Customize

Freewinds Update... Big News and some very Angry Polish Workers

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Astra, Aug 27, 2008.

1. AnotherRIAnon Member

Re: Freewinds Update... Big News and some very Angry Polish Workers

gregg has the magic xbox hueg press contact list. PM him if you have any press releases you want to send out regarding the failwinds.

Also does anyone have the pdf of the Bonaire Reporter where the asbestos story was first posted? I goofed the floof and didn't save it in time before they took the issue down.
  2. squeak Member

Of course Scientology doesn't want to pay the contractors money, they're suppressive people. Scientologists are immune to asbestos affects (as well as, apparently, the harmful affects of smoking).

Now we just need some idiot Scientologist to put this belief on tape. Bring it up during the next protest?
  3. moose Member

if you're planning to send them a message, please post here what you did or PM me,
    because harpoons have already been send..
  4. MarcabEmpress Member

Boris K and RSK might be helpful too
  5. Outside-in Member

Polish trade unions are super powered. If Boris could send a well translated harpoon lutz would follow.
  6. incog712 Member

How does anybody lose 70 tons of blue asbestos? Just dumping it somewhere, say out at sea for example, could eventually shut down the beaches of an island like Curacao for decades and cost untold millions of dollars to clean up. It seems improbable that companies like Nordica or the Curacao Dry Dock would willingly open themselves up to that kind of liability. Someone has to know where it ended up.
  7. ManOnYous Member

Several months ago I read that the island's dump could have received some of it, perhaps unknowingly. The dump even has a website, which I found weird.

I think asbestos dumped in the ocean would rapidly get encrusted with microorganisms, and then bigger crud. I don't think it would go far up the food chain- instead just erode and dissolve into nothing. It's a mineral after all.
  8. Optimisticate Member

And it's on Google News thanks to shortnews!

Scientology Exposes Polish Workers to Deadly Carcinogen

Najcudowniejsza!!!!

(most wonderful!)

Please be sure to spread the good word, and say a few words to your chosen diety for the health of these 240 people.
  9. incog712 Member

It's definately worth investigating. I'm not an expert and have no idea what the law is in and around Curacao regarding disposal of asbestos, but I'm sure it's not something taken lightly.

Johns-Manville operated an asbestos shingle factory in northern Illiniois along the Lake Michigan shoreline up until the late 1980's. It's been a superfund clean-up site since the mid 90's and concentrations of asbestos can still be found along Illinois beaches as far south as central Chicago (about 40 miles distance). Concentrations have been especially high at Illinois Beach State Park, just south of the Superfund site.

Local, state and federal govt. agencies have been downplaying the risks all along, but more than 20 years after manufacturing operations ceased, it's still one heck of a problem.
  10. Anonynaise Member

Maybe it's like LRH stated regarding cigarettes and cancer... the best way to PREVENT mesothe. is to ingest as much asbestos as possible. Lick the walls, it's for your own good.

Rock it.
    :guyfawkes:
  11. avatar2008 Member

The fact there's 240 affected people from Poland, a "young" nation to democracy (1989) and to the EU itself (2004), the endangerment to their health is MSM material enough to start a snowball going all the way up to EU HQ itself. This issue is a national one, because if an American Firm can screw over 240 polish families and get away with this, then what recourse will the millions of polish foreign workers around the world when their employer realize they can screw over Polish workers with no legal/ethical/financial repercussion?

Because if the Church of Scientology and its members have no qualms sentencing 240 young polish men to their cancerous doom, what will happen to humanity itself should Scientology manage to "Clear the planet" and directly influence the laws of the land it controls?

Edit: This is not tinfoil hat, it is documented FACT. Scientology's agenda is NOT secret (not anymore). This criminal syndicate with fascists dreams of world domination must be stopped.
  12. felixanon Member

Um, yeah, NO!
    Asbestos doesn't get 'encrusted' with micro organisms, and it doesn't disolve. It's made up of microscopic little barbs that hook in and don't get removed in a hurry.
    Food chain wise in the ocean it's a fucking disater. Attached to plankton and micro organisms, which are in turn consumed by larger fish, sucked into gills, then drying out on rocks/beaches etc, then blowing inland and over beaches. Not much worse really.
    Read up on Wittenoom in Australia, it's no longer a town because of asbestos.
    The shit literally is cancer.

tl:dr Lurk Moar, Asbestos = bad shit
  13. mrfyde Member

Wow DM isn't going to have a country left to hide out in.
  14. basil Member

I'd say Zimbabwe is probably still open. He's got enough money, and would go quite well with Mugabe's style of leadership.
  15. Anon-007 Member

PMSL !!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  16. moose Member

According to the local government and a waste disposal company, it was dumped on a local disposal area and handled 'according to the agreement'. A local newspaper has confirmed this.
    (exact details are unknown to me).
  17. lanonymous Member

this reminded me of the video id seen when the freewinds news first came out. Found it here:

YouTube - Bonaire waste water

description text:
    While looking for this guy, I also found this channel

YouTube - telecuracao's Channel

**this just in** Found Sean Paton at another URL, as well. Looks like he would be a great contact down there.

Forum Antilles, your radio news program hosted by Sean Paton
  18. Re: Freewinds Update... Big News and some very Angry Polish Workers

Ah I sent Sean Patton the same the other day...he's taken some excellent vids of scilons paying to dump their shit (literally) and illegally inland on Bonaire..also sent info to sources in media on other ABC islands.
  19. Lacelotte Member

I'm sure a few of the BritAnons will be familiar with the american 'ghost ships' that are awaiting disposal in Hartlepool. Apparently full of asbestos and PCP's. Greenpeace and friends of the Earth have been having a field day with the story, especially since ABLE UK, the contractor intends to landfill the asbestos. May be worthwhile giving Greenpeace and Friend of the Earth a heads up as I'm sure they would like to hear about this.
  20. anonymous612 Member

...wait, what?
  21. muldrake Member

Failnews took it off.

