Customize

Gawker - Travolta claims extortion

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Oinkertron9000, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Gawker - Travolta claims extortion

Extortion: Travoltas Claim Extortion
  2. tazor Member

Re: Gawker - Travolta claims extortion

Interesting. Wonder if the Travolta's are afraid these guys will spill the beans so attacked them first?
  3. LRonAnon Member

If they wanted millions they would have used the traditional "Mexican Federaly" ploy.

• Arrest on charges.
    • Bribe for "legal understandings"
  4. anonandsuch Member

Right, let me guess the 'false claims' were that his son had a seizure disorder, most likely epilepsy related to autism, and could have been saved if john'd gotten off his brainwashed ass and actually taken him in for treatment, thusly making it negligent homicide...
  5. coskilla Member

who cares the world knows except travolta that the Co$ policies killed his kid. which is sad
  6. Anonynamefag Member

Oh lawd, is dat sum "always attack, never defend"?
  7. Re: Gawker - Travolta claims extortion

This is relevant to my interests
  8. TheBitch Member

Heh, too soon to pronounce complete and abject victory eh? Apparently $cilontololligy thinks it's easier to sue and get away with it in the Bahamas. Nao all we haz to do is figure out which officials they've bribed to get away with such shit.

ay2beb.jpg
  9. cowboyanon2 Member

msnbc has story on it now..

the world does not know that travolta's were negligent with Jett..

only informed people do.. thats like .0001% lol
  10. cowboyanon2 Member

and who the hell is Eli???? and where is he hiding...
  11. AnonLover Member

is this the best travoltas could do to get their out-ethics in for the PTS they caused over the public scilon world finding out they gave kid pysche drugs? puleeeeeze.... i'd a thought they'd come up with something better than ye olde blackmail allegation for pity bawwwlfest.
  12. cowboyanon2 Member

problem is not that he gave his kid psyche meds.. problem is he stopped giving his kid the meds several years ago... and replaced them with nothing..
  13. Re: Gawker - Travolta claims extortion

OJ WAS THE REAL KILLER!
  14. j0eg0d Member

The only "false claims" allegations I've recalled were about the TIME OF DEATH and the 10 hours Jett Travolta laid on the bathroom floor.
  15. anonymous1312 Member

What are the false claims meant to be?
  16. Re: Gawker - Travolta claims extortion

"Lawyers for John Travolta and Kelly Preston claim officials in the Bahamas tried to extort millions from the celebrity couple with "false claims" about the tragic but controversial death of their teenage son Jett."

TRANSLATION:"when we tried to pay them off for the cover up, they asked for more money then we had with us."
  17. blank Member

^THIS
  18. mojo Member

i'm so sick of this -- phantom death threats, extortion, i'm a victim cause i'm a scilontoligist...okay travolta, prove it or shut it.
  19. blah Member

"always attack, never defend"
  20. auchraw Member

The more allegations they make, the more everyone will be aware that there could be something to cover up. And this is a big allegation. Yes I remember David Hans Schmidt, a cheerful positive guy who committed $ciuicide.
  21. NotBobMinton Member

The Travoltas doth protest too much.
  22. RightOn Member

^^^^^^^^
    This....
    Wasn't the funeral home guy fired because he suppobly released information without permission to the media? I think what what contreversial was the he said the "body was in good shape" I think that is what the problem with his statement was.

Supposbly Jett had a huge bump (hematoma) on his forehead and then it was said there was NO head trauma. So something smells rotten. (well the entire ordeal)
    I think this is going to blow open soon.

Why would they "fake" the funeral procession on the way to the airport while in the mean time cremating his body back at Riverside? Where they afraid that the photographers were going to take pictures of the casket? (which they did) But Jett was not inside the casket, so what the hell was the difference anyways? I think they wanted to buy time and get him cremated ASAP. So while everyone was busy folllowing the casket to the airport, it bought them more time to cremate the body more quickly. No room for any questions on the autopsy or for any more to be ordered. And thats another thing, that autopsy report?? Its loaded with fail.

They also may be charging extortion so that they scare off any other people who try to mess with them????

And again , what is taking to long with the questioning of the nannies? Where and who is Eli? Why wasn't anyone at the hotel questioned? since the Travoltas were very well known there.

