Customize

From here to Scientology: Worldwide leader David Miscavige's Philly-area roots [Philly.com]

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Sponge Member

From here to Scientology: Worldwide leader David Miscavige's Philly-area roots
    BY JASON NARK
    Philadelphia Daily News
    3rd Jan 2012
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/136569098.html?viewAll=y
    As soon as I started reading the first couple of paragraphs I was thinking "oh no, they're pulling all the strings and here comes the puff to try and hide the Debbie Cook PR flap", but no, DM definitely won't like that article.
    The writer seems to have done some reasonable work on this

Comments are open and active.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. TinyDancer Member

His tiny fists.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. HellRazor Member

<3 Philadelphia
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HellRazor Member

and OSA is on the comments already.
  5. Triumph Member

nark.jpg
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204682226&amp;v=wall

pick a fight at the Super Bowl ...stay classy Midget boy

sent the link to Tony O ... he enjoys stuff like this

Scientology a quick glance
    Jan. 3, 2012, 3:01 AM
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/136569113.html
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sponge Member

Indeed.......
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Triumph Member

1000x500px-LL-92669ba8_bump.jpg

question
    how many convicted rapist serving a sentence In jail claim they are a victim of injustice?

answer
    EVERY ONE OF THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS!

inb4herrodefendsrapists
    • Like Like x 2
  8. subgenius Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pique Member

Delicious with my morning coffee. Only the 3rd and already the 2012 coverage is captivating!
    • Like Like x 2
  10. subgenius Member

2012 will be the end of the world........for Scientology.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. subgenius Member

• Like Like x 4
  12. Xenu Is Lord Member

Looks like the press has lost total fear of the cult. It would be nice if Scientology was a go to story. Nothing going on this week? Grab a Scientology story out of the bag and go with it!
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Budd Member

Win after win after win...
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Triumph Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Anonymous Member

Which one of his sisters killed herself??
  16. subgenius Member

Philadelphia/New Jersey area? Scientology gerrymandering.
  17. AnonLover Member

brb - happy dance!!!

and newsstand run at lunch!
    • Like Like x 2
  18. enthaeon Member

U jelly?

tumblr_lrh8kvVH8C1qjgpg9o1_500.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  19. subgenius Member

In Miscavige's honor they are going to re-name it "Fudgepacker Park".
    • Like Like x 5
  20. AnonLover Member

Dear unnamed lady's husband - DON'T DO IT! Fking run dude, RUN!!!

Dear Mr. Paul Elliot - /SALUTE - it's about damn time somebody filled in some details of Miscavige's past. Thank you sir, thank you so very much for taking the time to talk to the press.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. RightOn Member

"In spite of the church's large income and hundreds of buildings, Miscavige's quarters were modestly furnished, neat and comprised of just a few small rooms."
    HA HA HA HA HA HA oh that is a riot
    Too bad you couldn't post a picture of his Gold Base "Quarters" or his other "hacianda"

A great comment would be to include comments from former exs who spoke about his lavish life style. The food that was flown in, custom motorcycles and that souped up SUV of his,him being waited on hand fand oot, his custom made suits (we all know he can easily shop in the boys section of Sears) ect.....
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Sponge Member

A comment from a local....
    Ooo please do tell what you knew.
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Triumph Member

bump3.jpg

they wrote &quot;WHAT THE FUCK about Me!!!
  24. subgenius Member

This would dovetail nicely with the thread about getting DM's High School yearbook(s), and related stuff.
    • Like Like x 3
  25. RightOn Member

did DM ever deny he was a high school drop out btw?
  26. It's probably a badge of honor. "My education is 100% pure Hubbard!"
  27. RightOn Member

yeah I can imagine a "wog school was worthless" story
    • Like Like x 1
  28. AnonLover Member

@JasonNark (swoons) i temporarily have a new all consuming big teddy bear journo burning hunk of &lt;3 &lt;3 &lt;3 for the man who nailed this one so nicely for us.

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonNark

front.jpg

Ohhh my, sexy grizzly adams beard included! and nearly local (swoons)
    EDIT: whoops, scratch that. there's a ring.

19974-bigthumbnail.jpg

still &lt;3 it tho.
  29. AnonLover Member

This too...

Scientology: A quick glance

Nicely done Mr. Jason Nark. Well played albeit mighty short. We coulda sooo halped you with that. Or better yet, you shoulda hit Tony Ortega's recent VillageVoice piece at the end of it: What is Scientology?
  30. Anonymous Member

This is the best description of this incident that has appeared anywhere, so I wanted to reprint this excerpt here. Up to now, the only other account mentioned that the files were purged from local police files by PI Eugene Ingram. If we ask nicely, perhaps the reporter will share some of his dox and we can post pages from official records here online.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Sponge Member

Oh yeah, David Miscavige, Chairman of the Board of the tax-exempt RTC, is soooo frugal and modest when it comes to himself.....

Like this very modest luxury personal gym...

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/david-miscavige-tries-to-keep-up-with-tom-cruise/

gym3g.jpg

[IMG]

gym2z.jpg

a modest apartment in LA

dmshouse1.jpg

When COB is bored of slumming it in the modest L.Ron Hubbard mansion he pops over to his modest fortress next door (which I think is where his modest personal gym is) to have a modest wank over his and Tom Cruises modest motorbikes that the &quot;church&quot; paid to customize...modestly no doubt.

bikesatcultleaderpalace.jpg

Then maybe a modest trip to the MotoGP with pals Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and his personal assistant-cum-mistress......

tomandkatiesachatrack.jpg
    dmtcmotogp.jpg

Oh and don't forget how nice it was for the &quot;church&quot; to help out with COB's little virus Vyrus problem....

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/the-david-miscavige-vyrus-virus/
    [IMG]

dmbikevyrus200111.jpg

Wanker

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 9
  32. AnonLover Member

^^This. But we're likely asking for too much. But if by chance Jason wants to do another Scientology local interest slam dunk, might i suggest he look into the philly Scientology "Ideal Org" building that was just sittin vacant last times i seen it in late 2010, and spring 2011.

Philadelphia Ideal Org (Pennsylvania Cunningham Building purchased for $7.85 million) - forgotten about in their international global salespitch spiel of almighty ideal org expansion. In Miscavige's hometown. Highlight this bucket of fail and make the cult hemorrage ca$h Jason, c'mon man... it's time! We'll bring the popcorn.

Warning: scilon link - proxy up or googlecache it liek i did
    http://www.philadelphiaideal.org/goal.html