Customize

Google ads

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by themadhair, Jan 7, 2009.

1. themadhair Member

Google ads

And I'm not talking about the 'get the facts' or the Scientology ones either.

Someone sent me a link to a website that he wanted queried. The problem turned out to be the following Google ad:

how2study.jpg

Considering this is on a website where some of the users are stressed-out teenagers, who would be more susceptible to cult shenanigans, it is a worrying to say the least.

Two things spring to mind:

1) How many ads does the cult have and what sites are they targeting.

2) Is it time to think about petitioning google over this? Their advertising program is directly endangering peoples wellbeing by hosting this ads on such sites. the question is can we hit them in the only place where it hurts them - PRwise.

Ideas?
  2. MindsEye Member

Re: Google ads

i think its perfectly reasonable to ask google to stop advertising for them, although they might not take it that seriously at first, we are gonna need something behind the protest to make them accept losing whatever revenue they are receiving from the cult
  3. themadhair Member

Re: Google ads

Mah harpoon:

4. wolfbane Member

Thread necro. Anyone else notice cult google ads are on the rise again? It did not take them long to take advantage of the new adword/google+ feature for interactive block ads:

google-ad.png
    • Like Like x 1