Customize

Glorifying & Nostalgic Sea Org Crap: "The OT Organization Begins"

Discussion in 'Martin Ottmann' started by Martin Ottmann, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Another one of these articles from "Highwinds" magazine (Issue 20, 1997) where Sea Org history is rewritten for SO-internal consumption (and propaganda):

Sea-Org-Begins-1.jpg Sea-Org-Begins-2.jpg Sea-Org-Begins-3.jpg Sea-Org-Begins-4.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  2. RightOn Member

what is he doing with his fingers? showing someone how to shoot marbles?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I was just looking a day ago for photos of the Avon River/Athena, now I know what it looked like the only photo I found didn't show all of it:

avon-river-athena.jpg
  4. Budd Member

I LOLd in my pants to read how history was rewritten to hide the facts that LRH was on the lam, running from legal authorities.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Well, yes... he was... but I don't think that was the point of the promo... he took an unpleasant situation, and turned it to his advantage... He did have a flair for flair!! which deeded MC, unbeknownst to him, the world of the church... and here we are today
  6. Well, I was there in Las Palmas.with Hubbard in 1967.

The whole article is a complete mish-mash of some altered facts, timeframe and a lot of imagination. Clearly the writer had no idea what went on in Las Palmas and relies on the propaganda outpourings of the cult.

One small point missed out by the writer; Hubbard was mostly "stoned" in LP. He took a whole range of self-administered substances whilst in Las Palmas. I have seen his "pharmacy" in his house in LP. It was quite extensive. He had a history of cocaine abuse going back to the late 1940's.
  7. Anonymous Member

Do tell Neville.

No really. Tell us more.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. He certainly did that and more.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Budd Member

• "While LRH continued his research in Tangier..." - Exactly what kind of research was he doing, and how was he doing it?
    • "LRH completed the first phase of research on OT III." Again, exactly what kind of research did he do on such an esoteric subject, and how did he do it?
    • "17 OTs and Clears" are going to clear the entire planet of 5,000,000,000 people?
    Sorry, but I'm not wasting any more of my precious brain cells on this folderol tonight. LRH is so full of himself.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Quentinanon Member

L. Rum was drinking lots of Irish whiskey during his "research", which fueled his ideas for OT III.
    • Like Like x 1