Customize

Gentlemen -Tommy Davis and Our Response

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by LRonAnon, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Anon3Mouse Member

Re: Gentlemen -Tommy Davis and Our Response

David The Dwarf has only done one TV interview, ever. He refuses to do any more considering he came off as a douche against Koppel.

Also, srsly, read the thread first and THEN post. (The polite way of saying Lurk Moar)
  2. LAW Member

awesome sauce
  3. Anonymous Member

Tommy just can't / won't / is under orders not to STFU.

Scientology ‘in denial’ of illness, says Travolta’s mentor - Times Online

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Tommy Davis, son of the Scientologist actress Anne Archer and head of the church’s Celebrity Center in Los Angeles, challenged Christman’s claims.

“I personally know two Scientologists who suffer from epilepsy who take some drugs to treat it, because although it may have a neurological aspect it is also a physical medical condition. And we insist that all people coming into the church have a thorough checkup by their own doctors before they join us. We do not have any policy on conditions like autism, either way. Our questions about psychiatric treatments are well known, but there is no conflict between taking drugs for physical conditions and progress through the church.”
  4. TheBitch Member

Tommy just can't / won't / is under orders not to STFU.

Scientology ‘in denial’ of illness, says Travolta’s mentor - Times Online

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Tommy Davis, son of the Scientologist actress Anne Archer and head of the church’s Celebrity Center in Los Angeles, challenged Christman’s claims.

“I personally know two Scientologists who suffer from epilepsy who take some drugs to treat it, because although it may have a neurological aspect it is also a physical medical condition. And we insist that all people coming into the church have a thorough checkup by their own doctors before they join us. We do not have any policy on conditions like autism, either way. Our questions about psychiatric treatments are well known, but there is no conflict between taking drugs for physical conditions and progress through the church.”
  5. subgenius Member

And they have no one better. No. One. Better.
    Hear me now and think about it later.
  6. LAW Member

so now that someone prominent enough in the general American news media has died in the same manner as hundreds of other members, the cult is reinterpreting what it has been advocating since its conception in the 50s?
  7. Mutante Member

It's a fail defence for Tommy to talk about reinterpretation of Scientology policy etc.

1) It's too complicated as a defensive argument for tv audiences.
    2) It's too complicated as a defensive argument for tv audiences.
    3) It's a lie anyway.

Is that the best they can do? Really?
  8. LAW Member

i don't think he actually openly stated that they were reinterpreting the text, but for those that have read or heard interviews with former members speaking about the policies and viewpoints of the church on certain illnesses, the Davis interviews certainly elude to them putting a new spin on old "tech" to quell a media storm of investigations.

essentially, now that the public at large has a potential reason to look a little more closely at the policies held by this group, they are frantically scurrying to try and put a lid on story and start denying what rumor and innuendo have started saying before the rumors become official allegations.

Jett (may he find rest) was cremated with no autopsy having been preformed, which means it will never really be known what the true story is. im not sure if an autopsy would have stated conclusively if he was in fact autistic or not (certainly not if the doctor was a cult member)

if a cult member dies because of what they teach, sweep it under the rug, and badger the family that is calling for investigations. if a celebrity member dies from it, don't give a reason for an investigation and begin a spin campaign as soon as possible. that's probably a paraphrase of a cult memorandum somewhere.
  9. Anonynamefag Member

Oh, Tommy! You're giving us gold. Seriously.

Scientology's Introspection Rundown Release Contract

I think we should remind Tommy what they really have to do before coming into the organization.
  10. exOT8Michael Member

Tommy is also violating sacred Hubbard gospel by talking to reporters, so you can call him a "squirrel" (a very bad term in Scientology, approx equivalent to marblecake or LE on here).

This thread... http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/scientology-spokesholes-media-36123/
    PLUS
    This is about the degarded beings point: (quoted for illustration)

"Degraded beings are about 18 to 1 over Big Beings in the human
    race (minimum ratio)." -- L. Ron Hubbard (HCOB 22 Mar 1967)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
    Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex

HCO BULLETIN OF 22 MARCH 1967
    Remimeo
    Level 0
    IMPORTANT
    ADMIN KNOW-HOW
    ALTER-IS AND DEGRADED BEINGS

Alteration of orders and tech is worse than non-compliance.

Alter-is is a covert avoidance of an order. Although it is
    apparently often brought about by non-comprehension, the
    non-comprehension itself and failure to mention it, is an avoidance of
    orders.

Very degraded beings alter-is. Degraded ones refuse to comply
    without mentioning it. Beings in fair condition try to comply but
    remark their troubles to get help: when needed. Competent higher
    toned beings understand orders and comply if possible but mainly do
    their jobs without needing lots of special orders.

Degraded beings find any instruction painful as they have been
    painfully indoctrinated with violent measures in the past. They
    therefore alter-is any order or don't comply.

Thus in auditing pcs or in org, where you find alter-is (covert
    non-compliance) and non-compliance, given sensible and correct tech or
    instructions, you are dealing with a degraded low level being and
    should act accordingly.

One uses very simple low level processes on a degraded being,
    gently.

In admin, orgs and especially the Tech Div where a staff member
    alter-ises, or fails to comply you are also dealing with a degraded
    being but one who is too much a pc to be a staff member. He cannot be
    at cause and staff members must be at cause. So he or she should not
    be on staff.

This is a primary senior datum regulating all handling of pcs and
    staff members.

A degraded being is not a suppressive as he can have case gain.
    But he is so PTS that he works for suppressives only. He is sort of a
    super-continual PTS beyond the reach really of a simple S & D and
    handled only at Sect 3 OT Course.

