Customize

Green Brief #90 Jan 21

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jan 21, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #90

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and am not reporting any information that I could not confirm.

Today's Green Brief is short, I wrote it while I was waiting to pick up Nasrin from the airport.

January 21, 2010

Protests/General news

1. The following 15 newspaper have been threatened with suspension for inappropriate material, Tehran Emrooz, Bahar, Tose’e, Rouzan, Jahan-e Eqtesad, Ettelaat, Etemaad, Asrar, Jahan-e San’at, Mardomsalari, Arman-e Ravabet-e Omumi, Jomhouri, Poul, Farhikhtegan, and Afarinesh.

2. The fight over the future of former Tehran Prosecutor General and Ahmadinejad aide Saeed Mortazavi continues. The Ahmadinejad has expressed determination to defend Mortazavi against accusations of responsibility for detainee abuses.

3. The Tehran Prosecutor-General, Abbas Jafari Doulatabadi, has declared that anyone who associates with the Committee for Human Right Reporters is a “criminal”.

4. The reformist Mohajedin of Islamic Revolution have issued a protest against the arrests of political activists, journalists, and students and the attacks on valuable members of the Islamic Republic for pseudo-offences, demanding their immediate release.

5. Two of the Allameh Tabatabei University professors who have been banned from teaching are prominent political philosopher Seyed Morteza Mardiha and women’s rights activist Saba Vasefi.

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests Protests in Iran

I still need translators so if you know another language and can translate send me an email to c_weible@hotmail.com. If you are translating the Green Brief already could you send me an email so I can get a list of those who are translating it and into what language.

Starting tomorrow I will have a co-writer helping me with the Green Brief, her name is Nasrin, she is from Afghanistan. However she has been attending Tehran University since last year so she will be giving her own take on things. She’ll be staying here in the US with me for a few weeks.