Customize

French trial: the media

Discussion in 'Media' started by Olrik, May 25, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: CNN American Morning - Scientology Trial In France

Cool...almost a 4 minute segment.
    Making a vid that youtube will make look crappy as we speak
  2. Mutante Member

Re: French trial: the media

THIS

Scientology is 100% predictable in its use of mainstream media.

Chanology has never had such an opportunity before.
  3. DeathHamster Member

Scientology Policy Directive 13 March 1996: Return of Donations
    temp2k.jpg
    It looks like that statement by a staff member about refunds is void.
  4. basil Member

Never understood why "donations" are fixed price anyway. Surely a donation is optional and to the value of whatever the giver places upon it; otherwise it's a charge for a service?
  5. Consensus Member

Scientology will be pushing the 'we refund to anybody that's unhappy!' pr blitz heavy to defend against the case.

We need to make sure every journalist who hears that lie sees this document. I hope the lawyers in the case have a copy too, though I'd caution against wasting their precious time flooding them with copies.

EDIT- another talking point the CoS is pushing is that this case is 'just one person' (after having bought off or scared off the other plaintiffs). NOW is the time for ALL the exes (with their new-found confidence and security) to raise hell and make it clear that unsatisfied ex-scientologists are NOT a rarity.

edit2 - seriously, the more I think about this, the more Scientology wants us distracted right now. They're *EXTREMELY* vulnerable. All our work has led to this point - but the cart's almost to the top of the hill. Now is the time to push the hardest. We know how to defeat them. We've spent the last year studying them. We've leaked their documents, we've read their confidential materials, we've helped solidify the network of exes, and liberated a new wave. We have EXACTLY the right resources to hurt the cult the most right now.

Even if France *DOES* ban Scientology, that won't be the end of the battle. They're going to cry religious prosecution and play off on american hatred of france. They're going to go patriotic and say 'Freedom of Religion is what makes America great!' And if they somehow get the case dismissed, they'll parade that as vindication. We need to get planning NOW. We need to get this shit ready, we've got a HUGE strategic advantage and we're all sitting around watching the TUBE, hoping CNN will tell us about the battle when we ought to be flanking the enemy and planning the next steps.
  6. Anonymous Member

7. mnql1 Member

Scientology defendant Jean-François Valli had a hard time on the witness stand Tuesday.

Procès de la Scientologie : "Ils m’ont démolie. C’est de la manipulation mentale"
    Scientology trial: "They demolished me. It's mental manipulation."

Quick translation:

When asked about money and cost, Jean-François Valli is not comfortable. His hands on the dock, he stutters, stammers, has difficulty finding the right words. Seeing him struggle on May 26 before the Paris correctional tribunal in the trial that began the day before and will judge him and six other followers of the Church of Scientology on a charge of organized fraud, one wonders how this former "guidance counselor" could have, for ten years, helped "parishioners" achieve purification.

"Without money, can a person progress in Scientology?" insisted Olivier Morice, lawyer for the plaintiffs. "Uh... With Scientology, you acquire a better understanding of yourself and you are then able to progress in life and then have the means to reach the goal," stuttered the Scientologist who joined in 1989.

"But, for example, how does a person who earns the minimum wage go about this?" Nicolas Baïetto asked again on behalf of the public prosecutor. "I thought I already gave an answer. Scientology teaches how to understand life", was the elusive reply given by this disciple for whom the writings of Ron Hubbard are a substitute for currency.

[rest of article omitted; summarizes Aude-Claire Malton's May 26 testimony.]
  8. Anonymous Member

9. Anonymous Member

Should we set a designated French contact who can send documents to the court or the lawyers in case we have access to documents which prove that the Scientologists are lying? Would that have to wait until appeal?

A fixed donation is in fact a payment for services or goods rendered. If you go to tax court and try to call such payments a "donation", the court is not going to respect your fictional representation of reality.
  10. Anonymous Member

Thanks for that. It seems every couple months for the past year scn has some huge flap of some description, OSA's PR and legal divisions must be pissing themselves.
  11. Nataku Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCfhysbBwlk&fmt=18]YouTube - Scientology on trial in France - RTE news 26th May 2009[/ame]
  12. basil Member

13. Anonymous Member

Sweet.

Got my fingers crossed that France shuts the cult down.
  14. Mutante Member

It doesn't matter what the decision in France is now.

Mud has been thrown and it sticks when it's CNN mud.

LOL
  15. AnotherMrPink Member

I like how he says there are 45,000 Scientologists in France....really? 45,000? In the US its 25,000 so how does France have more? OH WAIT!!!

be awesome if prosecution asked them the number to show how they lie about everything....and fraud is more likely.....i still think this case will be a win for the scilons.
  16. Anonymous Member

What next steps?
    Srsly.
  17. Anonymous Member

Thanks for the video. Nice way to start my day.
  18. Anonymous Member

You know, just follow the plan!
  19. Mutante Member

Plan 2/c. Srsly.
  20. xenubarb Member

Ironically, after Mignon made that silly statement, two things happened.
    Kaja Ballo committed suicide after taking a Free Personality Test.
    And Frenchwoman Martine Boubil was rescued from a Sardinian residence after being held against her will by Scientologists subjecting her to the Introspection Rundown. Her dramatic rescue resulted after she wrote notes in lipstick and threw them out her window into the neighbor's garden. Police found her being held in squalor, and she is said to be intending to press charges.

