Customize

German magazine "STERN" publicates "Undercover at the Scientology-Church Berlin"!!!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by NeoAnon-Hamburg, May 14, 2008.

1. admiral_caek Member

Re: German magazine "STERN" publicates "Undercover at the Scientology-Church Berlin"!

That's the great part about scientology... they use so many money scams that when a fake account is used for undercover purposes, they don't know it's a fake!

I lost track of how many agents we planted back in jan-feb, but the cult is gonna look reeeeeaaaaallly stupid when they try to find imaginary funds that are only on paper, and a crumbling infrastructure as the plants pull out :fuckyou:
  2. indeedindeed Member

Re: German magazine "STERN" publicates "Undercover at the Scientology-Church Berlin"!

Would you want to be on such a train?
  3. anon_david Member

wat
  4. Himbeertoni Member

page 4 anon delivers ... always!

it´s a very rough translation excuse my terrible english but you may edit it any way you want to ... it was done very quick!

Saturday, April 12th. Training room. The lessons take up to three hours. I read about potential trouble sources (me) and supressive persons (my girlfriend and everbody critic of scientology). Course leader Reinhold is questioning a child. How old may it be, eight years? But it is stubborn, so they have to isolate it and bring it into another room. I see kids here more frequently. Sometimes they belong to staff and sometimes to parents that study here. If have to think about Carinas gaze, when I was signing the contract last Thursday. Of course it would have been possible for me to just leave. This is the only way. But I wanted to see how far they will go. The look Carina gave Cornelius. Stone cold. Hard. It wasn´t about me. It wasn´t about “total freedom and immortality”, that scientology pretends to give to mankind. I was only a number, a conclusion of a contract. How does someone feel that falls into scientologys trap?

Tuesday, April 15th Sörens office. Carina is talking to me, “when are you able to start?” – “Monday” –“why not now?” – “I still have stuff to do” – “I want you to start now!” Carina is grabing a piece of paper. I told her that I have a new job at the Unversity. Four days a week 8 hours each day. She draws a couple of quick lines on the paper with the ballpen and my new shedule is ready I´m to work for 52,5 hours a week beside of the job at the university. Salary? She can´t say how much exactly. She gets 50 Euros, at the moment. Sörens enters the room. Both start to grill me. At the end they get me to enter the years in the contract , that I pledge myself to work for Scientology. Allegedly I have the choice between 2,5 and 5 years, as I write 2,5 years Carine smiles and says:”you will enter 5 years on Monday”

A short time later executive director Irmi Tjarks enters the office. I think to myself that this looks as if it is arranged that way. She says that we have to rescue the planet, who else will do that? “you know” she says “this is like rescuing a drowning man that doesn´t want to be rescued, but you do it anyway”. The Scientologists are laughing. I starting to think how my life will look in like in 2,5 years if I had done this for real if I had obligated myself for real.

Monday April 21st. A traditional Bar in Berlin “House of 100 Beers” I can´t go on. How long can you stand the pressure before you break, mentally, and you start to become another person? Half a year, one year? Today is gonna be the last day I will meet with them. Carina is droping by to “handle” my girlfriend. Corinna is with her. Carina tells me that Berlin shall raise in the internal structure of scientology and be on one level with Copenhagen, the european headquarter of Scientology. To do so they need 55 more staff members. They already got 125. They want to do this until the 6th of june.
    They admit me into their confidence “we have really good contacts”they say quietly “not only actors, but also politicians they only wait for a sign that we are proceeding and that they can emerge from the shadows”. Who knows which of these claims are true. Scientology masters PR not only in public but also on the inside of the organisation.
    When Sandra arrives we lean back again. Sandra asks questions and the two girls laugh – and lie. You can heal diseases? Bullshit, noone tells that. Pressure? No way. The Press? They are lying. Then they try to lure Sandra into the Org. Sandra resists and says that she doesn´t want to. That she ain´t got time and that the numerous phone calls piss her off. Carina and Corinna just put their hands under their chins and nod nicely. Obviously they have the feeling to at least have me under control.
    Sandra gets up “You know what I think of that” she says to me and leaves. We planned it that way Sandra is beiing acted by a colleague. Corinna says I have to go to the org immediately to become “stable”. They want to drill me so I can handle Sandra when I come home. They want to show me how “assistance” works. It´s a psychological method that I should use on Sandra. It worked with Corinnas boyfriend aswell. Carina plants seeds of doubt “did you ever think that your girlfriend is cheating on you?” I take a look at both of them. How can It be that two 19year old girls are trying to destroy my relationship, to break me mentaly and financialy try to ruin me while they are smiling?
    The light catches Carinas blond hair. The 19 year old girl shows her teeth while smiling and says: "We're like Rottweilers, we won't let go"
  5. Himbeertoni Member

Well reading that for the 10th time today i think i should join Seaaa Arrrgh in Berlin, trying to enturbulate our two hot blondes here and show em what a cat can do to a Rottweiler harhar. Someone plz bring a picketsign saying "C & C you fail cats will never accept leashes" or "Let me enturbulate your thetans all night long C & C" or "sorry Sabine but Carina is much hotter than you" ...

brilliant article is brilliant now we should get our hands on that videos Fredy made ... and forfuckssake write to him and thank him for this epic article!!!!
  6. Amnon Nhymous Member

$cientology is a psychiatric hospital where all personnel is crazy because of just one (dead) man. Quite incredible when you think at it.
  7. Krautfag Member

I have a feeling that being the whole thing not only a huge UNHANDLED PR flap but also a frigging big security-breach we will see a whole new lot of faces at Berlin org, once the mission from copenhagen or maybe even RTC arrives. Don't count on ever seeing anyone who appeared on TV yesterday again since they obviously don't know to use the tech or there would have been no report. So, the nightly enturbulating of C & C prolly will have to wait till they blow (pun intended :D)

The church of paranoia does not like suppressive cameras inside the orgs, I should guess.
  8. avatar2008 Member

^^THIS

Just what Australia needs, more unlicensed "religious workers", courtesy of Scientology handling of compromised Orgs. :rofl:

Kudos to STERN for running the article, Editor, Reporters for their brass balls.
  9. Himbeertoni Member

i lawled at this

yeah i didn´t think of that, well maybe i will visit them in Denmark ... but they will leave Sabine here right ??? Hey and if any you nice little girlies evar wants to blow
    ... don´t look at me it´s legal they are 19!!! If you can destroy others peoples lifes i think you are aswell old enough for that!

but seriously, this and the report of the Bundesverfassunsgschutz today (i think it was like 10 pages about the scilons exclusively in the short version) they must have had massive downstats in Berlin today i think Sabine is not happy ... but let´s not stop here, think of the people Fredy heard scream for help, well i don´t know about you, but when i hear someone scream for help i call the police!!!11! What, if not this, does justify german authorities to raid the Berlin Org like the authorities in Belgium did?
    And really if anyone wants to blow and leave the train to madness they are always welcome, i wait for Sabine ... ehehe and since i´m much younger than her ...
  10. Plups Member

This story is absolutely GRIPPING! Is there more? (Tell me there is. Just tell me there is NOW.)
  11. indeedindeed Member

Ok, Carina: There is more. That's a lie, but you wanted me to say this, so don't complain.
    Seriously, it's just a four page article and the TV segment.
  12. Plups Member

Hehe. Got me there.

Well, many thanks to all who did the translating and who are working on the subtitles. I love you all. I really hope that Stern considers making public the raw footage, once they've released what they plan to release, so that we can trawl all over it...
  13. indeedindeed Member

I love how he said in the interview, that everything appeared to be robot-like with some of the people and then he recounted this: "Example given the sec-check. Would they have simply asked me to produce my personal identity card it would have been all over". Every german citizen has to carry a personal ID card including his or her name. He went into Scientology under a wrong name.

Also, how the moderator changed to the next topic of the show: "While Scientology is being considered a demonic cult by many, a young man has confronted a very special personal demon..."
  14. riba Member

I'm directly writing down the translation from the video while I'm downloading it. The download was almost done twice already but then somehow failed. Currently I'm downloading it AGAIN... at 20 kbps. As a fansubber in the past, I can also tell you it's going to take at least two hours to do the timing. While a 20-minute episode of a series, be it anime or not, also consists of other scenes, this is 20 minutes of constant talking. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to finish it today, sorry.
  15. Mouseyhair Member

Just picked up a copy. This is absolute epic win.
  16. anon11 Member

I sent the journalist an e-mail thanking him for his investigation.
    Hopefully, he'll put more info up.
  17. Re: German magazine "STERN" publicates "Undercover at the Scientology-Church Berlin"!

If you could possibly post a transcript before starting on the subs that would be awesome.
  18. Himbeertoni Member

i think you don´t fully understand ... this magazine is lying around everywhere here in germany any doctors waiting room etc. so it may possibly reach millions of people and the guy doing the Stern TV show, Günther Jauch he is in germany something like, well let me put it this way ... if he says the world as we know it will end tomorrow and you can only be saved, by putting on a tinfoil hat german mums will buy up the world production on tinfoil within an hour after the show aired, savy?
  19. Ten Tigers Member

SWEEEEEET!!!
  20. Re: German magazine "STERN" publicates "Undercover at the Scientology-Church Berlin"!

LOL seems as some scilons desperately tried to save their stats.

Undercover-Journalist: 'Scientology will Berlin knacken' - stern TV

First comment:
    Translation
    B R A I N W A S H E D x-O
  21. anon0004 Member

there is a possibillity to comment this article and the $cilons are on the job --

So man the harpoons and fire them accuratly

Comment GOGOGOGO
  22. orly Member

You have to carry ID and they still didn't check it? At least in the US, we don't have to carry ID if we're not driving (driver's license), so it's easier to "get away with" a fake name. With all the infiltration they get, you'd have expected them to be just a tiny bit more vigilant with ID to prevent it.

Also, yes, thanks so much for the translations, everyone. Anon certainly delivers.
  23. riba Member

Sure.

Fuck it, download failed for the third time. Got it from another source, but the quality is worse. The uploaded video misses the end - reactions of the viewers, I'll also include that.
  24. anon11 Member

HOw about you upload the subs separately(as srt, ssa or whatever) and someone can patch them to the high def version?
  25. efmorph Member

Try to download it via DownloadHelper (firefox addon). Though you'll get the video as a .flv file then.
  26. TheHunter911 Member

I tried all day to invent clever subtitles for the vid. It's probably a minor fail and I think I broke parts of brain :text: ... but if you want to give it a try you can find it here:
    Scientology infiltrated crappy ENGLISH version once vimeo has converted it.

Don't miss the epic footbullet!
  27. indeedindeed Member

The undercover reporter has this to say about Scientology:

(or "opponent")

and

Both from an article about this from the newspaper Berliner Kurier:

Die Zentrale des - Berlin - Berliner Kurier

according to this article, Sabine Weber had this to say:

28. riba Member

If it's really that crappy, I'll finish mine tomorrow.
    Didn't see you were already working on them.

Well, this video misses the first few seconds, which is not really a problem. But what I think is important is the end of the show, where reactions of the viewers are read out.

As I said, Hunter's video misses some parts. Still, I can upload the .ass file (basically .ssa, but better :p) and you can try to shift the timing so that the beginning fits.

Well, if you are still interested, I can post my translation. It's done until the report itself ends and the host starts to talk to the reporter.
  29. Himbeertoni Member

hey Riba how are you? first of all thx for your efforts post the translation and then take a fucking nap ... it´s already late here.

as for this

"Right now we are checking whether the quotations are correct. As to the comparison with the company, I'm sure it's a misunderstanding."

yes Sabine we are quite sure that the comparison with a company is not that correct, actually most companys are not half as evil as scientology and they do pay their employees and not take them ransom and ... you know i could go on for hours ... someone linked that article here ...

Die Zentrale des Psycho-Terrors - Berlin - Berliner Kurier

the title says "Scientology the center of mental terror!"

there´s another article in the Berlin courier from today

Die Sekten-Jäger mit der Maske - Berlin - Berliner Kurier

the title says "code name: Anonymous the masked Cult Hunters"

it´s an interview with our beloved Berlinfag Censor ...

so which one do you want to have translated first?
  30. str Member

31. TheHunter911 Member

Damn!! I missed that. Can you upload the viewers reactions?
  32. supafreak Member

Awesome! I love the Stern.

Himbeertoni, thanks for the Berlin Kurier links! *geht lesen*
  33. RHill Member

Church of Scientology sued Stern before. They lost, when Stern produced an affidavit by Sam Moskowitz, in which he confirmed that indeed, Hubbard really stated that to make a million you need to start a religion.

non-scientologist faq on "Start a Religion"

Also, it's good to remember that another reporter in the 60s enrolled into Scientology to investigate. He was a mess afterward, he needed psychiatric counseling for a year after he got out. Here is the article:

Life Magazine, 1968, A growing cult reaches dangerously into the mind SCIENTOLOGY

(Thanks to Anonymous for making this latest Stern article available to English readers)
  34. Ten Tigers Member

Like I said, I hope scientology tries to sue Stern. Hahahahahaha... That would be the stupidest thing they ever did. Forget "foot bullets." They're taking aim at their own legs with freakin' ARTILLERY!!!
  35. thedoctor Member

is it complete? in pdf? to include in data packets? Should go in Platinum Info Packet...

mmm... artillery...
  36. Plups Member

THAT is why it's so thrilling! The undercover expose + the extensive mainstream media coverage.
  37. Re: German magazine "STERN" publicates "Undercover at the Scientology-Church Berlin"!

Bump fpr great justice
  38. anon_david Member

This thread is full of win and awesome. Thanks for the various translations, vids, commentary, etc, Germanfags!

Jesus H Christ.
  39. Ann O'Nymous Member

I understand the excitement, but due to the fact that there are three different documents, I suggest that Germanons use their natural talent for organization in order to avoid double work. My suggestions:
    - Have a specific thread, e.g. in the German translation/transcription sub-forum, at least for the TV program (the online interview and the article seem to have been mostly taken care of here already).
    - If necessary, have the English versions checked by native English-speakers.
    - Provide a tidy and unique version of the documents, both in German and English.

Keep on the good work.
  40. Hieronymous Member

Who is the cover girl and is she anonymous?