Customize

"Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief" by Lawrence Wright

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. YouSeeNothing Member

I ordered it for Kindle on my iPhone. It's available electronically on Amazon.
  2. tetloj Member

Not in Australia
  3. YouSeeNothing Member

Oh, shit. Libel laws?

EDIT: I could loan it to you if you had a Kindle. But that requires amazon accounts. Know anyone where it's available that could loan it to you?
  4. tetloj Member

I have a kindle but have never 'loaned' a book using one before
  5. YouSeeNothing Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. i'mglib Member

I had trouble getting it on my Kindle yesterday. Turned it on today and there it is, woot.

Reading it now. So far, I like it.
  7. tetloj Member

8. YouSeeNothing Member

That sucks dingo balls.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. another123 Member

Some hard cover available for shipping to Europe & AU through 3rd party Ebay sellers (but looks like you'll pay a premium price)
  10. firebug Member

Dont know if this has been posted before
    CSI have put up a website disputing a lot of the book
    Warning COS site http://www.lawrencewrightgoingclear.com
    They obviously had a lot of people working on this oh wait they probably had a few sea orgers working 24/7
    I wonder if they would be sec checked after reading the book
    • Like Like x 2
  11. YouSeeNothing Member

Introduction
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. YouSeeNothing Member

Part 1
  13. YouSeeNothing Member

Part 2
  14. YouSeeNothing Member

Part 3

EDIT: There are many more chapter rebuttals. Let me know if you want all of them. My eyes are burning.
  15. DeathHamster Member

Yeah, from Feb 1986 onward, not a one!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 1 EDIT: Anyone suggest how I can remove the italics? I've tried different fonts and applying the ital tag button to no avail.
  17. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 2
  18. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 3.
  19. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 4
  20. Anonymous Member

LOL, that website looks so cheap.... I'm sure nobody is going to take that serious! They could've atleast use an Wordpress Template or something!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. YouSeeNothing Member

I'm gonna ask them to just email me the Word files next time.
  22. YouSeeNothing Member

lawrence-wright-book.png
    They also shooped Larry's photo to make him look evil.

Here's the original image:
    wright_going_clear.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 2
  23. DeathHamster Member

Let's see... Professor Touretzky, researches in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering...

No, I think that you're wrong there.
  24. YouSeeNothing Member

My daughter made an emeter (lie detector) with the electronics kit she got for Christmas. I'm sure the good doctor can unravel that piece o' shite.
  25. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 5.
  26. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 6
  27. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 7

SORRY gotta redo a couple of these. Their links are fuxored.
  28. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 8
  29. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 9
  30. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 10
  31. YouSeeNothing Member

Chapter 11 (last)
  32. Anonymous Member

Is it worth spending any time rebutting the Scientology corporation's arguments against Wright's book? It might save some work for journalists, and prevent them from blindly publishing the company's lies.
  33. firebug Member

I doubt the website will be seen by many people. Its not in the best interest of the church to publicise the book any more than it already is. The site exists so they can say the enturbulation has been handled.
    If anyone is a member of scientology facebook groups it might be a good idea to post a link to the site. It is a COS site so they cant complain of entheta. It might cause some to do further research
  34. DeathHamster Member

The Buffalo org isn't new. It was previously opened in 2003 by Miscavige himself. (San Jose too?)

Is he having blackouts and memory problems?
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

We're doing grand re openings after the second person comes through the doors.
  36. Born2Shop Member

New? Ummm....I did my first scientology course (the "HAS" course) at the Buffalo org forty years ago in early 1973.

Then I guess the "new" opening is a grand re re opening for the third person to walk though the door, me being the first 40 years ago.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  37. DeathHamster Member

That site seems to be full of CoS claims that were exploded years ago. (I don't think that they ever really won a case on the "make a million dollars: start a religion" Hubbard quote, and they've certainly lost quite a few.)

It'd be nice to drop factual napalm on them, but they're going to repeat the same claims over and over, no matter how many times they are disproved.
  38. DeathHamster Member

The new org building was opened in 2003. The old one was torn down by the city for a highway off-ramp. The city gave them a large amount of money for it, that they used to buy a smaller building. The money was enough to buy the building and refurbish it twice over, but they also tapped some Buffalo whales for more funds. (Setting the pattern for all later Ideal Org funding frauds.)

It's the "new org" claim of the 2012 reboot of the Buffalo org in the same building that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense even by Scientology standards.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. HoHoHo My head hurts from reading that, so in the first section they say we are growing, opening "churches", film studios, printing loads of books blah blah blah and...and...really we have done fuck all to help anyone. We are so great that one book can cause us so many problems :mad:
  40. wolfbane Member

Priceless lulz is priceless. However, I find it interesting they did it this way - as a standalone blog copyrighted by CSI - rather than using their usual Freedom rag mag venue where Wright was previously slammed for the New Yorker profile.