Customize

Flag Down 2014 Full Schedule

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Darth Xander, Apr 27, 2014.

1. TorontosRoot Member

list is quite old and outdated.
  2. moarxenu Member

Only if you are marrying David Miscavige.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Darth Xander Member

Did I mention the pizza place was free? Lessons learned will be applied on a going forward basis. Hindsight is 20/20.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. DeathHamster Member

I think that would involve at least a 72 hour Baker Act commitment order.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Darth Xander Member

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wow, totally cool. I've been wanting to hear what this guy has to say. Thanks alot. Will watch tonight when I get home from work. Thanks alot.
    By the way Darth Xander, I live in the area. If you any help from a local, drop me a line.

terapin1 at msn.com

I've been hard on a couple of protesters so i can understand if my help is not wanted.
    I just felt I had to speak up. Lives are at stake, This cause is important to be derailed by giggling insults.
    Keep your eyes on the prize.
    Appreciate all you do for the cause.

Terapind
    Clearwater/Tampa/Orlandi protest cell - post LMT pre ANON
  7. Darth Xander Member

I know who you are. I'll be in touch.

The pizza place was free everybody. Did I mention that?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Yes. A couple of times now. Good job.

Does that mean you are into holding the week's worth of conferences in pizza places the next time?

And can you please let us know how the $2,500 accommodations breaks down?
  9. Darth Xander Member

Absolutely not. Just keep that in mind while you listen to the audio, which IMHO turned out pretty darn good.

I don't have the breakdown.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 14
  10. TrevAnon Member

That would be bigamy! :eek:

Oh, well. We've seen that happen before. :p
    • Like Like x 2
  11. amaX Member

Minnreg Hall deposit:

FDMinnregHall3_zps9bd5e3f9.png

Amscot only makes money orders to $1,000 so this is the first money order to pay the balance due on the Minnreg:

FDMinnregHall2_zpsfb9e9e27.png

The last part of the payment to Minnreg:

FDMinnregHall1_zpsafb3102b.png

*There was no refund for the final day when the Minnreg was not used because the cancellation was too late.

T-shirt money:

flagdownt-shirtmoney_zpsbdadd76d.png

Off-duty police officers:

flagdownsheriff_zps9a44f443.png

*The cancellation for the police officers was not done in time to get our money back for the final evening.

Insurance quote for the event insurance which was looked at and ok'd by the Minnreg and by Darth Xander.

flagdownvenueinsurance_zpscf13f5dc.png

Picture of the event insurance policy number and the Minnreg's address on one of the insurance pages:

flagdowninsurance2_zps14b97304.png

Here's my stack of receipts for the things I paid for out of my own pocket. On top is a check from a lovely person who tried to send me money back for the perk package that I mailed her. I tore it up.

flagdownmyreceipts_zps3654b244.png

I handled the venue, t-shirts, event insurance and hiring of off-duty officers.
    • Like Like x 19
  12. Nancy Beazley Member

• Like Like x 9
  13. ThetanBait Member

So are the personality tests....
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Amax how can we donate?
  15. amaX Member

Thank you, but I don't want any donations. I only posted my receipts in the hope that it would show that I did not profit financially from this conference at all.
    • Like Like x 9
  16. Darth Xander Member

Great to see you at Flag Down TB. I trust you doubled up on gym time when you got home. You were looking a little flabby at the end there. You don't want to start looking like me.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. tigeratbay Member

:)
  18. AquaMan Member

At least in regards to the pizza place, the audio may be good on the video, but when it was live? Not so much. Some speakers were just fine being heard without amplification, but others were less so.
    • Like Like x 4
  19. grep Member

I wonder if the correct mic was set when streaming. The raw audio I'm working with now is much louder & clearer than the video camera's version. Oh well, just another little thing to learn from.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. TorontosRoot Member

I have learned about how bad the streaming quality is once you are on the receiving end of it.
  21. Darth Xander Member

Thanks for sharing your story Marisa. I'm sorry for the damage Scientology has done to your family.

• Like Like x 5
  22. Darth Xander Member

Second night speakers.

• Like Like x 7
  23. Darth Xander Member

Click "Like" if you agree with me that this guy is full of himself. Why is he even speaking?

• Like Like x 11
  24. Darth Xander Member

This guy, on the other hand, is really cool. Thanks for stepping up FT!

• Like Like x 12
  25. rickybobby Member

Seems like security would be a little easier if it all took place in one hotel. No parking lot surprises, no cars to follow, all private property.
    • Like Like x 7
  26. I could see a LA/SoCal version o f FD. The cross between high clam presence, a good number of active local SP's, lots of possible conference venues, off-time entertainment and lack of LMT injunction might make it a good place to consider for the future.
    • Like Like x 5
  27. Thanks for posting these vids.
    • Like Like x 4
  28. Darth Xander Member

John McGhee is a really, really cool guy and it was my pleasure to meet and get to know him.

• Like Like x 8
  29. Quentinanon Member

Make sure the venue is near strip clubs for the osabots, since the ones who posted here before FD were interested enough to call them to our attention.
    • Like Like x 6
  30. Darth Xander Member

I think Jamie absolutely knocks it out of the park here. I'm glad to see him delving much deeper into his grandfather's history. Its one of the areas of Scientology history that I think calls for a lot more exploration, and he seems to be picking up the baton. Thank you Holiday Inn management for giving Jamie an extra 30 minutes!

I was also pleasantly surprised at his demeanor. Knowing him only through videos I figured him for kind of a boisterous guy. Complete opposite. Almost quiet even. Took a ton of notes during the other speakers and talked with everyone. Very, very impressed by him.

• Like Like x 17
  31. grep Member

Working on the trolley video now. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Darth Xander Member

Oh no! I've never done anything like that before guys. Be gentle.
  33. Django Member

• Like Like x 3
  34. tigeratbay Member

I'd change that sentence to ...." like" if you agree with me that this guy IS himself. :cool:
    • Like Like x 4
  35. whoever Member

I'd totally be up for this.

By the way, I want to "like" so many things here, but I can't. I don't have enough street cred or something. So just remember that I'm out here liking your posts, dammit.
    • Like Like x 9
  36. skeptic2girl Member

Being in SF, I would probably be able to get down to LA for some sort of Entheta-palooza...

I would imagine, though, (especially anyone who has been tracking Flag Down) it might be difficult to find someone (or a small group of people) to ultimately take the reins for an apparently thankless job. I think you could pull things off perfectly, and people will still bitch at you about something.

Ideally, we could get a Scilon staffer to be head organizer... they're used to being yelled at and such, and surely if they've got their TRs in, they would be immune to any stress?
    • Like Like x 6
  37. moxie Member

Buttons are overrated. But I gave you a like to help you on your way to get enough to rate post . Sigh
    • Like Like x 5
  38. pedrofcuk Member

Does anyone know, was the pizza place free?
    • Like Like x 9
  39. rickybobby Member

So...... here are my ideas for FD 2015:

A different pizza place every night. Or hey-- we could mix it up! Chinese one night, Mexican the next....

A special Artistic Presentation-- The Music of L Ron Hubbard experienced through the magic of Interpretive Dance. (Xander was particularly enthused about this idea).

Whomever dresses Ted Stourton should be the costume designer.
    • Like Like x 2