Nope, no cult problems in France, nuh-uh.
  21. AnotherMrPink Member

I love the angle they took asking them on the stand about how someone progress' on minimum wage. Perfect! Anyone making any amount of money can be part of a religion. Even if its a tithe religion its still just a percentage of what they make, so 20% say of minimum wage....while Scientology still demands hundreds of thousands from someone that will never have the money to pay for it, but be constantly told they MUST have it to be saved....GENIUS PROSECUTION! Viva la Guillotine!
  22. Ogsonofgroo Member

Surely not these?

33453130586decf7fa52o.jpg

:D

Kk,ending derailure, carry on, nothing to see here...... :rolleyes: *whistles*
  23. FUCK Member

nice.
  24. Anonymous Member

let me meet a motherf***ing clear! lol
  25. Anonymous Member

Right, well... we all know 4/b/ was never good.
  26. anonymous1312 Member

Nice neutral reporting so far. Lets hope this continues and doesn't descend it to the evil French repression of religion kind of reporting you know the scilons will be aiming for.
  27. Anonymous Member

Which new article was it that originally had the interview with the French Scientologist where she claimed they offered full refunds?

I believe someone ought to acquire their email and forward this document...
  28. Vir Member

That was a paraphrase from the More4News video report.

By the way: Don't comment on the TimesOnline blog before you've read the other comments. Due to the moderation delay, there are some points which are getting repeated - which is boring.
  29. Anonymous Member

French mag - VSD - feature on the CoS May09

The first of the following articles appeared in a French weekly magazine, VSD, last week, and the other in VSD in February 2008. I've included links to the pdfs if you can't read the jpgs. Of course, for those of us who don't read french, we'll have to pray for translations to appear, or else just enjoy the pretty pics and imagine how epic the articles are.

3569794975_c611cef89f_b.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zlzncjymtwl

3570521094_5978b50625_b.jpg

3570521098_603cb66585_b.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gthiyndj5wi
  30. Ann O'Nymous Member

FTR the defense attorney, Me Morice is also the attorney of UNAFI, the national umbrella of cults victims deense associations. I am very confident that they have the relevant information, except perhaps the latest leaks.

But if you want to make sure, I guess that kind emails can be send to UNADFI.
  31. TinyDancer Member

Yeah, well here's the companion document to that one. Note the following clause:

3570731034_701d4b68dc_o.jpg

Page 2 just has the CSI signoff.

PDF here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=42fd39516a12b371d2db6fb9a8902bda
  32. CLOCKSHIT Member

Hey! The French story is on CNN today! Have a look two plaintiffs are still making the case while others have been paid off by Co$ to withdraw their cases.
  33. Olrik Member

Unfortunately the http://www.unadfi.org site has no contact email.
    Anyway you can be sure that the defense knows what's going on.
    Roger Gonnet is with them and he knows a great deal about the cult.
  34. Olrik Member

Re: French mag - VSD - feature on the CoS May09

Links are the same.
  35. iaxiloll Member

36. BlooAnon Member

37. Re: French trial: the media

Well, hello! Hey, media, if you wanted a good time to sink your fangs into Scientology, this is it.
  38. jensting Member

[From a.r.s. Rick Ross on France24 English TV about $cientology. Woohoooo!]

Bonjour!

A one-hour debate slot had a discussion about general issues about the
    interface between the criminal roganisation known as the "church" <spit> of
    $cientology and civil society in the form of the court trial underway.

Rick Ross was on the phone, a French politician Jacques Myard (who had
    served on several comissions on cult maytters), a sociologist from Aix en
    Privince and some random "Internet Activist" (who, if I'm lucky, will
    continue to be billed as "Jens Tingeff" ;-) ).

Eventually it probably will wind up here:

France 24 | The F24 Debate | France 24

Rick Ross was outstanding, the French politician was full of the spirit and
    would not let the sociologist derail the debate.

The "Internet Activist" said "Criminal organisation" once or twice,
    said "Organisation" the rest of the time and did manage to remember Judge
    Casey Hill versus the $cientology organisation (Yes, the $cientology
    organisation has criminal convictions) and tried to pay sufficient respect
    to the memory of Jett Travolta (the journalist had to mention the
    propaganda value of having celebrities being vocal about their successes in
    the Co$).

Jacques Myard held the line and nailed home the point that the court case
    (and the work of the government) was aimed at curtailing the criminal
    activities of organisations even of they call themselves "religions."

The sociologist was off topic. He would say (every time he got the word)
    that he agreed with putting criminals to trial, and then went on for as
    long as he was allowed about how it was not very nice that the French
    government had a list of cults, and how France was obsessed with
    distinguishing between "proper" religions and poor misunderstood NRMs who
    might have a few unhappy ex-members but several of which had no criminal
    convictions.

Rick Ross was the winner. Go, Rick!!

Best Regards

Jens
  39. Re: French trial: the media