodcraft - Father disconnected
    Bonnie Woods Was declared and feared losing everyone in her life
    Gabrielle Wynne Was urged to disconnect from her mother but she refused

Margery Wakefield Lots of links, is there a disconnection story in there?

Hana Eltringham Whitfield Same.
  38. TrevAnon Member

39. TrevAnon Member

40. TrevAnon Member

TrevAnon delivers. :)

Haven't slept well, so going to take a nap. See you in a couple of hours.
    • Like Like x 1