Customize

Google Is Ruining YouTube~

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ogsonofgroo, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Ogsonofgroo Member

Google is wrecking YouTube~ Petition!

As I am sure many have noticed, the Gods of Google have been seriously screwing with You Tube users in a most messy way, now they are forcing people into Google+ accounts to even comment on videos. I, and I'm sure many others, are very pissed off at being forced to connect accounts and such crap, threatening our very own security and privacy.
    Here is a link to a petition to ask YT to revert their comments section and how it works back to the way it was.
    https://www.change.org/petitions/google-change-the-youtube-comment-section-back-to-its-original-form

Please take the time to sign and pass this along to your friends etc. They have almost the 35,000 sigs needed (600 more needed as of this writing, shouldn't take long as 70+ were added while I signed it and commented), go tell 'em what you think. Edit> hmm, looks like they're aiming for 50k, my bad, already over 35k since I posted, some pretty unhappy people out there google, you should pay attention.

FUCK YOU GOOGLE+ Didn't need or want you back when, don't want or need you now!

grrrrrrrrrrrr!

WARNING! ~Do not post this petition link on your YouTube channel or in comments over there as apparently people are getting their accounts suspended for doing so, gee thanks Google, ruining YouTube is certainly going to make you many friends...not!~

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

*Edit/Update~ Since I posted this over at ESMB a day ago the petition is on its way to 75k signees and stands at over 66,000 atm, will the fools in Google's management team pay attention? *shrugz* It is so fucked up now over at YT it is pathetic, I've now got 5-6 fucking Google+ pages, all the fucking same, that I can't get rid of without totally screwing up my once awesome channel, rotten bastads! grrrrrrrrrrrr!

^^^ This does not bode well :( ^^^
    *Update~ petition over 75K and going viral *happy-dance*
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  3. Anonymous Member

One of the best ways to protest is to switch the license for all your uploaded videos from the "Standard Youtube License" to the "Creative Commons License" which frees you that much more from Google.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

GOOGLE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

I had a fake name on a google + account I never used...now it's tied to my YouTube channel and google tries to get me to rename my YouTube channel. Man there are trying their best to end anonymity
  6. Anonymous Member

Google had been taken over as the number one briefly in summer. They will do whatever they can to keep number two at bay, that's evil FB. If you guys don't fucking use FB, Google wouldn't have to force the rest of us to social. I can't stop using fucking FB because all my enemies are there.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. A.O.T.F Member

I'll just leave that there in bold
  8. Anonymous Member

Google is like the plague, bloody hard to avoid.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TorontosRoot Member

I signed and shared it.
    Also got barred from the youtube facebook page when I linked it in a comment on a post. Apparently the words "change" "org" and "petition" are blocked and result in an instant BAN with post/comments removed instantly.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

11. Anonymous Member

OMG MySpace, capital of the 13 year old girls.
  12. Anonymous Member

Excellent, I think I still have one of those from wayyy back, not too shabby an idea! :p
  13. Ogsonofgroo Member

14. TorontosRoot Member

If a protest were to occur at every google office/headquarters in every country/state/provincial/city it was located, it would certainly make the news in some form of the media. Their main headquarters would be the ideal location for one.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

I agree TR, general media is pretty slow on this one, but what else is new. I think Google has shot itself in the foot massively with this latest move, the bitching and moaning has only begun and likely will kill Google+~ nobody wanted it in the first place, even less will now.
  16. TorontosRoot Member

I can see people migrating away from googletube completely now, in protest, or as a result of all that nonsense and forcing us to switch just to be able to like/favourite/comment/make or add to a playlist, videos. It's such a shame really. I might even switch all of my videos to creative commons at one point so nothing is licensed, this way, nobody can monetise it, even if it's "claimed", fuck, it still gets reverted to the standard license if that happens.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Its a real bitch. I just cant pass up the opportunity of my enemies telegraphing and documenting their every move.
  18. Anonymous Member

Yes as soon as the ContentID finds part of a song somewhere in the background audio of your entire video, youtube automatically changes the license back from Creative Commons to the "Standard Youtube license".

Even when youtube offers to "remove the copyrighted music" audio part from your video, the change of license isn't reverted. You have to manually switch it to Creative Commons again!
  19. Anonymous Member

Project "Move Movies"? - i.e. Anon / Co$ stuff is moved from YT to Google-free services? Then delete stuff @ YT?
  20. DeathHamster Member

They can't see to make up their minds about my CaptainDavie1x1 account. First they made me get a Google id as well the YouTube one, then they auto-extended it to Google+, then rejected it from Google+ and told me that it wasn't a valid real name, then now I think it's back again.

Whatever.
  21. BlooAnon Member

Saw this yesterday. Thought it would be appreciated here: NSFW (language)

I had a fake name on youtube and they asked me FIVE TIMES if I wanted to keep that name or to join it up with my gmail account. FIVE TIMES I told them I wanted to keep the fake name since it's kinda connected to a branding that I've given myself. Because I kept those two things separate, they have given me two Google+ accounts. Yeah. That makes sense.
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

Story is growing legs:

'F*CK YOU GOOGLE+' vid missy scoops FAT WAD of CASH - for Google
    Astonishing media coup as ad giant manages to monetise HATE:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/11/google_plus_disappointment/

Youtube co-founder objects to Google+ integration- The Inquirer
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2306153/youtube-co-founder-objects-to-google-integration

YouTube's comments section's revamp gets thumbs down - The Times of India
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...amp-gets-thumbs-down/articleshow/25583062.cms

'Completely RUINED': Thousands petition YouTube to change back comments section
    http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...nge-back-comments-section-20131111-2xb6g.html

Comment censorship is the Church of Scientology's thing, so to jeopardize our anonymity by forcing us to create google+ accounts to comment blows big time.
  24. JohnnyRUClear Member

Well... I did tell you Google wasn't your friend. *chuckle*

Once upon a time I had a YT account. I left when Google ate YT and then forced everyone to get a Google account to use YT even when we already had YT accounts. So this is nothing new for them; it just seems to have cheesed off more people this time.

