Customize

Green Beret discharged for saving child sex slave

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Disambiguation, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...axed-for-rescuing-Afghan-child-sex-slave.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-kicked-out-after-confronting-accused-afghan/
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Kilia Member

Sorry Dis, I refuse to watch FauxNews.
  3. Ethics Bait Member

And thereby cut yourself off from other points of view. You must not have much curiosity.

But, he provided two links.

When we speak of rape culture, I don't think of the US, where the prevalence of rape has been decreasing for years. I think of 'honor' cultures where rape is a weapon, a part of the accepted culture,, as we see in the story above.

This is why cultural relativism is such a nasty concept. There are acts that are crimes no matter who does them, what culture, what time and place they happen in. To deny our soldiers the ability to address these issues is to destroy the esprit de corps of the soldiers.
  4. Kilia Member

Ethics Bait:
    My late hubby -rest his soul- was a Fox News watcher. I've had my fill, thank you.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RightOn Member

sorry about your hubby.
    But I laughed at this post.
    Faux news should be outlawed.
    edited: wait....than that would be squashing free speech. They need to at least add disclaimers. LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ethics Bait Member

The first thought of a progressive: to ban what they don't like.
    Second thought, when they realized they just went out of bounds by wanting to ban free speech, add trigger warnings in order to scare people away.

And here I thought we lived in a liberal society. Silly me.
  7. RightOn Member

I would like to ban the COS because it hurts people
    I would like to ban Faux News because it hurts minds :p
    Chill baby
    • Like Like x 1
  8. How about TYT ?

• Like Like x 1