Customize

German Chanology subforum gone

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Anonymous, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Silvio Dante: Look, this thing of ours, the way it's going, it'd be better if we could admit to each other these are painful, stressful times. [pause] But it'll never fucking happen.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

wacky-lost-chicken.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

4. Miranda Member

Easy%20Sunder%20Dinner%20Roast%20Chicken.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Well Shaw if Orson let you see a private conversation, that means he values your opinion. He wanted you to see the problem in more depth so you'd understand the way the mods were responding.

The bit you did wrong, in my opinion, is using the private info Orson shared with you to slag on the mods in public. If I were in Orson's shoes, that would feel like a betrayal of confidence.

Did you even have a mother to tell you things like this when you were little?
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Mutante Member

RIP Wilma ;_;
  8. HOC Member

Np, perhaps it may be time for all the most active parties in this drama to cool the heels for a bit.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. telomere Member

She's with the gods mods now, under their savory wing

Phoenix_EFTH+banner.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

RIP Shaw

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

4702755882_02041ff679.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  13. James Spader Member

I prefer mine with a little more crunch on em

crispy-chicken-wings.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Miranda Member

15. TLDR
    TLDR
  16. James Spader Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. Miranda Member

18. Ackerland Member

It was a noble gesture. You cannot expect that the conclusions he draws from what he read is the same as yours, though.

Betrayal?! I would believe that a mod team should be run on principles of transparency and open-mindedness and free voicing of opinions, not a system based on loyalty and rewards. I think it is a good thing if a mod team does NOT always show they're of the same opinion to a certain degree. Certainly, a mod actively pushing one side without regard to the other goes too far, there must be a balance somewhere. But there must be the possibility to voice dissent, or else the group will give a too cliqueish impression. Shaw was not exclusively pushing either side. He was not doing ad-hom attacks. He explained the situation as he saw it, all while being pretty self-ironic.

*sigh*.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mutante Member

And then we will turn our teeth upon ourselves.

But aren't we supposed to end this first? :-/
  20. Fuckeye Member

• Like Like x 2
  21. Miranda Member

Mods do disagree with each other every day on various subjects, but we do it in the mod forum. That's a part of what those discussions are for. Moderating is a hard job and we absolutely need each other's support--but I've received concerned pm's MANY times from other mods questioning my actions, and I'm grateful for it. I got some last night from both mods and users who were concerned I think that I was losing it. It was a good call, I needed to step back.

But it's different and can be felt as undermining to call each other out in public. (It can also lead to a free-for-all attack on the called-out mod.) That's my opinion, anyway. I support other mods in public and in private I talk frankly with them when I disagree. What usually happens if mods feel that someone has acted wrongly is that there will be a discussion about it and the action will be undone in some way. We discuss just about everything and make decisions by consensus, with sue having though rarely using veto power.
    • Like Like x 6
  22. Anonymous Member

He was not prevented from voicing his dissent. He voiced his dissent all over this thread and others. Plus you assume all mods are on the same page regarding this issue (I don't know if they are or not, but neither do you).

Using Shaw as a victim to demonstrate the dangers of cliquishness is what is known as IRONY.

He was not doing ad-hom attacks? O rly. Please see the dome.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

"Delete Post" is my new favorite button.

Just sayin'
  24. Anonymous Member

Yikes.

Have not read the whole of this thread due to lack of time, and having a life.

Read the mod's summary of pro/anti German-OWS and mod discussion at the start though.

Have to think that perhaps the problem is that #OWS forums were imposed on WWP in the first place.

Perhaps some kind of taking-the-temperature-of-the-community-as-to-what-becomes-an-initiative-in-the-first-place thing would be sensible. Rather than just telling us, "this initiative is now part of WWP".
  25. James Spader Member

It's hard to be a perfectionist. Anyhow, here's my reply:

The transparency issue is complicated in relation to moderating an Anon-affiliated forum because there is a lot of inherent ambivalence and ambiguity surrounding power relationships (real or perceived). It can also be very difficult at times to get and/or maintain a perspective on the weight (or lack thereof) of words on the internet. Some people don't want one.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. Anonymous Member

I'm sorry, but you may have to choose between reading this thread and having a life.
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Ackerland Member

Right. The thing is that most of the originally private conversation has been published here already, and I see this thread as an opportunity to exchange our views and think it's great by the mods it has been let open as long as it has, in spite of the usual suspects spamming the usual shit and engaging in circular conversations. I've always found it problematic if decision processes are made behind closed doors, but I realize I might be a bit too idealistic in this regard.

I usually don't take anything seriously that is posted on the dome, but then again, I don't read it either.
  28. Pique Member

Thank you for that feedback. :)
  29. Anonymous Member

Trust. The only operative word that matters here.
  30. Anonymous Member

bro_fist_by_notallther-d3ct2pq.png.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

32. Anonymous Member

fuckit .. some people trying to attack mods because they try to take over .. spot the leaderfag by his many socks
  33. Anonymous Member

WWP needs none of this drama. Important work there is. Contribute at will, but shill not with socks.

What matters the German drama compared to Iranian?

Be of filled perspective. Destroy not this vital pipeline with blocked faggotry.

Open minds and hearts be not afeared by such fail.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Profanity Member

There is resolving the issue, and then there is pretending to solve the issue, coupled with indignant reactions to help strengthen the act.

Which category you fall under remains to be seen, at least in my eyes.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Dragononymous Member

You've always been the cute little enemy of anon anyways <3
  36. Anonymous Member

OK, I don't remember that image being NSFW. I do remember it representing the calibre of some of the Germanons attitude, but that was clearly for lulz. I thought it was cute. The butthurt was unintentional.
  37. Anonymous Member

Penis heads in black leather
  38. veravendetter Member

• Like Like x 5
  39. Pique Member

40. James Spader Member

I thought it was clever too (that's why I removed it with regret), but the penis heads put it on the nsfw line.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.