22. Re: Freewinds Update... Big News and some very Angry Polish Workers

Bear in mind that it's 70 tons of asbestos-exposed or asbestos-covered material that's missing -- not "70 tons of 'asbestos." Astra didn't explicitly say this, but it makes more sense. They were ripping out the walls, carpets, furniture, wiring, etc. etc. etc., all of which was exposed to asbestos to some degree. They were not just ripping out asbestos per se, and putting it in a bin.
  23. auchraw Member

Not just hundreds of Polish workers at risk but anyone who happened to be downwind of 70 tons of asbestos dust. The whole population of Curacao, for starters and its tourists. And where is all this stuff now? Is this the so-called 'fibreglass' they were taking out and dumping on the quay?
  24. Optimisticate Member

Diving is popular with the locals and with tourists in Curacao. Any scubanons that could post intelligently to some diving forums? While I'm sure most of the population of the island knows about the scilon Boat of Death, it wouldn't hurt to underscore the fact that their island and the waters surrounding it is a dumping ground for potentially hundreds of tons of blue asbestos. Anonymous is good at information and informing.
  25. Re: Freewinds Update... Big News and some very Angry Polish Workers

Possible places where the asbestos contaminated materials could be dumped would be Venezuela or somewhere in the Caribbean Sea. The latter is less likely because many of those items would float. I would opt for it being shipped to Venezuela for burying in a landfill or incineration.
    The Nordica people may have details about the disposition of that stuff.
    SBZ
  26. me57 Member

this
  27. Anon-ymous Member

Epic footbullet for the cult, I hope the workers sue the cult for everything it has.
  28. avatar2008 Member

I'd rather the workers created international "front-page" dramu.
    i.e. pickets outside presidential palace.
  29. AnonOrange_ Member

Here's another way to get the failwinds shut down for good:

Start from this list:
    Freewinds Magazine Statistics

Click on each item and get the list of all the participants:
    Scientology Service Completions - Freewinds 54 [circa October 2004 ]

You'll end up with many thousands of names. Correlate with a database of names and addresses and you'll have a list of everybody that was on the failwinds.

Submit that list to a personal injury lawyer (those guys that advertise on late night TV) and convince them that there's huge money in filing a class action lawsuit on their behalf for known asbestos contamination by the church of scientology.

At a couple of million each, you could easily have a BILLION $$ lawsuit here. Lawyers typically take 30%, often more.
  30. Optimisticate Member

Holy crap.

That's all my brain can think of to say right now.

This = potentially HUGE WIN leading to the game being over.

Edit: Polish workers out of Florida working in Curacao. Where to file?
  31. AnonOrange_ Member

Actually (lately) there's over 1000 participants each year. 1000 X $ 1 million = 1 Billion.

But there's another angle to take, this time with the IRS. The trips to the Caribbean are paid as tax deductible "donations" to the church. Hmmm, so you made a chuch donation and you got a nice cruise in the Caribbeans ? DEDUCTION DENIED !!

But the nice thing is that they can use the million bucks from the lawsuit to pay their taxes and fines. Only DM loses !
  32. Re: Freewinds Update... Big News and some very Angry Polish Workers

The Poles are from Gdansk. Nordica has a base of operations there (in addition to Miami).

33. getbeckyout Member

Hi i interviewed an ot 8 guy called Richard Bromley outside the Manchester org in the UK at our July protest and anon gleeb stood behind him recording, i asked him twice about the blue asbestos as my daughter had been on the freewinds twice last year. Jan and July, once with him.
    He admits on the recording that there is blue asbestos on the ship but as he states its safe as its been painted on. (This has not been put on youtube as yet.
    My partner and i are on the UK radio channel this Thursday at 1pm 4th sept. BBC RADIO 2 THE JEREMY VINE SHOW. there is a phone in and the UK no is 0500288291. Our slot is 15 mins.:ffs:
    Good work Tony and Sue.
  34. kaos Member

OK, so don't we have any Anons in Poland?
  35. Re: Freewinds Update... Big News and some very Angry Polish Workers

Yeah, there's a few. PM'ing now. On the other hand, CoS doesn't have a Mission or an Org in Poland. I can live with that.
  36. prot Member

I'm here.
    Who do you think we should contact? apart from the Polish management of the company, for sure.
    I think I would need your help in drafting the harpoons (I'm quite short of time at the moment, exams...), I could translate and send them.

I haven't been able to find any more info on the company than you guys have already found...
  37. basil Member

Are the workers in any recognised Union? I'm quite sure they would be more than willing to take up the case of over 200 of their members exposed to deadly asbestos.