Customize

Greece Debt Default

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

2. xenubarb Member

"We're sorry, but our debt is Too Big To Pay Back."

Heh. Holy crap this is gonna get ugly. Have we ever determined how we're gonna pay back all that money we borrowed from our political enemy, China?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

This was bound to happen. Greece is so corrupt, they artificially claimed to be far more wealthy than they were - gamble didn't pay off when it was time to pay up.

I say sell a couple of their islands to the Russians.
    Kos and Rhodes, they'll raise enough funds. Maybe Corfu too. They can settle some of the debts then.
  4. naveman Member

I predict a full out Keynesion attack by ECB or not.
  5. Anonymous Member

OpForcloseGreece
  6. Anonymous Member

They will send their scammers to the US to take advantage of the confusion around health insurance reform and "managing" electronic records. There will be new EHR or electronic heath record companies and managed care companies formed that are miraculously successful. Investors will invest. Leveraged takeovers of small and struggling clinics will follow. Firing people and selling off assets will look like profit on paper, provoking more investment. Many shell companies will be formed to hide assets as bits of the conglomerate go bankrupt. Rinse repeat until a few hundred guys have their own helicopters while the rest of us struggle on with our cancer and diabeetus and only a yoga instructor to guide us.
  7. Anonymous Member

You USers just love to make enemies out of anyone. All your base will one day belong to the Chinese, and I will laugh my ass off.
  8. Anonymous Member

This is your brain on drugs.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

I hope Greece defaults and breaks up the EU. Argentina has experienced a major economic resurgence since telling the IMF to go fuck itself. Look it up.

BTW, the Greeks were to ones who came up with "democracy". Now that they are actually practicing it, they get reviled by the ignorant and their would-be creditors.

Yiasou, malaka!
  10. Demented LRH Member

A BBC political analyst explained what is happening in Greece. The opposition forced the PM’s hand because they kept telling the public that they could get a better deal from EU, which is a lie. The PM decided to conduct a referendum because he wants some concessions from the opposition and does not see another way of getting them. This is a very risky tactics that is likely to backfire.
    The Geek opposition are boostee
  11. DeathHamster Member

How will that be any different from the current situation?
  12. Anonymous Member

I baggsie the Cyclades.
  13. Anonymous Member

Just more of the same shell game bullshit that we saw with the dot coms and the mortgage fiascoes. Health insurance is the just latest frontier. The Greeks still have time to join in the feeding frenzy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Healthcare_Services
    I would like to see Occupy Wall Street move toward developing rational public benefit tests. The public good must have a seat at the negotiations table when corporations are eating each other to fuel ponzi-scheme-type unsustainable growth.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

FIFY. Obvious troll is obvious.
  15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

Corporate buyouts should have to be done with hard cash & assets--none of this current stuff leveraged with junk ghost money.
  17. Anonymous Member

Exactly.
  18. grebe Member

I don't know what junk ghost money is because I didn't go to MBA school where you learn how to make it, or how to feel like you are worth three times as much money as other employees.

I think scammers be teaching at those MBA places.
  19. Anonymous Member

Yeah, it's the whole junk bond scam crap over and over again.

Grab control of a whole bunch of junk assets (like fraudulent mortgages).
    Use the face value of those ghost assets to buy other companies.
    Strip mine their real assets to fuel the next cycle.
    Rinse repeat.
  20. Anonymous Member

Say what you want about the massive scam that was WorldCom, at least they never got involved in banking.
  21. Anonymous Member

Check out this guy, Walter Anderson:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Anderson_(tax_evader)

And then for something curious, read an older Wikipedia entry:
    ttp://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Walter_Anderson_%28tax_evader%29&oldid=420400888

Probably just a copypasta in the wrong place. But Walter Anderson #1 liked to collect a lot of art, and a lot of IRL sock puppets. A very amazing scammer who liked space flight a lot, just like Hubbard.