Customize

France: COS says Justice Ministry infringing on Nov. 3 trial

Discussion in 'Media' started by mnql1, Oct 24, 2011.

1. mnql1 Member

Translation of a French article posted on Oct. 24, 2011 on many websites, for example: La Scientologie attaque une circulaire sur les "dérives sectaires"

• Like Like x 10
  2. Anonymous Member

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

"For the Church of Scientology, the circular "is just the latest in a series of measures implemented by the Ministry of Justice in collaboration with Miviludes [Interministerial Mission of Vigilance and Combat against Sectarian Abuses] to undermine the independence of the judiciary and the right to a fair trial for religious minorities in France"

Well at least I agree on one thing with COS, they are a teeny tiny cult.
  3. heatberd Member

But they're not a religious minority.
    In France they are a cult minority.
    I don't think cults have religious rights.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

I was just agreeing with them on their size, not what they think they are. lol
  5. Thank you for staying on top of this story, mnql1! <3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

I so hope that the judges will bring their BIG hammers to the trial.
  7. Anonymous Member

"The document cites "tests, purification treatments, vitamin cures" as examples of techniques that can lead to alteration of a person's judgment.

These examples are "religious practices of Scientology", protested one of Celebrity Centre's lawyers, Michel de Guillenschmidt, during a press conference."

so COS saying that Narconon is religious practice?
  8. Anonymous Member

Paging David Love. David Love please come to the reception desk, there is a message here for you.
  9. Butthurt cult is butthurt.

GOOD.

DeliciousTears.jpg

Allons-y, mes amis Français!
  10. xenubarb Member

Around the globe, orgs are reaping the harvest sown in 2008. It tastes of tears and ashes, also a horrible intrusion of the real world into their mockup Hubbardian existence.

When OTs can't make it go right, who can?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Ann O'Nymous Member

AFAIK, the purification rundown uses these "techniques" too.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AnonLover Member

Professional PR firms... inb4culthazitsownhollywoodpublicist
  13. LocalSP Member

Can we file a complaint to the UN about scientology's abusive practices?
  14. Anonymous Member

today was United Nations Day
  15. Intelligence Member

I know a Lawyer who works for the United Nations in New York. Indeed, a dear friend and supporter of what we/I are doing.

Will forward info and see?

• Like Like x 5
  16. LocalSP Member

Thank you DL.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Intelligence Member

Sure, why not:) I filed a Formal Complaint through some University Law Students who reviewed my complaint
    to Amnesty International. Then they delivered it in person:)

I don't know what I can do here, except perhaps contact a friend in France.
    Just read over the Judgement. Perhaps on appeal, they will double or tripple the fine.

France, like Germany, Russia, and it looks like Canada will be jumping aboard, are No-Nonsense countries when it
    comes to Scientology scams.

• Like Like x 3
  18. mnql1 Member

Translation of a French article posted on Oct. 25, 2011 on the website of Le Figaro:
    Avant son procès en appel, la Scientologie hausse le ton
    • Like Like x 4
  19. AnonLover Member

So this UNADFI thing is a cult awareness/assistance type group?

National Union of Association for Defense of Families and the Individual Victims of Cults
    http://www.unadfi.org/

"approved by" ... wondering if this is a private organization, or government funded?
  20. Anonymous Member

What an irony. Scientology is filing a complaint with a body that deals with issues such as fair trial rights, access to justice and non-abuse of the judicial process.
  21. Intelligence Member

There ARE getting desperate:)

22. mnql1 Member

Face à l'actu le 30 octobre : scientologie, Rama Yade, police municipale à Nice...
    Translation:

On the eve of the Scientology's appeal trial regarding the organized fraud conviction that resulted in severe penalties in 2009, Eric Roux, spokesman for Scientologie in France, will be a guest on the M6 channel's Face à l'actu program on Sunday, October 30 at 1:45 P.M. Eric Roux, is furious following the publication of a Justice Ministry circular detailing how magistrates should be vigilant about cults. He calls this a scandalous move to put pressure on judges.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. peterstorm Member

I don't like Fogiel but it should be fun to watch. Someone can record?
  24. peterstorm Member

UNADFI is government funded.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Ann O'Nymous Member

UNADFI is a private organization and government funded.

He made a short interview with two exes that was quite good: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5g0xe_fogiel-roger-gonnet-mona-vasquez-sc_news. That was following an interesting documentary starting with Kaja Ballo: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1477756518712810414.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. Sponge Member

27. jensting Member

Speaking of "religious practices" of the $cientology organisation, I recently was reminded that the criminal organisation known as the "church" <spit> of $cientology claimed that fair game was a "core practice." Bears repeating, I think. From http://home.snafu.de/tilman/j/general.html#JCA-45

Perhaps people who can actually write French can use this as inspiration for harpoons?

Best Regards

Jens
  28. jensting Member

Well, the Co$ probably pretends that the purif is a treatment for the "mind" and Narconon probably fudges the issue entirely (so as to draw attention away from the entirely relevant question of whether the "purification rundown" is a dangerous medical practice, practiced without license)... But, you know, this thing Narconon, we don't have that in France. Someone died and the government did The Right Thing[tm].

Best Regards

Jens
    • Like Like x 3
  29. peterstorm Member

30. Sponge Member

Thanks!
    Youtube version now available.

If anyone wants to provide translation + timings then paste it up and I'll add the Closed Captions.
    Format:
    start time, end time (00:00:00.00)
    translated phrase
    <blank line>

Although I suspect there's more in the full programme broadcast(?) which I can't see.
  31. Anonymous Member

Dunno how the appeal process works in France, but in Australia you can often get a worse result than the first on appeal.
  32. peterstorm Member

1:47 is enough to see how slimy Eric Roux is...
  33. Sponge Member

^English closed-caption subtitles have now been added to that videoclip.

Thanks mnql1 for the help.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Scientology's reputation is so bad right now the only thing they accomplish by pulling stunts like this is getting more media attention, letting more people find out what a fraud it is.

Please continue, Midget :)