Customize

Green Brief #100 June 12th

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jun 12, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #100

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and am not reporting any information that I could not confirm.

June 12, 2010

Protests/General news

1. The Regime released a documentary last night on the life of Neda. In the documentary they claimed that Neda was killed by foreign agencies in an attempt to sabotage the Regime. For the real documentary on Neda visit this link.

2. The first protest of the day was not from the green movement but from retired workers of the pars wagon company. They demanded the government run company to pay them their dues and pensions.

3. Students protesting at Tehran University were met with heavy resistance from security forces. Mean while students at Sharif University were completely surrounded by police.

4. Protesters gathering at Enghelab square were met with resistance by 100s of plainclothes militia. Security forces blocked streets and intersections around Enghelab to stop people from gathering. Security forces blocked off the western road out of Enghelab square to block people from getting to Azadi square. Basij threw rocks at people fleeing Enghelab square.

5. Tear gas was used by security forces to disperse crowds at Vali-e Asr Square.

6. Numbers of those arrested today have not been confirmed. However, rumors indicate at least 31 arrests: 12 in Enghelab Avenue, 6 near Tehran University, and 3 in Vali-e Asr Square, and 10 in Mashaad.

7. Many people prematurely declared that nothing was going to happen on the streets of Tehran. Lindsey Hilsum of Britain’s Channel 4, an excellent reporter, moved far too quickly to her keyboard this afternoon, posting: “The streets of Tehran are almost deserted today; it seems, apart from clusters of riot police and basij militia on motorbikes.” Ali Akbar Dareini of the Associated Press summarized the day with: “The one-year anniversary of Iran’s disputed election passed quietly Saturday with little more than a subdued Internet appeal by opposition leaders for supporters to speak out on the Web against government repression.” It seem no one took into account that it is summer in Iran; people were most likely waiting until the heat of the day was almost over.

Arrests/Sentences

1. Kamran Asa has been freed on bail.

2. Davoud Roshani, a member of the reformist Islamic Iran Participation Front, has been arrested.

3. Abdolreza Tajik, journalist, human rights activist, and member of the National-Religious Front, was arrested today for the third time in the past year.

As I am now coming back and doing the brief I need translators once again. I want to get the brief to as many people as possible. Send me an email at c_weible@hotmail.com if you are willing to translate.
  2. green brief 100

"As I am now coming back and doing the brief "

On a regular base?
    And if so, when 1xdaily or 1xweekly?
    I think that a kind of scheme is necessary to attract and keep readers.
  3. green brief 100

That was me, posting
    @mumke
  4. when ever what ever how ever

as you can.

in such as your situation keeping such as i informed is not something that can be kept to a timetable.

checking this site is a constant in my life.

i'm sure i'm not the only one.

as you can.

gratitude to you is mine.
  5. Still Here

We're still out there, watching and listening. Keep up the good work man.