Customize

Flag Down 2014 Full Schedule

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Darth Xander, Apr 27, 2014.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology critics gather for week-long conference in Clearwater area | Tampa Bay Times

Several critics of the Church of Scientology, including the great-grandson of church founder L. Ron Hubbard, are scheduled to speak this week at a local conference organizers say will draw attention to "human rights abuses'' within the Scientology community.

Called "Flag Down 2014,'' the conference is a series of presentations planned today through Friday at various mid and North Pinellas venues. On Saturday, organizers plan a public protest of Scientology in downtown Clearwater.

But the church already has taken steps to at least partially restrict the protestors.

The conference, which is free and open to the public, begins at 6:30 p.m. today at the Minnreg hall, 6340 126th Ave. in Largo. Organizer Pete Griffiths, of Ireland, who was a Scientologist for 21 years before leaving in 2008, said a rotation of speakers will talk throughout the week. They include former Scientologists, writers and others with deep knowledge of the church.

British journalist Russell Miller, author of Bare-faced Messiah, the noted Hubbard biography vigorously opposed by the church, is on the roster.

Author and BBC journalist John Sweeney, who has reported several stories on Scientology, will speak today. His book, Church of Fear: Inside the Weird World of Scientology, was published in 2013.

Griffiths said speakers will discuss a range of topics, including church working conditions, its money-raising tactics and Scientology's shunning practice, called disconnection.

Tuesday's session begins at 6:30 p.m., also at the Minnreg building. Wednesday afternoon and evening, organizers plan a bus tour of church facilities in Clearwater, where in 1976 Scientology established its worldwide spiritual center — known as the Flag Land Base.

Thursday night, more informational sessions are planned at a Clearwater Beach restaurant. Friday night, participants return to the Minnreg building for a performance by Jamie DeWolf, a slam poet, comedian and writer.

He is the grandson of Ron DeWolf, who was born L. Ron Hubbard Jr. The younger Hubbard claimed to have helped his father propel the Scientology movement in the 1950s. He later denounced Hubbard and changed his name.

Jamie DeWolf also became a sharp critic. He won acclaim this year for his spoken word piece, The God or The Man, which focused on his great-grand father. He is scheduled to speak Friday night at Minnreg.

Organizers said they plan to present live streamed video of each presentation on the conference's website http://www.FlagDown.org.

Saturday's protest is scheduled to begin at midday and go until 5 p.m. Organizers said protestors intend to march peacefully near church properties.

They will find some sidewalks closed. The church recently secured city permits to close the sidewalk in front of its landmark Fort Harrison Hotel, saying workers will do test borings near buried utility lines. Also closed Saturday will be the sidewalk on the south side of Scientology's new Flag Building, which opened in November.

The church did not respond to a request for comment about the conference, the protest or its move to close sidewalks.

Clearwater Mayor George Cretekos said organizers invited him and other City Council members to attend the conference. He wrote back, saying the officials had a conflict.

He said a Flag Down representative discussed the planned protest with city and police officials.

"I would hope any demonstration follows our guidelines and gives them an opportunity to express their free speech rights, without any problems,'' he said.

Comments are open at http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ek-long-conference-in-clearwater-area/2178314
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Darth Xander Member

Did I or did I not call it AMA?

They will find some sidewalks closed. The church recently secured city permits to close the sidewalk in front of its landmark Fort Harrison Hotel, saying workers will do test borings near buried utility lines. Also closed Saturday will be the sidewalk on the south side of Scientology's new Flag Building, which opened in November.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Jeff Jacobsen Member

4. amaX Member

No. We're never releasing the schedule. You all can just piece it together like a quilt while live stream is going on.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. I love you guys.
  6. Darth Xander Member

Through a rather serendipitous chain of events (actually, like three emails) we were able to arrange for a deserving individual to receive a lifetime SP award. Who is it? What day will he (or she) receive it? You'll just have to attend the whole thing to find out.
    • Like Like x 6
  7. amaX Member

We will not be announcing when this happens nor will we announce the winner.
    • Like Like x 9
  8. amaX Member

Someone like this post please. I like this post so much that I want it to be liked.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. snippy Member

hot-air-balloon-church.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  10. snippy Member

• Like Like x 3
  11. Nancy Beazley Member

Down voting this post is fucking stupid. Information is shared here. If you don't like the information, have the guts or the brains to say why you find it suspect. Don't down-vote something because it doesn't suit your view of how you wish things were.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Quentinanon Member