If this child was the child of an unfamous couple ,this would have been investigated out the ying yang. I hope it is forth coming, as there is WAY too many unanswered questions. And the Travoltas should be held responsible for covering up. And them suing people for extortion is a VERY bad move on their part, I think. Why piss the peole off who hold the truth in their hands? Dumb ass Travoltas. They will do ANYTHING to save face. DISCUSTING!

Some canary is going to sing soon, that is my guess.
  23. Kilia Member

It's funny I haven't read anywhere else about this. Seems like other celebrity news would take this up too, no?
  24. cowboyanon2 Member

The media is scared to death of this story.. its kinda sad..
  25. Optimisticate Member

Gawker is not afraid. Never has been, never will be.

However, they've actively chosen to ignore a few things brought to their attention recently and chose to put this up instead.

They're taking the high road by not being afraid of threatened pretend litigation, but only where celebs are concerned. Non-celeb scientologists can't seem to get gawker's attention.
  26. azonymous Member

Sounds like somebody got pictures...
    Or maybe they were pictures that were ordered destroyed when the lawyers arrived to handle this, and one (or ?) was held back

Pics are good...

Extortion threats made against Travolta family after Jett's death > Entertainment > LIVENEWS.com.au

and

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1454825.php/John_Travolta_extortion_threat

These articles are almost word for word, but have the added piece about pics that wasn't there yesterday.

Where do they get their news?
  27. Re: Gawker - Travolta claims extortion

An autopsy photo with a clear abrasion/contusion to the head perhaps?

But "trying to make public"? What is that bollocks? upload to a dozen free imaging sites, spread around a few sites, and it would be all over the net within an hour or two. Someone wants cash for it, or it does not exist.
  28. mojo Member

the quick autopsy (hmmph) and following cremation is a CYA move if there ever was one.

in light of today's nytimes story.....it's a good thing there won't be any forensic proof of their neglect i guess. one does wonder if they took legal advice on how to deal with the legal aspects of their son's death. i'd love to see a phone dump on all their phones. extortion...yeah, sure.

Trials for Parents Who Chose Faith Over Medicine
  29. subgenius Member

Pre-emptive strike: some shit's gonna hit the fan and they will say "This is what we were talking about."
    Trying to poison the well.
    This will not end well.
  30. azonymous Member

So extortion/blackmail, how does that work with So$?

I'm thinking something like this...

unpalatable incident occurs
    incident handled
    opposing information (some might call truth) surfaces
    Co$ offers hush $$$
    $$$ accepted or refused
    if Refused - Co$ screams "Extortion"/silences those with info (they have accidents, commit suicide)

???
  31. cowboyanon2 Member

http://www.bahamasb2b.com/news/story.php?title=mp-aware-of-travolta-extortion-attempt-in-bahamas

-----------------------
    West End and Bimini MP Obie Wilchcombe told The Tribune that he is aware of at least one extortion attempt in connection with the death of actor John Travolta's son in Grand Bahama.

Meanwhile, lawyers for the Travolta family released a statement to a Florida newspaper, The Times-Union, that said the Travoltas will not tolerate any form of extortion.

Mr Wilchcombe, a former tourism minister and a friend of the Travolta family, said he was made aware of the incident early last week by a trusted source and immediately brought it to the attention of lawyers for the Travolta family.

"There was an incident that was brought to my attention that I subsequently alerted the Travolta's lawyers to (because) it is reprehensible that someone would think to benefit from a gentleman who's grieving," he said yesterday. "So I spoke with (Travolta's) lawyers (who) have subsequently spoken to individuals in Grand Bahama and that's as far as I know - I think the matter is being handled by respective lawyers."

The reported extortion attempt is said to involve an individual - reportedly a health care worker - trying to sell sensitive information or photos to international media agencies. Earlier in the week, it was reported that two individuals - one allegedly a politician - were involved in an extortion attempt of the Travolta family.

Mr Wilchcombe, who said he had not heard any claims of a politician being involved, said the incident puts a blight on the country and undermines how Grand Bahama rallied to support the Travolta family during their time of bereavement.