P.S. I wasn't the only Cassandra on this.
  25. They are listening to the customers but the customers are the people with the ad's and google will do whatever they want to keep them happy. We are but mere content creators and user and of no real value to google.
  26. Anonymous Member

Some more opinions from content creators
  27. Anonymous Member

Sounds like Scientology
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. JohnnyRUClear Member

From the first 8 minutes or so, it seems that they all like Google+. A bit of the old Bobby Knight rape counseling school going on there.

Monopoly is good! Hail our providential overlords!
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

They certainly go over equally good and bad aspects of it later, reviewing a table that lists both.
  31. Anonymous Member

Moar commentary
  32. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. JohnnyRUClear Member

So good to see more people realizing the irony of "Google is your frieeeeeeeeeeeend".
  35. This unholy marriage of Google+ and YouTube, along with the downright rejection of it by the massed internet horde, has already been beneficial to the Scientologists - who are not bothered by unholy marriages, it seems.

They've been able to muster enough likes for their YouTube videos lately to keep a healthy ratio above the dislikes. I offer the evidence from this thread: https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ng-patriots-vs-colts-nfl-playoff-game.116305/

They still have a 4:1 ratio of likes to dislikes for their latest ad. This would be unheard of if not for the Google+ account requirement, a simple hoop which Scientologists are glad to jump through.

The video:

I thought I'd bring this up since I noticed it and I thought it was concerning. Though most of us dislike the pairing between Google+ and Youtube, maybe the wedding gift we need to send is socks. Lots of socks.
  36. What Google is doing is a crime. They are basically murdering YouTube. As with any murder we must look at means, motive and opportunity.

Means: Yes the have the means.
    Opportunity: Pretty much ditto.
    Motive: This is where the case gets interesting. Why would people at Google do these things and continue to perpetrate them after such a backlash? They would have to be rather devoid of motion, cold and calculated. Many of you no doubt have a light going off in your head now and you are correct, Google has become sentient. There are no more humans involved (at least at the higher level).

This also explains many other things, why Google is acquiring so many robotic companies, why when you read statements from Google you only ever read them. When was the last time you saw a human announce something on behalf of Google? Exactly! Never.

Google knows all about Metcalfe's law, it knows this because it Googled it. This is why it's forcing people to use G+, it's increasing the number of points in the network to become even more sentient.

It won't be long now before it's able to transport itself into these robots and completely conquer the human race. Sure there will be pockets of resistance, people who used Bing, Vimeo or DuckDuckGo and the like. But let's face the facts, ducks will never stand a chance against military grade robots.

The end is nigh, we can no longer post Anonymously here and soon everywhere else.

These final hours will become to be known as...

World War G
    (starring Brad Pitt)
  37. Anonylemmi Member

I am hanging on to my DuckDuckGo until they pry it from my cold dead hand.
    • Like Like x 3
  38. Anonymous Member

An interesting recent story in the Epoch Times:
    http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/433...acebook-twitter-youtube-becomes-big-business/

Selling Clicks on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Becomes Big Business

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Celebrities, businesses and even the U.S. State Department have bought bogus Facebook likes, Twitter followers or YouTube viewers from offshore “click farms,” where workers tap, tap, tap the thumbs up button, view videos or retweet comments to inflate social media numbers.

When software engineers wrote computer programs, for example, to generate lucrative fake clicks, tech giants fought back with software that screens out “bot-generated” clicks and began regularly sweeping user accounts.

YouTube wiped out billions of music industry video views last December after auditors found some videos apparently had exaggerated numbers of views. Its parent-company, Google, is also constantly battling people who generate fake clicks on their ads.

And Facebook, whose most recent quarterly report estimated as many as 14.1 million of its 1.18 billion active users are fraudulent accounts, does frequent purges. That’s particularly important for a company that was built on the principle that users are real people.

Twitter’s Jim Prosser said there’s no upside. “In the end, their accounts are suspended, they’re out the money and they lose the followers,” he said.

LinkedIn spokesman Doug Madey said buying connections “dilutes the member experience,” violates their user agreement and can also prompt account closures.

Google and YouTube “take action against bad actors that seek to game our systems,” said spokeswoman Andrea Faville.

Dhaka, Bangladesh, a city of 7 million in South Asia, is an international hub for click farms.

The CEO of Dhaka-based social media promotion firm Unique IT World said he has paid workers to manuallyclick on clients’ social media pages, making it harder for Facebook, Google and others to catch them. “Those accounts are not fake, they were genuine,” Shaiful Islam said.

A recent check on Facebook showed Dhaka was the most popular city for many, including soccer star Leo Messi, who has 51 million likes; Facebook’s own security page, which has 7.7 million likes; and Google’s Facebook page, which has 15.2 million likes.

In 2013, the State Department, which has more than 400,000 likes and was recently most popular in Cairo, said it would stop buying Facebook fans after its inspector general criticized the agency for spending $630,000 to boost the numbers.

In one case, its fan tally rose from about 10,000 to more than 2.5 million.

[Much more at the link...]

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/433...acebook-twitter-youtube-becomes-big-business/

... and related:

5 Things to Know About ‘Click Farms’

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/433295-5-things-to-know-about-click-farms/
    • Like Like x 1
  39. TorontosRoot Member

Strange... we cannot post anonymously anymore?