Customize

Gary Lerner has left the Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Kha Khan Member

Gary Lerner has left the Church of Scientology

Gary Lerner (Original OT7, OT8, KTL, PDC) has left the official Church of Scientology. He is now an Independent Scientologist. [KTL = Key to Life Course. PDC = Philadelphia Doctorate Course]

From a comment on Marty's blog:
    ESMB Thread: Gary Lerner has left the Church of Scientology

/
  2. JohnnyRUClear Member

Re: Gary Lerner has left the Church of Scientology

The MahtyZone snowball keeps building.

Spring thaw can't come soon enough for me. :)
  3. Kha Khan Member

I respectfully disagree. As I've said before (and will undoubtedly say again is sufficiently provoked :)), for a number of what I believe to be rational reasons I think it is better for somebody to be an Independent Scientologist than an "official" Church of Scientology Scientologist. I won't repeat them now.

What I will say now is that I'm rather enjoying this. :) I think it drives DM, OSA and the COS nuts. [And how bad can that be? :)] Particularly because a lot of the people who are leaving the COS to become Independant Scientologists are high level, long term Scientologists who are opinion leaders and who contributed a lot of money to the COS.

You can also see from reading Gary Lerner's quoted comment and subsequent comments that this is a HUGE step for him. A very big, frightening step for him to take, and you can sense the weight coming off of his shoulders. To tell you the truth, I'm rather happy for him. He feels less frightened and oppressed today than he did yesterday.

Not many, indeed in my experience very few, "ex" Scientologists experience satori -- a sudden burst of enlightenment. For most the process is much more gradual.

/
  4. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Hehe, I'm amused by this part

Postulate him gone! Use your OT powers! Raaaawwwwr!
  5. Kha Khan Member

I saw that also, but my reaction was a bit different. I thought that instead of trying to "postulate" DM away, Gary might actually make some effort and put in some work to take down DM and current management.

I know, I know, call me crazy. :)

/
  6. Legion Member

So many coming out of the woodwork... DM and his cronies must be shitting diarrea out their nose by now. Regardless as Kha said... it's better them out as independants than in the church of miscavige. I see it as freezone V1.2. Kudos to them, as long as they don't shit all over the place like miscarriage.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

You disagreed with an inference I wasn't trying to imply. We've gone round this mulberry bush already. Of course they're better off in the Mahtyzone than in the Daveyzone -- and the world is better off with them there. What I meant was, I can't wait until the whole thing melts away and these folks rejoin the human race. Hubbard has kept them hypnotized long enough.

This stage is probably inevitable. It just still hurts my brain to watch them all remain so mutually misled.

Gary running the ashtray drill on McSavage:

"STAND UP! ... I SAID STA--oh, right, sorry."
  8. AnonyVix Member

Well he does start using an interesting metaphor, "I've pulled the trigger".
  9. Anonymous Member

Well, to steal an argument from Bertie Russell: Once the Reformation in Europe was a fact, suddenly people had to start thinking for themselves again, rather than having the Church do it for them. Not much, but at least enough to decide which Church they wanted to be a member of.

And that ended up setting off the whole Renaissance, and eventually the Enlightenment.
  10. Anonymous Member

Even if he is becoming a zoner, this still means a breakup of the cult in progress. Zoners are congregating in more than just marty's camp. There are several other groups too and some just have decided to do it on their own. They have the books and the meter and the experience (20+ years in many cases). They know more than Miscavige himself about it, they can go it alone.

This stuff is too wacky to really survive in the world of the internet, where anything can be questioned. These people can zone out all they want, but when they die or quit, few will replace them. As the main cult fails financially and people start carrying out boxes of dox for the feds and media during the end panic to get immunity from prosecution or just to finally expose what they have been afraid to say for so long, news agencies will be spreading horror stories you can't even imagine and incitements will be coming down like nuclear fallout.

There will be few zoners left at this point, and little else more. People in general will not want to touch it with a 10 meter cattleprod after all the trials and horror stories get done making the rounds. I don't think there will be a scientology left at all by 2020 except as a curiosity for study by students of sociology and psychology and maybe criminal law for the trials and the fallout of it's collapse.
  11. RightOn Member

Ah yes OTater is out.
    He is 1109 on the list now.
    Keep em' coming!
  12. Re: Gary Lerner has left the Church of Scientology

I am under the delusion that the truth will win the day and don't pretend to yet to know what that truth is. When people can live in peace to do their thing and not harm others, it is usually a good indication.
  13. kissyfur Member

oh i'm sure they'll Lerner sooner or later, amirite?

:shame: