Customize

Gern Gaschoen Defends Fair Game and Disconnection

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by OperatingSP, Jan 27, 2013.

1. OperatingSP Member

This is so important -- and to be honest, I'm so FUCKING pissed off -- that I created a separate thread for this. Maybe I'll be chastised by a Moderator, but I REALLY think this information needs to be published widely. I want a God damned separate thread title for this.

And like I said, I am FUCKING pissed off.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/mission-statement/#comment-251811
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

A calm, compltely in-TRs, and completely analytical response to the comment by Gern Gaschoen submitted to Marty's blog. Not yet moderated, approved or posted.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/mission-statement/#comment-251868
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. White Tara Global Moderator

The 'pissed off' is catching!
    • Agree Agree x 5
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  5. Anonymous Member

Marty's response:

martyrathbun09 | January 27, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Reply
    I think you’ve lost it at the first step: having others impose whom should or should not communicate with. To then send it to an adjudicative body for review further complicates it. I don’t believe any philosophy or technology has any business granting another the authority or right to tell another to whom he or she may or should or should not communicate with.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Quentinanon Member

Not surprising coming from an Indie.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Now the question is, did it get approved and posted because it was a spot on assessment, or is it damage control for the indie movement?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. OTeleventy Member

I think Marty Rathbun is a fuck monkey, but he said that well, and with uncharacteristic brevity.
    • Agree Agree x 6
  9. Anonymous Member

Except that doesn't address the Fair Game issue.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. OTeleventy Member

True that. True that.

[Wait for it...]
  11. Anonymous Member

The mere fact he has to control the flow of posts onto his site is suggestive of a high level of control freakery, that he first honed and polished within the cult itself. I can not believe a person like this is not going to bring his best control freak tools (disconnection and fair game) to independent scientology. How do you think he will control those who disparage independent scientology, if he is to KISW?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ogsonofgroo Member

A clouded realm, never seeing the walls, never allowed to venture beyond the limits. Inside they are eating their own.

YAY them!

tourist-in-front-of-the-colosseum.jpg

*popcorn*
  13. I don't like this germ fellow.
    You have to be a real cunt to think fairgame in any form is acceptable.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

Marty, Tony and others further comment in response to Gern Gaschoen:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/mission-statement/#comment-251840
  15. Skyfall Member

Of course disconnection and fair game is successful.

It's successfully ruined families, controlled every aspect of a person involved to the point of blinded slavery, and aimed for the right to stricken the free flow of opinions and information. It's successfully attacked critics, victimized bystanders when they ask questions, and utilized a sure fire way to separate the humanity from a member to the point of a mental breakdown and even death. This is exactly what a cult/dictatorship needs to force humanity to submit to their whims, to indicated that they, the Scientologists, are the ones truly designed to lead us, that they are our saviors and nothing less.

So let the fucker preach how he's better than everyone. It's only going to make Scientology look even more worse. His bullshit isn't going to charm anyone to his side, not even the indies.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

More of Gern's Greatest Hits:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/mission-statement/#comment-251804
    Several points.

First, did it ever occur to Gern that the reason Germany might not be overly hospitable to Scientology is his and others' belief in Fair Game and Disconnection?

Secondly, Scientologists are "but a few steps removed from re-education camps being enforced on us Scientologists by the German government?" "It has already happened in a few cases." Really? Seriously? Evidence? Oh, and not according to Marty:
    It’s Safe to be a Scientologist in Germany
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/its-safe-to-be-a-scientologist-in-germany/

Thirdly, "there is, really, another Sea Org." WTF?

Finally, "the policies we have are applicable within, and outside the Church, equally." Yeah, good luck with that.

Gern is either a troll (a possibility I don't discount) or one scary and delusional MoFo.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Anonymous Member

Yet another calm, fully analytical, in TRs reply submitted to, but not yet moderated, approved or posted on, Marty's blog:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/mission-statement/#comment-251938
  18. jensting Member

I think the middle sentence in Gern's blurb above is unrelated. So the German government has interfered with Gern's business as a clam. These are the few cases he's alluding to. The bit in the middle is just Ron's case rearing its ugly head.

And I think a bit of oversight (by someone other than Gern) of Gern's business would be a grand idea.
  19. Anonymous Member

It would be foolish to "dub in" any positive meaning when it comes to what Marty says, although he regularly invites his flock to do so . Have another read . . .

That's true . . . but what's not said is whether Marty believes a "philosophy or technology" (heh!) should withhold a person's eternity UNLESS they cease communicating with a person, which is what Scientology teaches.

Assuming he's not lying as part of a PR effort to counter Lawrence Wright's description of him, Marty may well believe Scientology has no right to dictate inter-personal communications, but what does he say about Scientology retaining the right to withhold its "services"? For the Kool Aid Brigade, its the "eternity" implications which are the most important when disconnection is on the table. Would Marty, for example, audit someone who's partner was massively and actively opposed to Scientology? Until Marty addresses those sorts of specifics rather than seeking to flummox the wogs with semantic gymnastics designed to make himself appear reasonable and moderate, it might be best to keep the pressure on. Then again . . . <sigh> . . . should his moves towards reasonableness be encouraged with recognition and praise, you know, ignore the bad behaviour, praise the good behaviour? I dunno. When it comes to Scientology and the M&M Show, colour me suspicious.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. fishypants Moderator

Shit, I agree with Marty.

How embarrassing.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. RightOn Member

The Windies are imploding
    I wonder how the people who recenelty left (or people thinking of leaving) COS feel about all this arguing amongst them?
    I hope it doesn't send them back into the claws of COS again because they are so confused and their eternity feels safer being back " in".
  22. TrevAnon Member

Inb4 list of exes goes below 2000...
    • Funny Funny x 2
  23. RightOn Member

Dont' even...
    • Funny Funny x 4
  24. RightOn Member

I mean really, COS must be laughing their asses off!
  25. fishypants Moderator

I would think they're probably used to it.

I've never been a Scientologist (don't meet the gullibility criteria) but I gather the 'orgs' are havens of backbiting internal politics. E.g. all the 'SP declares' on people who get too much influence for DM's satisfaction.
  26. RightOn Member

yes but keep in mind when you are newly out or thinking of getting out, your doubt levels would soar even higher
  27. Anonymous Member

It's just a troll that appeared, and that Rathbun is finding to be useful.

No one posts on Rathbun's blog unless it's at Rathbun's pleasure.

The germ fellow is a red herring.
  28. Anonymous Member

^^ I doubt it. He has posted on Marty's blog for quite a long time.
  29. Quentinanon Member

What Gern does not comprehend is that Germans do not want a repeat of the events that lead into WW2. The Federal Office for Protection of the Constitution rightfully monitors the scientology crime syndicate in Germany because the organisation has anti-democratic, totalitarian objectives.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  30. jensting Member

always did. That's the pesky thing about freedom, sometimes people use it to do something with which I disagree.

However, I'd much rather be cheering for a bunch of intra-fighting, bitching, bickering and unruly ex-victims than I would try to support making a new and shiny cult.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Thatcher Moderator

What Gern Gaschoen (which is btw. the American phonetic spelling of the phrase "gern geschehen", meaning "You're welcome") calls re-education camp I would call a loony bin. That fucker has definitely lost it and I bet his neighbors wanna get rid of him.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

Marty draws the line.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/mission-statement/#comment-252077
  33. Ogsonofgroo Member

Still lolol!

Goodness, let the devouring continue!

ek25c6.gif
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2