Customize

FUN FACTS ABOUT ORDINANCE NO. 884

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Resistance Is Futile, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Re: FUN FACTS ABOUT ORDINANCE NO. 884

This is an attempt at distraction, it is I assume part of cult training, I've certainly heard it tried before. They try to move the discussion into a safe or technical or trivial area that will cause the audience to get bored and lose interest.

The 'dining room' ploy is trying to pull the debate towards what is or is not a residence and away from 'targeted', the word that makes the entire Ordinance pointless. If protesters are not targeting a specific building then the Ordinance does not apply. To be safe, they also should not target individuals that are or might be present.

Don't get distracted folks.
  2. rummychick99 Member

Re: FUN FACTS ABOUT ORDINANCE NO. 884

I disagree with you for this reason. There were private discussions about the dining hall with the attorney for the City. I think they are really trying to get the dining hall identified as a residence. They were also trying to hammer in that people going to and from this "residence" should be protected from the speech.

It was an attempt to get as broad of an ordinance as possible to get the protesters out of there. Remember, they want protesters 500 feet away.

That said, you are right about that technique. It is just in this case, I think they really want the dining hall deemed a residence.
  3. subgenius Member

As many people who can, should go.
    If anyone doesn't know what to say or how to say it, just print out some of the posts here, and read them into the record. Time it beforehand to make sure you take up your full 3 minutes.
  4. restim Member

I disagree with both of you. I think the culties would be happy to see the dining hall included in the ordinance, but their main goal is that an ordinance -any ordinance - restricting picketing is passed.

Then, all risk lies with the protesters, regardless of what the ordinance says.

Once a protester is charged with violation, everything moves to a whole new stage. The Board of Supervisors and County Counsel are no longer participants.

Prosecution is handled by the Rivercide County DA's office, the same office which spear-headed the 2007 extradition of Keith Henson from Arizona so that he could spend almost six months in an overcrowded jail, serving a sentence for a five or six year old misdemeanor conviction.

As you know, Henson's conviction was a direct result of his picketing Gold Base. During his trial, the corrupt/incompetent judge forbade Henson's defense from mentioning scientology at all, nor could he mention his reasons for picketing.

Graham has written about this. It's kind of tl;dr, but it does provide useful history.

The appellant's opening brief for Henson's appeal is also worth a read for an insider's look into the workings of the Rivercide County "justice" system.
  5. Re: FUN FACTS ABOUT ORDINANCE NO. 884

...then go anyway and cede your three minutes to Glib or Lirra or Graham or any one of the eloquent speakers who will be attending who know what to say and how to say it.

Those of you who live beyond the boundaries of Riverside County may think the passage of this ordinance won't effect you, but it will. For as hard as they are touting the San Diego ordinance as good reason to pass 884, they will use 884 as good reason to pass an identical ordinance in your county. Trust me. LA and Florida are next. The passage of this ordinance will set a precedent that could ultimately effect millions of American citizens and their right to protest the abuses of Scientology.
  6. PimpXenu Member

Well...the whole ordinance is an attempt at distraction really. But i do think they basically want the exclusive power to decide what constitutes as a residential property on their property. That way, they can call whatever they want a residence, and must stay 30 feet away, out in the middle of the road, or whatever.

Now...the interesting thing a lot of people mention is that if the protestors arent targeting a specific residence (which they never do aside from maybe carrying a david miscarriage sign), then none of this applies. That supervisor Bob himself has asked many times basically "Ok...so if this really doesnt affect the protests at all...why are we even passing it?".

At first they tried to say there was evidence of hate crimes and all that, well nobody really fell for that. Now, despite admitting early on this bill was brought forth solely for the purpose of the gold base scientology protests, Stone's story now is that this ordinance has nothing whatsoever to do with the scientology protests and will not affect them.

Ok...thats fine i guess, but then why were two protestors immediatly arrested after the council meeting when they went out to there? Why did the officers there say basically the opposite of what everyone on the board said?

Well...thats the problem. The supervisors really have no idea what the ordinance does, or is for. The police dont either. The protestors sure dont. It's all open to the interpretation of the scifags.
  7. muldrake Member

Nonsense. This ordinance, combined with the other laws, is so vague that you can be arrested *anywhere* for doing *anything*, and in fact, Mark Bunker was recently arrested for doing goddamn nothing at all.

It is all very well and good for you to sit there in England and tell people this ordinance doesn't apply to them, but anyone who has actually tried to picket there can tell you otherwise.
  8. basil Member

As a fellow Brit... there's one thing you can now fuck with the scifags over - the sprinklers.

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | California in drought emergency

Let them try and justify wasting water during daylight hours sprinking a flower bed (and the road) when it's really just a way to try and stop anons standing there.
  9. PimpXenu Member

I'd imagine with a compound that size, they'd have their own private well. but worth looking into i guess.
  10. diesel1967 Member

Bump for importance. Douchebag Stone & Pamela Wells keep saying Ordinance 884 is the same as San Diego Ordinance 9452 when the actual wording of each ordinance belies there claims. See Section 4 in particular.

I hope someone can bring this up at the meeting today.
  11. pacora Member

Hello there...

If anyone is going tomorrow but will not speak, please consider donating your three minutes...I could really use them.
  12. nightfire Member

Will someone please do the comparison between the two ordinances.. the San Diego one (that has LOTS of details) and this one that is VERY vegue.

Also, would someone PLEASE ask why the "mormon bishops" aren't there talking, and why LDS Church lawyers are not being involved?

please someone ask the VERY important question of,"If I wanted to do a targeted picket of the Sea Org Birthing, would I be allowed to, and WHERE would I be allowed to. And keep asking till you get answers...real answers.
  13. subgenius Member

No U.
    But I do smell something in the air, and it ain't pussy.
  14. TinyDancer Member

Now that citations have been issued and charges laid, it must be time for some sub poenas to issue against the Riverside County staff to make them produce some maps and survey data showing the property lines, the right of way/easements, title to the land beside the highway and the relationship of the fence line to the right of way/easement.