Customize

Green brief #89 jan 20

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jan 20, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #89

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and am not reporting any information that I could not confirm.

January 20th 2010

Protests/General news

1. Today the pro-regime newspaper Kayhan reported that they had identified those responsible for the death of professor Ali-Mohammadi. They stated that Iran’s judiciary should go after Mir Hossein Mousavi, Mohammad Khatami, and Mehdi Karroubi who are partners with the “black triangle” of the CIA, Mossad, and Britain’s MI6.

2. While almost all of the “Mothers of mourning” have been released, Persian2English highlights the case of one supporter who is reported to be in solitary confinement in Evin Prison.

3. Six prominent professors of Allameh Tabatabei University have been relieved of their duties.

4. University professors have published a “last will”, to be retrieved after their demises: “I, Professor XXXXXX, killed by a bomb/bullet/fallen from a high floor/ suffocated with a string/fallen in a sulphuric acid bath hereby declare that 1) I was not a nuclear scientist, 2) I was never a supporter of Ahmadinejad.”

5. In a prolonged Press TV advertisement for the regime, Presidential candidate Mohsen Rezaei has blamed the post-election conflict on opposition candidates (Mousavi, Karroubi) who refused to act within the law and on foreign powers trying to unsettle the regime.

6. Ali Reza Beheshti, Mir Hossein Mousavi’s chief advisor, has suffered a heart attack in detention. It adds, however, that Beheshti has contacted his family and said that he is now better.

Arrests/Sentences/Releases

1. journalist Nasrin Vaziri has been released after 23 days in prison.

2. Mohsen Safai Farahani, recently sentenced to six years in prison, will be released today on bail of $700.000 $ for five days during the appeal against the verdict.

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests Protests in Iran

I still need translators so if you know another language and can translate send me an email to c_weible@hotmail.com. If you are translating the Green Brief already could you send me an email so I can get a list of those who are translating it and into what language.