Customize

Four Winds Ranch - dumping ground for FAILED scientology kids

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by OTBT, Mar 23, 2010.

1. amaX Member

Re: Four Winds Ranch - dumping ground for FAILED scientology kids

Desperately, DESPERATELY need anyone who might have gone through this Four Winds Ranch who is willing to tell their story.
  2. Optimisticate Member

Whoops, forgot to throw this in... found on cached copy of homepage for [strike]Breaking Wind[/strike] Four Winds Ranch:

3. Anonymous Member

Oh hell, how many of these "hidden" Scientology ranches are there?

They aren't Narconons or Criminons or CCHR facilities, but look like there are mostly for warehousing underage rebellious Scientology kids, who are saying FUCK YOU to their Scientology parents or Ability School teachers.
  4. subgenius Member

gotta be quite a few of those
  5. auchraw Member

Lorelei beat me to it. Dr McMasters = PEDOBEAR! Why else is he doing this?
  6. Lorelei Member

Delicious moneyz.
  7. NoScope Member

I'm still trying to google map it, but since theres no pics of the place its kinda hard.
  8. PodPeople Member

“Located about an hour from Austin, the house sits on 15 acres”
    The address is for a small office in a small strip mall. There is no reference to where this house is other than the above and No pictures of house or ranch.

“Tailor-made counseling programs can be developed to handle: (my note: no ages listed)
    » Hostility/Antagonism/Other Misemotion
    » Noncompliance
    » Chronic un-ethical behavior
    » Continual misbehaving
    » Non-production/Laziness
    » Destructive acting out
    » Self-centered/Inconsiderate/Defiant Behavior
    » Compulsively withdrawn/Unhappiness”

“Medical and Nutritional Program*
    The main difference between The Four Winds Ranch and other programs lies in its strong Medical and Nutritional Program. Many behavior problems are to a degree the result of an undetected or unhandled medical condition.”

Small print at bottom: “ * The Four Winds Ranch does not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions.”
  9. ElenaP Member

Anyone saw this? Anonymous Forum :: My child is out of control! :: Four Winds Ranch

Its a forum where one person talks about taking her daughter to Four Winds and the experiences...

10. NoScope Member

I found this place and if the ranch has more than one building then this is probably it.
    Untitled-12.jpg
  11. Lorelei Member

Good find, ElenaP!

The good: parents taking responsibility for their possible roles in the situation (acknowledging "controlling behavior," co-dependency).

The bad: FFS, it is a Deliverance County Gulag. If I were that kid, I'd be promising my parents anything to get away from there.
  12. Anonymous Member

The mailing address is 1107 HWY 1431, Suite 118, Marble Falls, TX 78654.

"Formerly Larry's House now a family home, not a boarding school."

But I guess y'all know this.
  13. ElenaP Member

On this site you can find pictures of the interiors of the Ranch Virtual Tour of Four Winds Ranch

63505673.jpg

30520431.jpg

31341337.jpg

27774021.jpg

You recognise any of these girls?
    75463199.jpg
  14. PodPeople Member

Do you have anything linking this to Larry's ranch? Thought it wasn't.
  15. Anonymous Member

flhqg0.jpg
  16. ElenaP Member

They even promote that Dr Phil is recommending them! Contact Us

17. PodPeople Member

Anyone in real estate help get more exact from this (Marble Falls is in Burnett County) to track the real estate info for the 15 acres:

Error

23 200702824 03/07/2007 DEED E MASTER, LAWRENCE J. R BAKER, KENNETH LINVEL, ET AL (+) 15.50 ACRES - HENRY CROCHERON SVY. #100, ABST. #182, ET AL Perm
    24 200702825 03/07/2007 DEED OF TRUST R MASTER, LAWRENCE J. E COLDWELL BANKER MORTGAGE, ET AL (+) 15.50 ACRES - HENRY CROCHERON SVY. #100, ABST. #182, ET AL Perm
    25 200702826 03/07/2007 SECURITY INSTRUMENT R MASTER, LAWRENCE J. E COLDWELL BANKER MORTGAGE 15.50 ACRES - HENRY CROCHERON SVY. #100, ABST. #182, ET AL Perm
    26 200705320 04/27/2007 CORRECTION E MASTER, LAWRENCE J. R BAKER, KENNETH LINVEL, ET AL (+) 15.50 ACRES W/2 ESMTS. - HENRY CROCHERON SVY. #100, ABST. #182, ET AL Perm
    27 200705321 04/27/2007 CORRECTION R MASTER, LAWRENCE J. E COLDWELL BANKER MORTGAGE, ET AL (+) 15.50 ACRES W/ESMTS - HENRY CROCHERON SVY. #100, ABST. #182, ET AL Perm
    28 200705322 04/27/2007 CORRECTION R MASTER, LAWRENCE J. E COLDWELL BANKER MORTGAGE 15.50 ACRES W/ESMTS. - HENRY CROCHERON SVY. #100, ABST. #182, ET AL Perm
  18. NoScope Member

That one says its located in Ok
  19. grumpus Member

Those pics and info posted by Elena are for a teen drug treatment facility that is 12-step based. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the Scilons.
  20. ElenaP Member

Oh? So The Texan scilons are using the same name to gain more3 credibility?

