Customize

Gerdab is down

Discussion in 'Help Iran Online' started by Unregistered, Jul 16, 2009.

1. This seems to be happening about the same time every day, correlating to when the day shift arrives or maybe when most of us run the programs.

Let's hit it with everything we have and keep that ugly thing down for the day.
  2. The uptime is increasing the last few days:
    Service Uptime - Uptime Monitoring Statistics

It's not just you! gives a nice idea if a site is down or not, but I can open it from where I'm using Internet (Greece).
  3. Still down as of ~11:40 AM Tehran time, according to downforeveryoneorjustme.com. Just when I thought it was hopeless!
  4. Srpska Member

It's up for me (1506 UTC) but it was pretty damn slow last night. Needs moar destroy die attack.
  5. I have requested that the company providing service uptime statistics remove their association with gerdab.ir . It was a moral plea, and while the service uptime statistics may be helpful to us, as a web administrator I know the service is far more helpful to them in determining when to ramp up their own protection. The company is American, and after they see the content (I provided several links), I get the feeling that since they are providing a FREE service, they will be inclined to discontinue this service, if only because they don't want their company logo seen on this webpage.

Why?

Because it's important to draw in as many people as possible to the fight. The techs there will see for themselves, and I'm willing to bet they just might pull service, while getting more people involved in the process. Maybe it's a foolish hope... it probably is. But hey... isn't that what this whole thing is, anyway?

If you wish to add weight to my request from the Service Uptime company, please go to Service Uptime - Free Website Monitoring Service and follow their contact link, requesting the same.
  6. jadt65 Member

I have done the same.
  7. its up...we need to take it down again.
  8. Ray Murphy Member

Try doing it all at the same time.
  9. Ray Murphy Member

Ray: Try doing it all at the same time.
    By using this forum to get coordinated with others for a time window of an hour between 9am - 5pm Iran time. If that is arranged, others can look in and see how long it takes them to connect.
  10. Ray Murphy Member

I've made it clear that I'm not participating in blocking websites, however the least I can do is suggest that if anyone wants to make it work they should get synchronised to see if an all-out effort in a narrow time-frame actually DOES anything - and if so, can it be verified by other people here.
  11. Oh, trust me, there is coordination. We just don't discuss it here. Too many eyes watch these forums.

The Legion is not stupid.

<3

Knowledge is free.

Free Iran.
  12. Ray Murphy Member

Good. Perhaps others might be motivated to join in if they knew when to assist.
  13. Tell your legion to get in touch with me son. I need to know when to strike or else i'm just wasting my bandwidth.
  14. How small legion is formed :D

1.) Tell 10 friends about Iran.
    2.) Show friends programs.
    3.) Decide when to attack.
    4.) ??????
    5.) Profit!
  15. Srpska Member

IRC?

Oh lol 10 character minimum blah blah blah

IRC

16. Do as I say, not as I do, right? How bout you just gtfo if your too afraid to play ball. Your like a backseat driver.
  17. _gator Member

did you mean: ".....You're like a backseat driver."?

- please, put that anger to use at those who deserve it.
  18. Srpska Member

ololololol
  19. Did the same, good Idea!
  20. Alpharius Member

I was thinking, if we use Slowloris to hold the HTTP and TCP gates open (partial for HTTP), then can't we put in a bot or something that can remotely maintain Slowloris? Like where it automatically activates whenever their server is on?
  21. Alpharius Member

Hey mate, he did make a good point. He is just holding his ass by saying the first bit of "not participating" (apparently giving advice doesn't count). Still, like he said, coordinate.

Or maybe something like...keeping your computers on all day and night at least once with it up in a joint assault? Just pretend you're torrenting :)
  22. Sunshine-IRAN Member

It's not to get the protest sites up, it's to keep pages with pictures of protestors to be identified down.

Which, I might add, is currently down. :) I checked "it's just you..." and it's down for everyone, it seems.
  23. Ray Murphy Member

Ray: I've made it clear that I'm not participating in blocking websites, however the least I can do is suggest that if anyone wants to make it work they should get synchronised to see if an all-out effort in a narrow time-frame actually DOES anything - and if so, can it be verified by other people here.

You seem to have no idea how futile it is to flame me.
  24. Visionary Member

It's up again. It always seems to be whenever I check, lol.
  25. Zeta Metroid Member

Whoo-hoo!

It's down again, it looks like.
  26. Jakomeyu Member

theyve admitted to it being hacked on their website
  27. Zeta Metroid Member

Down for the Count

Once more, it seems to be down. I believe it's been this way for quite a while...
  28. rierro Member

It's up for me.
  29. rierro Member

And now it's down again.
  30. templar93418 Member

Still up as of 0601 Eastern US time ip traces to a UK server if that helps....:(
  31. Zeta Metroid Member

Will this help us take it down?

Taking Down Gerdab.ir (Gerdab)
    I'm not sure, I remember how other things people were using (like PageReboot) they managed to make hurt the opposition as well (by making it drain their sites too). I'd run this, but I'm not sure it won't do the same thing...