"I just think it's so terrible - our country was heralded for doing so well - and then for a single individual to seek to capitalise on the death of someone's son, that's despicable, criminal and unacceptable," he said, adding that he would welcome any legal action by the Travolta family against the individual in question.

Yesterday, The Times-Union reported that the actor's Jacksonville-based attorneys, Michael Ossi and Howard Butler, released a statement which read in part: "Regrettably in a time of such terrible grief there are often a few individuals who attempt to make false claims in hopes of making millions of dollars. We will never let that happen".

Messages left for the Travolta's lawyer were not returned up to press time.

Police in Grand Bahama and New Providence said they had not received any official complaint regarding extortion attempts.

The Travolta family is said to be "coping" and "strengthening themselves", according to Mr Wilchcombe who hopes the family will continue their relationship with the Bahamas.

Their 16-year-old son, Jett, died on January 2 at the family's vacation home in Grand Bahama. He was found unconscious on the floor of a bathroom of his family's home. Although he suffered from Kawasaki Syndrome - an illness that leads to inflamed blood vessels in young children- a seizure was listed in the autopsy report as the cause of death.

Source: The Tribune
    ---------------
  32. mojo Member

other than that practised by their so-called church.
  33. fitch2000 Member

http://www.bahamasb2b.com/news/story.php?title=mp-aware-of-travolta-extortion-attempt-in-bahamas

-----------------------

"Mr Wilchcombe, a former tourism minister and a friend of the Travolta family, said he was made aware of the incident early last week by a trusted source and immediately brought it to the attention of lawyers for the Travolta family."

this guy was there with them on vacation correct? info on him? scilon?

"Police in Grand Bahama and New Providence said they had not received any official complaint regarding extortion attempts."

So the travolta's contacted their lawyers but not the police? does that make sense to anyone?

"Their 16-year-old son, Jett, died on January 2 at the family's vacation home in Grand Bahama. He was found unconscious on the floor of a bathroom of his family's home. Although he suffered from Kawasaki Syndrome - an illness that leads to inflamed blood vessels in young children- a seizure was listed in the autopsy report as the cause of death."

and NO MENTION OF AUTISM, and NO MENTION OF NO TREATMENT FOR HIS AUTISM, could that be the reason for this? are they trying to "handle" the you didn't treat your son properly criticism here?
  34. azonymous Member

This extortion is reported to be a photo of Jett.
    First info of Jett was that he hit his head, there was blood, etc.
    That info was washed
    The person that said that was fired
    (Someone else was fired also that spoke to press)
    Official death report says "seizure" but mentions no trauma, says body looked perfect
    This could be a photo that shows it was not the seizure, but the resulting trauma from the fall that caused death
    This could easily show negligence
    unmedicated seizure caused fall, caused injury, caused death
    being unattended by properly trained medical assistant contributed to death

DID NOT TREAT PROPERLY -- Fallout - sh*tstorm
    Co$ disapproved of medicating (he was only a "degraded being" after all)
    the "manny" was not an appropriately trained caregiver but WAS Co$

The Bahamas is corrupt as F
    The evidence is in the Bahamas (photo(s), witness(es), mannies (ELI??)
    Is Anonymous in the Bahamas??
  35. subgenius Member

NO.
    Wild guess: health care worker who knew of untreated seizures was going to report, and they unsuccessfully tried to buy he(r) off. Now they turn it around to say (s)he was extorting them.
    But you are absolutely right that not reporting it to the police is suspicious, and as Gawker points out when someone threatens to disclose false information you simply deny and refute it. Extortion works with trufax.
    Either way you report it to the police.
    This should be huge.
  36. BTANONNYC Member

this is very interesting, and i hope whoever this person is does the right thing and comes forth, because if it is information that leads to general knowledge and or/reporting of insufficient or even Scientology-only healthcare for jett, this could be the catalyst that sets of a firestorm, and the CoS could finally be exposed to the public.

the media just has to get it's head out of it's ass and do it's job, no matter the consequences.

that's we did, show CSI that they are not feared.

but that's a big if...
  37. azonymous Member

38. RightOn Member

39. mojo Member

what is the legal position on this? sure it's tasteless, and Jett was a minor. anyone have any idea what the legal implications would be for the person with the photo if it somehow made it to the press?