As always! :D
  21. PodPeople Member

This may be it, or getting closer:

http://propaccess.trueautomation.com/clientdb/SearchResults.aspx

49215 B0182-0000-00015-001 Real CAMP RIDGE RD TX ABS A0182 HENRY CROCHERON,TRACT .978,.552 ABSTS 182 & 1.062 P REILEY ABST 717****,2.592 ACRES MASTER LAWRENCE J $216 View Details
    55441 B0717-0000-00001-A02 Real ABS A0717 PHILLIP REILEY,TRACT 6B,9.101 ACRES MASTER LAWRENCE J $759 View Details
    66664 B0717-0000-00004-101 Real ABS A0717 PHILLIP REILEY,1.75 ACRES MASTER LAWRENCE J $10,500 View Details
    69158 B0717-0000-00001-300 Real 200 CAMP RIDGE RD. ABS A0717 PHILLIP REILEY, TRACT 6B, 2.167 ACRES MASTER LAWRENCE J $164,241 View Details

200 Camp Ridge Rd, Marble Falls, TX:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=200%20CAMP%20RIDGE%20RD%2C%20Marble%20Falls%2C%20TX
  22. grumpus Member

That wouldn't surprise me.

Google shows a lot of "Four Winds Ranch" hits; the top hit and the most hits are for the 12-step teen place in Oklahoma.

The Scilon place is about 8th (4 above this thread, lol), mixed in with horse ranches, campsites, xmas tree farms, etc.
  23. PodPeople Member

So 1 of those 4 real estate deeds is for house (200 Camp Ridge Rd), the other 3 land, the largest (9 acres) virtually tax free ($12) most exempted for "agriculture market". Let me guess that the kids get to toil the soil for produce, and he get's tax benefit? (mind you, a little gardening, growing a veggie garden is therapeutic...but he would get benefit, and depends on kids' age and schedules) just speculating, but tax exemption is listed as agricultural

http://propaccess.trueautomation.com/clientdb/Property.aspx?prop_id=55441
  24. Anonymous Member

Downtown Marble Falls.

[IMG]

I am somewhat familiar with Marble Falls. I believe in this picture the highway on the right is US 281 going north. Ranch Road 1431 would be running along the line of buildings near the top of the photo. I might drive there some weekend soon.
  25. PodPeople Member

The house and ranch address is: 200 Camp Ridge Rd, Marble Falls, TX (see above)

This address: 1107 Hwy 1431 (a/k/a Ranch Rd 1431) is a strip mall, with a UPS store (and small post office). This, under Lawrence Master's property records in Burnett County is listed as his mailing address. So he's using a Post Office in that UPS store for mail.

The UPS Store - 5548
    1107 HWY 1431,
    Marble Falls, TX 78654
    The UPS Store - MARBLE FALLS, TX - Home
    (830) 693-5252
    (830) 693-5353 Fax

store5548@theupsstore.com
  26. sheeple Member

So, Dr. Phil is thanking the legitimate Oklahoma Four Winds Ranch, who is in turn using the plug to promote their facility. Nothing wrong here.

Has anyone notified the Oklahoma Four Winds Ranch that another rehab facility is using their good name to shill for Scientology? Assuming of course that the Oklahome facility predates 1997.

Happy to let them know if no one else has, but they only need to be told once :)
  27. auchraw Member

Google Four Winds Ranch Texas: four from the top:

# [PDF]
    Four Winds.QXD
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
    Founded in 1997, The Four Winds Ranch (formerly. Larry's House) is a family home, not a boarding school. Located just outside of Austin, Texas, we ...
    www.thefourwindsranch.com/Four_Winds.pdf

#
  28. PodPeople Member

He clearly states in brochure, this is a "family home, not a boarding school".

There is no info on the site about licenses or permits, as a "family home" would be child care, whether day care or 24 hours, although different regulations.

There is also No licenses or permits for Four Winds Ranch or Lawrence Master on the relevant Texas licensing site:

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care/Search_Texas_Child_Care/CCLNET/Source/CPA/ppSearchTXChildCare2.aspx
  29. exOT8Michael Member

"FailWinds 2"

(#1 Failwinds =Freewinds, ship.)

Usually the inclusion of the key word "winds" can denote a Sea Org entity.

Save the children !!
  30. anonohio Member

wow

pubmed, ohiolink, and my university's online journal catalogue don't show any research results for Master, Lawrence J. Usually, if you have a Phd, you've published. I can't find anything.

Where did he get his Phd? What was his education prior to the phd?

How does an academic/research degree in nutrition, however valid the school it's from, give the skills necessary to deal with problem teens?
  31. exOT8Michael Member

So, is this guy a real PhD or a fake one??
  32. anonohio Member

it's easy to get a phd. it's hard to get a legitimate one. it's the school that matters, more than the degree itself.

not saying he didn't, i just can't find anything on him.

it's odd that he doesn't have a CV on the website, that's the first thing i'd look at when researching a camp for my problem teen.
  33. anonohio Member

OVID, CINAHL, and EMBASE have also turned up empty. you'd think he'd at least have co-author status on something.

part of a grad student's lot in life is doing Phd's work for them, resulting in a mention in a published study.

hell, i get my hits googling myself than this guys name.
  34. amaX Member

Do any of you know of anyone that has been to this dump and has a story to tell?
  35. PodPeople Member

Found a few businesses in central TX start with "Four Winds" Likely "positioning tech": Native American Indians, this tribe listed under "educational Services"

Four Winds Intertribal Society
  36. Bob Newhart Member

37. Anonymous Member

why doesn't someone just call them and politely ask about their qualifications?

goog411 would be your friend here.
  38. subgenius Member

no u
    and lots of other questions...
  39. andonanon Member

I looked at the Burnet Co Tax Assessor's page. I am guessing the four properties are probably adjacent parcels that have different chain of ownership. I was curious if his homestead exemption might be affected by using his home for business uses, but as long as he lives there it seems ok from what I can find.
    He is paid up on the taxes for his house. Some of the other parcels have relatively small amounts due.

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/50-114.pdf
  40. Anonymous Member

He's a ghost. Thought he was basically a licensed dietitian with a phd. Can't find him yet.