Customize

"Going Clear" Screenings in Vancouver - May 2015...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2015.

1. Anonymous Member

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Vancity Theatre Screenings
    (USA, 2015, 119 mins, DCP) Classification: 19+ Director: Alex Gibney
    FEATURING Paul Haggis, Tom Cruise, John Travolta
    1181 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2E8, Canada - 604-683-3456
    Showtimes
    Wednesday, May 13 08:15 pm
    Friday, May 15 10:25 pm
    Saturday, May 16 03:50 pm
    Monday, May 18 06:30 pm
    Wednesday, May 20 01:00 pm

There will be one screening of the documentary at the * Rio Theatre - 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver, BC, Tuesday, May 26th at 6pm.
    Rio@0.jpg
    * RIO Theatre, with the old sign.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Aurora Member

Now available on demand on Rogers cable TV.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Darth Alor Member

so what are you going to do about it?
  4. AuntAnonymous Member

I'm guessing Aurora was going to watch it.
    I did.

ROD (Rogers on Demand) has it as a "New Release" in movies.
    Cost about $7 and available for 48 hours -- to rewatch as many times as you'd like.

HBO Canada will no doubt have it as well so nice to see Rogers grab it.
    Wonder what the other broadcasters will be doing.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ogsonofgroo Member

Heh, great that Canuckle stations didn't get all paranoid like England/Britain/Ireland and capitulate to LRon's minion's threats (OSA, you are so fucking LOLOLOL stupid), but the fact remains that most of us igloo-dwellers who were interested watched the movie a bit back through marvelous majik of interwebs. Besides that, if I lived in a metropolitan area with a decent theater, I'd go just to watch with a bunch of people, hand out some YFTC/flyers/info, and talk to peoples, even after I'd seen it, hm, just makes sense to me probably. Seeing as most anyone with an ounce of savy can already watch it for free, Rogers, Netflix, and all, should make it a very cheap watch for everyone. Its interesting, educational, and a fine source of inoculation to the type of stupid that the cult of scientology offers, its like a public service imho.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

vimeo.com/126798197
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Ogsonofgroo Member

Thanks Wrong Guy, if its hitting things like vimeo then there's no stopping it, i think that it should be all over You Tube (i can smell the Cult cringing) vr soon. I watched it on the day it was released, on my PC, sure, the quality wasn't that great but it isn't some sort of sfx moxie where that matters, its the content. Very well done
    I have a feeling that the people involved with Going Clear are pretty darned happy with how it has gone, I think they've made their money back, and then possibly a whole lot more, so now that the flick is out there on the interwebz, I'd be surprised of any of them complain much that a few lowly basement dwellers spreads the butter eh :)

Hey OSA dudettes&dudes, go see the movie so you can at least confront the questioners... show the world yer powahz... 'and so on and so forth...'

:p
    • Like Like x 4
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Several times for me.