Customize

Google Begins Phasing Out YouTube Accounts (email?)

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by functionunknown, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Google Begins Phasing Out YouTube Accounts (email?)

mashable.com: Google Begins Phasing Out YouTube Accounts

Comment: OK, WTF is this shit? Trying to suck multi-sock-accounts into signing up under 1 Gmail? (like I'm falling for that one...right)

2. lothar Member

Re: Google Begins Phasing Out YouTube Accounts (email?)

Anyone else horribly annoyed you can't log into YT without losing your gmail login or vice versa.
  3. Re: Google Begins Phasing Out YouTube Accounts (email?)

Don't fall for that "all eggs in one basket". According to Google's terms:google.TOS
    Am I reading these terms correctly? I take that as: If you had a youtube channel, a blog and an adsense account all under 1 email, somebody could pull an Ollie on your Youtube account and in the same swoop wipe out your blog and adsense.
  4. Anonymous Member

Don't be evil.

Ha!
  5. Re: Google Begins Phasing Out YouTube Accounts (email?)

I don't understand why this is a big deal.
  6. Anonymous Member

It's not really, but if you have several sock accounts it could require some adjustments. I abhor any additional effort.
  7. Anonymous Member

given the fact that i have several gmail accounts i am not too worryed about this. All it means is the socks just have to put in a little more effort in their creation thats all.
  8. Anonymous Member

It's just a pain in the arse generally for folks who use multiple Google services and have more than one google account.

However:

Google tests multiple accounts in single browser
  9. Anonymous Member

I don't want or need a Google account -- except that Google is apparently determined to force me to do so, by assimilating everything cool on the web. This is the second time Google has eaten a perfectly good site/service I was enjoying and then forced people to start using Google accounts just to keep using that service. Again, I don't want or need a Google account.

Fuck off, Google.

Assholes.
  10. Fuck google.
    soon it will tuen into a cloud with all your personal information and what you really know and think.

People these days fucking disgust me. The Sheer Stupidity and ignorance about what corps and governments really are doing to you, and you dont even Know... is just disgusting.

They will learn EVERYTHING about you. what you watch, learn, eat, where you go, what your interests are, controlling every aspect of what you type on the internet - ie... what you know.

think this is bullshit?
    Go create a fake plot to bomb someones house... search bomb creation videos on youtube.
    Go ahead.
    Youll find yourself in a jail cell never to see the light of day.
    -EVERY HUMAN BEING has the RIGHT to OBTAIN KNOWLEDGE. and should be damned that someone Tries to control, monitor, prevent this knowledge.
    Fuckgoogle.
    This message by Fuckgoogle. has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
  11. A.O.T.F Member

8068649.jpg

DISAGREEMENT: Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg are reportedly at odds over plans for a super-surveillance system for Britain

British lawmakers have demanded the government water down plans to keep track of phone calls, email and Internet activity - a bill critics dub a "snooper's charter."
    The Communications Data Bill would force telecoms service providers to retain for a year records of all phone and email traffic and website visits, though not the content of calls and messages.
    The data on billions of emails, tweets, texts, calls and Internet hits would be available to police forces, the National Crime Agency and the revenue and customs service. The bill as it stands gives the government the power to extend that access to other agencies.
    Home Secretary Theresa May has called the proposals "sensible and limited" measures to prevent crime and terrorism.
    But an all-party parliamentary committee scrutinizing the legislation said the draft bill was "overkill and ... much wider than the specific needs identified by the law enforcement agencies."
    The committee said the bill would give the home secretary - Britain's interior minister - powers to order communications companies to disclose "potentially limitless categories of data."
    "There is a fine but crucial line between allowing our law enforcement and security agencies' access to the information they need to protect the country, and allowing our citizens to go about their daily business without a fear, however unjustified, that the state is monitoring their every move," said the committee's chair, Conservative peer David Maclean.
    The proposals have split Britain's coalition government, which contains both law-and-order minded Conservatives and members of the Liberal Democrats, who campaigned on a promise to curb government intrusion and protect civil liberties.
    Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, leader of the Liberal Democrats, said the law required a "fundamental rethink".
    "We cannot proceed with this bill and we have to go back to the drawing board," he said.
    Security Minister James Brokenshire, a Conservative, said the government would amend the legislation in an attempt to get it through Parliament.
    "We know that there is work that needs to be done and I absolutely accept that," he told BBC radio.

A.O.T.F
    This message by A.O.T.F has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
  12. Ersatz Global Moderator

Moved the derail to the dome. You two go fight it out there plz.
  13. Anonymous Member

Surprised this post didn't get fried (bolded for reason and yes I reported it):