Customize

German Chanology subforum gone

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Anonymous, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Hey I don't speak German either but I know how to control them.

mod edit: NSFW image removed (with regret)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Miranda Member

To repeat: The forum will return, probably in a few days. It can't be moderated if we have no moderators. It's a practical problem. If you were to read this entire thread you'd see that it has been addressed in detail many, many times. Seriously, this is not the issue some people are making it.

Yes, as I and others have said numerous times, this is very unfair to the German anons who did nothing to warrant it. We have been working way overtime to try to resolve this problem, and it will be resolved soon.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. SOJOA Member

I have very much enjoyed watching teh German protests cause they do it up huge but I am not surprised they are whining about this.

Either way I hope it gets worked out and resolved soon for everyone sake.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. SOJOA Member

Cause frankly isnt that what happened in the 2nd reich? Hilter started crying like a bitch about everything then took over the bulk of the 1st tier nations?

Oh wait.....they dont teach you guys that in school do they.....BBAAZZIINNNGGG.......

:) Kudos
  5. Miranda Member

No, I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion. I'm annoyed that you've jumped into a situation kind of cluelessly and complicated it unnecessarily. Also, I don't like your rudeness.

That is all. This is not about us, Shaw.

[IMG]
  6. Anonalong Member

Sue, honest suggestion here ^^^ go with that (re-interpret their request in the reasonable light).

I'm not familiar with all that's happened, but it seems to me some OWS faction acts as troll here, which upset German Anons, which upset you (Sue), which upset the forum. Who wins? Obvious troll is troll. Or go Scn with it (lol) and look at the 3rd party law: in every dispute there is an unseen third party (imo that's not 101% always true, but it certainly fits an awful lot of disputes).
  7. sue Administrator

It's unfair to them, just as it is unfair to be forced into a position where whatever you do you get criticized. I for this and other reasons opted for the one where those initiating this, publicly share the blame.

It was a hectic situation, at least one of the german moderators (rheinlander) was acting out, it was unclear what ackerlands stance was on this. Unless you would have wanted for me to wait and find out whether german mods would do anything rash like deleting all the threads?
  8. PresidentShaw Member

And how is that a bad thing?

I wouldn't call them friends and I did notice that they lied on certain things from the get go, the reason I was there was to try to attempt to clarify things and point out to them that they are not jesus and that that the way they acted was pretty fucking retarded as well, see unlike some people who think in black & white, I can be critical of both sides of an argument, it's a pretty fun ability to have. But feel free to continue making the scenario in your head without actually reading what I posted or asking me.

That being said, I'm disapointed at your pettyness over this, your willingness to play into the us vs them mentality over a few people that got your goat. Moreover the assumptions you seem to make without having taken time to think it through properly are very unlike you.
    I'm not the only person who thinks you over reacted, and this includes people who did not go and speak with german anons.

I can see that you are still a bit angry over this issue, which is perfectly understandable, so instead of contacting you right away to discuss this further and getting a condescending response I'll wait a bit until dust settles.

I hope you have awesome holidays, and since I couldn't wish you a merry christmas in time, here's to a happy new year.
  9. Fuckeye Member

And again, you had moderators. Ackerland said he may as well step down as he had no forum to mod. Lack of forum led to lack of mods, not the other way around.
    So one unfair action is okay, but another is not?
  10. sue Administrator

Not longer than ten minutes ago you were arguing that disabling the german forum was a bad move, what is it going to be?
  11. Miranda Member

One unfair action was proposed as a permanent solution. The other was a temporary necessity. No, it isn't fair. Sometimes that's what happens for a while and we are trying to minimize the impact.

That is all I can say about this--it's numbing my brain to repeat it so many times.
  12. PresidentShaw Member

My point is that if the german forums wouldn't have been disabled, we wouldn't have this clusterfuck of a thread.
  13. Pique Member

No, you're right, we would have had a different clusterfuck of a thread
    • Like Like x 7
  14. sue Administrator

I think you figured it out.
  15. PresidentShaw Member

I figured it out a while ago. But more importantly.

4hDPn.jpg
  16. Anonymous Member

You can't get out of this with a Wookie.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Anonymous Member

How about three?
    ThreeWookieeAmigos-ROTSVD.jpg
  18. Anonymous Member

no.
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Ackerland Member

AnonShaw: Thank you for writing this. You're pretty much saying what I've been saying from the start ITT. I wasn't untouched by this turn of events either and might have written more emotional responses than I usually do. I do appreciate the Hamburg anons and their creativity when it comes to real life protest, I myself took part in several of their protests. That some individuals in that cell behaved like they did does not negate the fact that they did ALOT of work, work that the English speaking Forum was benefitting from as well.
    I hate to see them go in this fashion, which, as I see it, could have been prevented with a more level-headed approach at settling this matter than to temporarily disable the Forum.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

Yes, but now we must go from here.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. PresidentShaw Member

• Like Like x 1
  23. Profanity Member

What a magnificent shitstorm.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Ackerland Member

I actually quite like the idea of spreading the German forum into four sectors for a few days :p

Give the respective forum mods power over that sector, say, the French over AvS, the Polish (In lieu of the Russians) over FoI and the americans over the main board... In turn restore posting permissions :D
    What'd you think?

You'll ask "where is the 4th" sector, to which I'll say the British will have to share with the Americans
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Profanity Member

So basically a WWII slumber party?
  26. sue Administrator

Nor does the work they do, negate or somehow justify their actions against the mods and myself. Who also work a lot, to the benefit of the german community.
    How many reasonable answers and suggestions do you expect to be stone walled and met with insults before it's too much. Look, I understand that you have your opinion on this, and that you for a part of the time could watch from the sidelines. But until you have been on the receiving end of this or a similar situation you will have difficulty empathizing with it.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 5
  27. Anonymous Member

Rsndt.jpg
  28. barbiluv Member

29. PresidentShaw Member

30. Ackerland Member

Thanks for answering, I wasn't writing this expecting a reply. I'm just happy someone sees the things as I do, that's all.
  31. Anonymous Member

The self-congratulation in this post is astonishing. If you aren't trolling you should be.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Anonymous Member

It's getting beautiful again.

tumblr_ltqvfy0Ry41qlvtro.gif
  33. PresidentShaw Member

You are just mad because you are not as awesome as I am.

Don't hate, congratulate.
  34. Anonymous Member

A civil war is people fighting over a common resource. Sorry to disabuse you, but this website is privately owned and operated, i.e. not a common resource. In other news, your ability to work both sides of the naughty and nice coin is clearly undiminished. Dirty Santa approves

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  36. telomere Member

I'm sorry that the German-language forums were disabled,
    but I'm very grateful that the damage was able to be contained, that more (or all) were not also disabled.

I hope the tourniquet was tight enough,
    but hope too that the limb can still be saved.

I felt before (and still somewhat do) that it was a bad move,
    but after 'lurking more', appreciate that it may have been much less bad than the alternatives.
    • Like Like x 4
  37. Anonymous Member

38. Ackerland was a good mod. I want Ackerland as mod.
  39. James Spader Member

FYI, if you see the following image posted randomly around the site: some talented individual has been spamming. I have taken the liberty to edit his captions, though. NOBODY PANIC.

tantrum.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  40. Anonymous Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.