Degraded beings, taking a cue from SP associates, instinctively
    resent, hate and seek to obstruct any person in charge of anything or
    any Big Being.

Anyone issuing sensible orders is the first one resented by a
    degraded being.

A degraded being lies to his seniors, avoids orders covertly by
    alter-is, fails to comply, supplies only complex ideas that can't ever
    work (obstructive) and is a general area of enturbulence, often mild
    seeming or even "cooperative" often even flattering, sometimes merely
    dull but consistently alter-ising or non-complying.

This datum appeared during higher level research and is highly
    revelatory of earlier unexplained phenomena - the pc who changes
    commands or doesn't do them, the worker who can't get it straight or
    who is always on a tea break.

In an area where suppression has been very heavy for long periods
    people become degraded beings. However, they must have been so before
    already due to track incidents.

Some thetans are bigger than others. None are truly equal. But
    the degraded being is not necessarily a natively bad thetan. He is
    simply so PTS and has been for so long that it requires our highest
    level tech to finally undo it after he has scaled up all our grades.

Degraded beings are about 18 to 1 over Big Beings in the human
    race (minimum ratio). So those who keep things going are few. And
    those who will make it without the steam of the few in our orgs behind
    them are zero. At the same time, we can't have a world full of them
    and still make it. So we have no choice.

And we can handle them even when they cannot serve at higher
    levels.

This is really OT data but we need it at lower levels to get the
    job done.

L. RON HUBBARD
    Founder
  11. TheBitch Member

I was just thinking the same and beginning a txt to voice script...

--------------

In an article published by the (London) Times Online today, spokes-being Tommy Davis made the following statement...

In response to these statements, Anonymous would like to take this moment to first pause and laugh.

(insert laugh track located here: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/6185/roflsnrt.wav )

{{Pause=0.25}} Terribly sorry for that, but sometimes even a robotic voice has to laugh. {{Pause=1}} Now that it has passed, the time has come to point out the simple inconsistencies and weasel word phrasing embedded in the not very cleverly propagandistic rebuttal to the story by Mr. Davis. {{Pause=1}}

In his statement, the spokes-being for Scientology states that he "personally knows two Scientologists who suffer from epilepsy who take some drugs to treat it." {{Pause=1}} What Mister Davis fails to make clear is whether or not by "drug" he means doctor per-scribed anti-seizure medication, or if in fact he means "advisor" to the celebrities "drugs," per-scribed by someone such as Tom Cruise's Scientologist health guru Ms. Feline Butcher.

No, I'm sorry to say that her name isn't a joke ladies and gentlemen. You should be ashamed of yourselves for laughing at the poor woman! Her parents apparently anticipated her latter day personality development, despite her recently having been found "not guilty on all charges" by the Los Angeles Superior Court. {{Pause=0.5}}

In any case, Mister Davis' statement was typically fast and loose with words. His failure whether what he meant by the word "drugs" was in fact what the world external to the writings of L. Ron Hubbard assumed is normally meant in daily conversation.

---------

Hack, slash, burn, edit, toss etc as desired. Just thinking we need to point out the double meaning of non-specific words in his vocabulary PLUS the very HUGE FOOTBULLET of the "informed consent, you can't sue us, we're not 'sponsible if you die" contract.

Maybe if we beat him with a bigger stick he'll blow because of competing desire to STFU and stop being ridiculed, or perhaps he'll anhero because of the pressure from above. Either way it's a win.

Discuss

Edit: I considered "spokes-thetan" too. I mean we might as well use their jingo to demonstrate the use of words to obfuscate / control context / denigrate by implication.
  12. Anonynamefag Member

I lol'd.
  13. LRonAnon Member

14. TinyDancer Member

Brilliant research cross-posted.
  15. Mutante Member

16. TinyDancer Member

LRonAnon, you really are very good at this video thing. AWESOME work. I especially fell for the soundtrack.
  17. Anon_1HG Member

18. J. Swift Member

LRonAnon, this is a great thread. I have an idea for some short YT vids of Scn auditors talking. Follow me here.

In the larger context, Jett's death placed Scientology at yet another crossroads where it could choose to tell the truth or lie. As usual, the Cult decided to split the difference. The Cult told sorta the truth while withholding extremely important facts about its policies. For example, and has been discussed:

1. Yes, Scientologists can take medicine -- but then they are not sessionable.
    One aspirin = 24 hours that one is not sessionable.
    Major drug, non-psych: six weeks out of session.

Auditors talk amongst themselves. A short video could have two auditors (played by actors) talking:

Auditor A: "I have a pc out on a six-weeker. Depakote you know. If they would just get their PTSness handled, they wouldn't have seizures!"

B: "Wow, PTS/SPness always hurts our stats. I had two pc's off course last week for 48 hours because of Mydol. They are women and just can't handle their periods. Women dramatize menstruating you know.

A: Didn't LRH say that menstruation was an implant?

B. Don't go verbal on me! I don't want to write a KR on you. Anyway, yeah, medicines hurt our stats because they keep pc's out of session.

A. But what about the flapiness with Scientologists not being allowed to take medications?

(Cut to Tommy Davis video)

LRonAnon, if this is a project you want to work on, e-mail me. I can help script it. I would like to do a PR vs. Real Life in CoS series of YT.

scienowriter@gmail.com

/////
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

Make this go viral! EPIC VIDEO!

karl-rove-in-handcuffs.jpg

^ /r/ shoop of Tommy Davis' head on that guy.
  21. FreakE420 Member

karl-rove-in-handcuffs.jpg
  22. Anonynamefag Member

epic
  23. 13Heathens Member

20 internets to the first person who gets a scilon on tape saying that a getting a checkup from a doctor is NOT required to join the cult.