Customize

France: Scientology appeal trial Nov. 3 - Dec. 1, 2011

Discussion in 'Media' started by mnql1, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triumph Member

We won't take it any more *LOL*

if the Frenchie Clams were smart they would Have Hired Dee Schneider from Twisted Sister
    to front their little protest

they could have joined hands and sang the old Twisted Sisters hit tune
    Were not gonna Take... no we ain't gonna fake it....were not gonna take it any moreeeeeee...
    deeschnider.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  2. RightOn Member

yeah, seems also a tad fishy to me
    Perhaps some paid protestors? Wouldn't put it past COS
  3. Sponge Member

It's more than the reported police's estimate (100) but less than scientology's claimed number (350) in the AFP report.
    Count the number across the first row then estimate the randomly more sparse behind and the answer is somewhere in between.

More to the point: If they think this is such a terrible injustice then where are the "45,000" scientologists, reported in the same news articles, that the cult claims to have in France (of the "12 million" they claim to have in the world). Such a "heresy" would surely warrant the multi-billion dollar cult bussing in scientologists from all over Europe, wouldn't it? Of course, they can't do this because it is a lie. Remember, at one of the previous St.Hill IAS annual events some dox appeared revealing that they had actually used a casting agency to recruit audience members because they don't have enough scientologists in the whole of europe to fill a few thousand seats at a major event for their so called "religion".

It's kind of poetic really. I mean there they are pissing and moaning in front of the seat of justice yet at the same time lying through their teeth about how many actual scientologists they have. That's scientology for you.

Also, in France, how can it be a "heresy" if it is not even regarded as a church/religion there. It's classified as a cult group.

Also, also, if L.Ron Hubbard does "come back" in the form of another meat body, can somebody alert the police because I do believe he's been wanted since his 1978 conviction and 4 year sentence, in absentia, for fraud.
  4. Sponge Member

P.S. Why did I get a security warning and a captcha after a minor edit and submission of my previous post?

[move to support forum if you wish]
  5. mnql1 Member

More photos of the Nov. 22, 2011 protest by Scientologists outside the Paris court of appeal.

Source: Photos by Marc Chaumeil.

scientologyprotestparis.jpg

[IMG]

scientologyprotestparisz.jpg

scientologyprotestparisb.jpg
  6. WE All HAVE DEAD EYES: WE NEED HELP.......

OHAM: Occupy Hubbard's Ass Movement......

Is that NBC's 'Meet the Press' host David Gregory pretending to play a guitar?
  7. Anonymous Member

Typical miserable looking old-ass bunch of weary stressed out over-regged giffers.

But not many are French. They claim 40,000 followers in France LMFAO!!
  8. RightOn Member

if that guy on the drum isn't "acting" I will eat my hat
  9. Anonymous Member

Can the guys on the Francais sector of this forum galaxy ID any of those as being non-French or just actors hired to protest?
  10. Sponge Member

Thanks again mnql1.

I found this blog post in english from a scientologist who was there.
    http:// ourearthlyrights.blogspot.com/2011/11/today-scientologists-in-paris-were-out.html#!/2011/11/today-scientologists-in-paris-were-out.html
    (may not work in I.E. browser).

"a gazillion"
    "45,000"
    "12 million"
    ovar 9,000 !!!111111!!!!

Keep going on about "injustice", you fucking deluded liars.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. mnql1 Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. Sponge Member

Compared to the first photos from the scilon source, it looks like a smaller gaggle in those photos.

They so needed to be trolled with anontech(tm)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anon'R'us Member

I'm preeeeeetty sure they are no "religion whose rights are recognized" here in Germany. But then again it could be me.
  14. The UK does not have the concept of a 'state-recognised' religion.

The UK Charity Commissioner has deemed that Scientology does not benefit the public.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. James Spader Member

I've reported it in the moderators forum.
  16. Albion Member

I don't think that's it: my understanding is that if this objection stands -- if they
    did not file their appeal properly -- then not only does the Celebrity Centre's
    appeal fall but it has no recourse to the Cour de Cassation (the Supreme Court)
    -- precisely because they did not file their appeal properly. That would mean
    that the original conviction and sentence would become definitive.

Bear in mind we are only talking about the Celebrity Centre (ASES): the appeals filed
    by the SEL bookshop and the individual defendants would still go ahead. But from
    Scientology's point of view, ASES's conviction for organised fraud is arguably the
    most damaging of those it is fighting.

