Customize

French documentary alleges Travolta was in a legal morass

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by mnql1, Apr 30, 2011.

1. mnql1 Member

Here is a link to a French documentary that first aired on Thurs. April 28, 2011. It describes how John Travolta and Tom Cruise are deeply involved in Scientology and it includes comments by Mark Bunker, Amy Scobee, Nancy Many, and Jay Fernandez of the Hollywood Reporter.

Perhaps the most suprising revelation comes from Nancy Many, president of the Celebrity Centre in the early 1980s, who explains that the key benefit John Travolta received from Scientology is that it got him out of legal trouble. At 6:19 in the video, she says, "He was in trouble with the law. He was about to be [inaudible] in a legal morass, and they used their lawyers and their private investigators to get him out of it. And then -- I don't want this public. Could you shut the camera for a second?" This segment was obviously not removed.

Program name: Tellement People Investigation
    Hollywood et la Scientologie
    Duration: 28 min. 15 sec.

EDIT#1: The documentary incorrectly displays a caption indicating that Nancy Many was "Director of the Celebrity Centre, 1978-1991". Chapter 11 of Nancy Many's book My Billion Year Contract does not give precise dates, but it seems to say that she was president of Celebrity Centre International in the 1980-1982 period. Chapter 12 says she was removed from that post and assigned to the RPF by the International Finance Police.

EDIT#2:
    On YouTube:
    Hollywood and Scientology
    in French with English subtitles

Hollywood and Scientology: Part 1

Hollywood and Scientology: Part 2
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Puppetmama Member

Subtitle gods, are you out there? Pretty please.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Puppetmama Member

I watched without subtitles. As I suspected, my french wasn't really up to it. The style is sensationalist but they manage to cover a lot of territory in half an hour. I'd still love subtitles if anyone is up to doing them.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. So maybe it wasn't stupidity that made him do Battlefield Earth...............
  5. mnql1 Member

The documentary incorrectly displays a caption indicating that Nancy Many was "Director of the Celebrity Centre, 1978-1991". Chapter 11 of Nancy Many's book My Billion Year Contract does not give precise dates, but it seems to say that she was president of Celebrity Centre International in the 1980-1982 period. Chapter 12 says she was removed from that post and assigned to the RPF by the International Finance Police.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sponge Member

Thanks mnql1. Here's a youtubed version of the OP report.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mitsu Too Member

Excellent documentary. Summarizes everything from the last couple of years quite nicely.
  8. Optimisticate Member

I wonder what the morass (n. a situation that traps, confuses, or impedes) is. It's something that is either still under the statute of limitations (contemplate what you wish from this, it's 30+ years) or it's something that (he feels) would truly ruin him. If lawyers were used, I wonder if anything was filed under their names and not his that might be on public record. It could probably be assumed who some of the PI's were considering the infamous ones scientolgy dealt with back then.
  9. mnql1 Member

On YouTube:
    Hollywood and Scientology
    in French with English subtitles

Hollywood and Scientology: Part 1

Hollywood and Scientology: Part 2

The text of the subtitles is available on OCMB:
    http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=398246#p398246

Download links:

Entire documentary in a single video:
    Tellement People Investigation 2011-04-28
    Size: 505,342 KB
    Duration: 28 m 15 s

Entire documentary in 2 parts:
    Tellement People Investigation 2011-04-28 Part 1.avi
    Size: 263,777 KB
    Duration: 14 m 42 s
    Tellement People Investigation 2011-04-28 Part 2.avi
    Size: 243,083 KB
    Duration: 13 m 36 s
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Anonymous Member

Thank you for the English Sub-Titles and the download options. Much appreciated!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. AnonyVix Member

Wow Mark Bunker speaking French (with English sub-titles) and with the accent too - is there no limit to the Wise Beard Man's abilities?

Excellent documentary, thanks for this.
  12. Anonymous Member

I don't have time to watch the videos right now, but is this another case of an ex alluding to something and then not following through with the whole story? Spit it out FFS!
  13. RightOn Member

can someone please copy and mirror in case they get yanked?
    I doubt they would want this story out there.
    sooooo.... wonder what Johnny did?
    can be possible that someone pressed charges against him for sexual harrassment?
    Sorry, I know it's tin foily, but I thought about it and if I had to guess what it could be, that would be my guess.
  14. Anonymous Member

Thank you for posting the documentary here, OP.
    good stuff.
  15. Anontacular Member

This is significant. Tip spotted, iceberg wanted.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. How did I miss this win?!? Good work folks!!
  17. Anonymous Member

Want to know more of this 'morass'.