Customize

GAK Project - stalk me and spoof a call from my home # on Christmas

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by Briana_Anon, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Briana_Anon Member

Hi,

I've been out for about a decade. During 3 periods of time over that time I'd been contacted the Golden Age of Knowledge project, given the big sales pitch for new materials. Recently a few of them have been harrassing to buy $3,500 of books and CD's. I said no, then they get obesessive, sometimes calling me from a variety of numbers with area codes all over the country (USA) as often as every 5 minutes !!!!, plus multiple emails and texts every day. 3 recently contained threats of sending people to me home. One even said I'm an asshole if I don't talk to them, and I would DIE if I continued to not talk to them.

Then yesterday, during Christmas dinner, I get a call on my cell phone from home number.... we are all at dinner ... so i was a bit concerned .... turned out it was "Anita" from the GAK project wanting to ask me some lead in question into a sales pitch. I hung up after lightly chewing her out for calling me on christmas. I wasn't sure if it might have been my cell phone malfunctioning in some way. I check cell company call logs on line last night.... they show the call originated from my home number. this leaves 2 possibilities .... they spoofed up the originating number .... most likely ... and although I have no other evidence of this at this point.... the other logical possibility is they broke into my home and called from here.

This is kind of extreme behavior for selling me books. I don't think I have been declared, how would I know if I was?

BF
    • Like Like x 1
  2. another123 Member

You may want to read this:
    Congress outlaws all Caller ID spoofing (VoIP too)
    What you'd do or who you'd contact, I'm not really sure.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Briana_Anon Member

Awesome! Thanks so much!
  4. Anonymous Member

No, it still isn't law it seems. Spooftel accounts are still active, even have iPhone apps. Any orgs want more pizza?
  5. Anonymous Member

Calling on Xmas day to flog their cancer?

Yep, that's the most ethical people on the planet.

Shows just how desperate they are, which is good news. I have a feeling 2012 will be bringing much cult activity for us to laugh at.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Xenu Is Lord Member

In humble opinion you need to file a police report and a complaint with the FCC. Obtain report numbers and the next time they call tell them to grab a pen because you got some important information, then give them the report numbers. That should take care of it.

Also change your voicemail to inform all callers that you are being harassed by Scientology sales person and that the message serves as a notice they are not welcome to call again or leave a message or to prompt a third person to call you. Keep a copy of your voice mail recorded to a separate location should you need it in court.

Document everything, photos of the caller ID, times of calls, phone records Etc.

Last but not least, consult a lawyer for advice. I suspect they can send aCD letter to them.

With those things you are on good grounds to force them to stop calling.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. incog712 Member

After a few bumps along the way, the bill was signed into law in December 2010.

FCC provides info, including how to file a complaint, etc here...

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/caller-id-and-spoofing

$10,000 per infraction. Not so good for stats tiem.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Anonymous Member

Be sure to let us know what excuse the FCC gives you for not enforcing their regs against Scientology.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

So, you can still send pizza via Spooftel as long as nothing of value is lost.
  10. Zhent Member

There are a lot of good 'success stories' on ESMB about methods of getting them to stop calling if you want to go have a search there.

A good start would be to start recording your calls, or at least pretending you are recording them (indicate at the start of a conversation the call is being recorded). That should be legal in most places, though you should check with someone more law savvy.
  11. Anonymous Member

Good advice. Record and document. Always.

In some parts of the world, it is completely legal to surreptitiously record a conversation if the person making the recording is part of the conversation. In other parts of the world, this is not the legal case.

Some parts of the world have laws, such as the one Zhent suggested, that compel the person making the recording to inform the other party or parties that the conversation is being recorded.

If someone plans to start recording telephone or regular, face-to-face conversations, best practice is to learn what the legal situation is in the locale that you are operating in.