I would not expect this issue to prolong the trial itself. It may simply be dealt with
    when the appeal court hands down its ruling in the case probably next year (though
    I suppose they might conceivably settle the matter at tomorrow's hearing).

With the defendants and their lawyers still absent, the case should wind up Thursday,
    possibly Friday.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

They claim 45,000 in France and only that many showed up to defend their organization? Claiming a high number but only having few to show for it doesn't look very good for them. If I heard that and saw those protesters, my first thought would be "I guess most of their members don't really care, or they don't really exist."
  18. Anon'R'us Member

Wouldn't that be the perfect occaison for a raid or flash raid? Since management is always trying to prevent their followers from seeing the protesters and their signs (you know, blind malfunctions, coincidental vans...) some very few Anons with nice informative signs right opposite of this crowd woud score some major win.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. RightOn Member

"As a Scientologist since many years (20+), seeing what some newspapers and individuals say about our religion never ceases to amaze me, these people members must be "visiting" a Church of Scientology with blinders on. It's either that or we Scientologists are just totally incapable of explaining what we're really doing."

FIFY and highlighted the obvious
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SPRTT Member

Doinitwrong, especially insofar as they are protesting as victims. J'Accuse has way more traction than "Nous accusons!" Lrn2Zola.

The fail, it tastes like four day old, cold escargots.
  21. Sponge Member

Needs moar zombies

• Like Like x 9
  22. Anonymous Member

Justice pour les scientologues! Exactament! C'est pour ça que nous protestons!

Marchons, marchons, qu'un sang impur, abreuve nos scilons!
  23. jensting Member

Thanks again for the reports :)

That would be sooooo lultzy if it came through :)

Best Regards

Jens
  24. Anonymous Member

they were pretty pissed off the week before frantz le francois ( just won a case in court vs eric roux )and nono la patate were in the court tried to have conversation with osa they were whinning and complained to the" gendarmes" bad sp were after them ...poor lil' victims
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

yes we can do that usually it is suspended jail and fines may be very very high
  26. Anonymous Member

or they could hire juliette lewis with a mike right in front of her ... well you know how juliette behave
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Anonymous Member

loic with hat and dildo ?
  28. Anonymous Member

using the mike phillipe (arm twister and threatening part time osa who just assaulted nono la patate october 16TH with the help of eric they were pretty pissed that very day police complaint for both of them three witnesseses..)
    next to him olivier ( bossa nova guitar teacher and part time boxer nono la patate in 2009 )
    they are turning out to be squirelling lately
    nono la patate is still alive
    he is still having fun
    and do appreciate clams every friday....
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

Justice pour Nono!

justicepournono.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Sponge Member

It would be more accurate for them to have signs that say "we reserve the right to assert our pseudo-religious rites to scam and abuse the wogs".
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 10
  31. Sponge Member

^when you see it, you'll shit bricks.
  32. mnql1 Member

French media are posting a very brief article reporting that the chief prosecutor at Scientology's appeal trial is asking the court to fine Scientology's two principal entities in France, the Celebrity Centre and its SEL bookstore, one million euros and 500,000 euros respectively. The fines handed down at the end of the first trial in 2009 were 400,000 and 200,000 euros.

Example: Scientologie : amende d'1,5 million requise
    • Like Like x 6
  33. Sponge Member

Thursday 2pm statcrash is approaching.

• Like Like x 11
  34. Fines are good.

But I want to see those "mea culpa" newspaper spreads!
    • Like Like x 1
  35. mnql1 Member

Translation of a French article posted on Nov. 24, 2011 on the website of Le nouvel observateur:
    Une amende d'un million d'euros requise contre la branche française de la Scientologie
    • Like Like x 3
  36. Sponge Member

February? Long wait is long.
    Will need to take out finance for popcorn supplies.

popcorncommode.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  37. mnql1 Member

Translation of an excerpt from a French article posted on Nov. 24, 2011 on the ouest-france.fr website:
    Amende de 1,5 million d’euros requise en appel contre la Scientologie parisienne
    • Like Like x 4
  38. Anonymous Member

Au revoir, petit secte du merde!
    • Like Like x 4
  39. But it'll be just in time for the 4th Channiversary...
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.