Example of a very fucked up lawyer:

2008_08_10_Kendrick_Moxon_hand_cropped.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Quentinanon Member

What bullshit. Didn't the city give the cult permits many times during the Lisa McPherson homicide protests? They kept tearing up and refilling in the sidewalk.
  15. Quentinanon Member

Nancy, just as a point of information, I recall your down voting a couple posts I made because you didn't like what I had to say.
  16. Quentinanon Member

Hey, Mayor George. Reality check. The protesters are not expressing their free speech rights, which you have been complicit in abrogating, but rather, their objections to the crimes and human rights violations of the scientology crime syndicate.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DeathHamster Member

Ha! You never made a schedule, and you're just winging it, admit it! :p

Kidding! Great hard work, and I hope it goes well. Everyone remember to keep the eyes on the back of your heads open.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Horseradish Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. Darth Xander Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. I rode through downtown this a.m. The entire length of the front of the Ft. Harrison hotel from Pierce to the sci park has the sidewalk closed off. There is one ladder visible about half-way down with no one on it. The entire length of the south side of the Flag building the sidewalk is closed off. All the parking meters in front of Flag on Ft. Harrison have the red "no parking" bags on them, but there are still vehicles in every spot, including a Washburn Academy van (sci school). There is a police car in front of Flag. I've also seen the 2 PIs who followed Father Tony in front of Flag on more than one occasion, although not today. The woman is a champion gum chewer.
  21. Jeff Jacobsen Member

What is the URL for the streaming video? Is it a secret?
    • Like Like x 1
  22. This sucks. Looks like the culties are gearing up just about the same as they did for their grand opening. And that's even before Flag Down has even started.

How about armed PIs up on the roofs? Or attack dogs? That's what I heard they had the last time.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  23. tigeratbay Member

24. Be careful, I drove by and they are on the top alert i-will-fuck-you-up-if-you show mode. Just need to be extra careful when we protest, with them having the cops and the mayor in their pocket now.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  25. The police can suck my cock, those faggots will have a surprise if they wanna fuck with us and side with the cult. That's all I am saying. I am not referring to violence ;)
    notsayingmaname
    This message by notsayingmaname has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  26. Nancy Beazley Member

Then I might have been guilty of the sin I accused others of. Thanks for raising the issue.

If someone posted an undoxed opinion, then I'd think it was kosher to vote the post up or down in accordance with my own opinion(s) on the topic.

But if someone offers information, dox if you will, and I downvoted it, I'd just be expressing sour grapes at how the dox fails to support my personal beliefs.

It seems (I might be wrong) that there's less respect here for information / dox than there used to be. But if I'm right that there's less respect for dox now, that's not a good thing.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Nancy Beazley Member

Oh, OSA, you so scareeeee!

• Like Like x 4
  28. BlooAnon Member

If they want to spend the money doing this every time there's a major protest, I see no problem with it; It's their money.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. I filed a complaint with the City about all the cars parked in front of Flag, yet all the meters had red "no parking" bags on them.

Here is my response back:

Thank you for your inquiry.

These metered spaces were reserved and paid for by the Church of Scientology.

If you have any further questions or concerns you may contact the Parking System at (727) 562-4704.

Thank you,
    Jennifer Haynes
  30. Please. Don't OSAOSAOSA me after you just apologized for your downvoting faux pas.

I have no idea about the other two posts, but mine was definitely a legitimate question. I remember numerous posts about armed PIs on the roofs during the grand opening. I saw dogs in Xander's videos. I really am wondering what was seen by the local Anon who is posting about what they are seeing.
    barrellroll
    This message by barrellroll has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  31. Horseradish Member

32. ^^^THIS.

Ummm, it's like about an hour before showtime. We will be able to see it, right? Any organizers here?
  33. Horseradish Member

And while we're waiting for Clearwater, here's the soothing sound of the UK shipping forecast music...
    (which we get to listen to while waiting for the shipping forecast to start on the BBC, in the middle of the night)

• Like Like x 4
  34. Kilia Member

Damn! I want to see what's going on in Clearwater!!
    • Like Like x 1
  35. If you remember "numerous posts about armed PI's on roofs during the grand opening" then you shouldn't have any problem at all using the forum's search engine to link even one single such post to prove your assertion, right?

Otherwise your claim is just another failed example of OSA's pathetic fear mongering. Feel me, loser?