Customize

Green Brief #91 Jan 24

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jan 24, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #91

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and am not reporting any information that I could not confirm.

January 24, 2010

Protests/General news

1. Persian2English has published a set of pictures from the “birthday ceremony” at Neda Agha Soltan’s grave yesterday.

2. The head of Iran’s judiciary, Sadegh Larijani, has again warned of those seeking to create divisions within Iranian society, announcing that the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance will be more vigilant in monitoring and punishing publications over false information.

3. Fereshteh Ghazi has published a lengthy article on those arrested after the election, including the detentions of family members of activists, the lack of information on Ashura and post-Ashura detainees, and the health of prisoners such as former Foreign Minister Ebrahim Yazdi.

4. Ahmadinejad has presented his budget proposals to Iran’s Parliament, the Majlis. He summarised, “Emphasizing a reduction of dependence on oil revenues and an increase of non-oil revenues, with a focus on industry, agriculture and housing —these are among the main attributes of the bill,” before making his pitch, “I hope that the bill will be passed with the cooperation of all lawmakers who solve the problems of the country and pave the way for the development of Islamic Iran.”

5. I’m going to let Nasrin discuss her take on the bank situation in Iran.

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests Protests in Iran

I still need translators so if you know another language and can translate send me an email to c_weible@hotmail.com. If you are translating the Green Brief already could you send me an email so I can get a list of those who are translating it and into what language.

Hi, everyone this Nasrin, this is my first time adding a section to the Brief, so I’d like to take a moment to introduce myself. I’m originally from Afghanistan; however I moved to Iran last year to attend school in Tehran. I along with several others refused to take our final exams because several of our fellow students were jailed. I left Iran after several of my friends were arrested, and now I’m here in the states. So I’m going to tell you a little about the bank situation in Iran. When I left Iran the banks were limiting the amount of money a person could withdraw a day. Some banks were even running out of money and would have to close early. Many people were very angry about the restrictions on withdrawals. Obviously since I left the bank situation has gotten much worse, I don’t see it getting any better either. I think that as the situation gets worse more people will begin questioning the government, which could lead to more people joining the Green Movement. This is my first of many segments on the Brief. I want to ask everyone that reads this a favor, please pray for my friends and everyone protesters in Iran. Thank you. Also if you follow codeman177 on twitter, I will be putting NS before any of my tweets so you know if its codeman or me.

Sorry, this Brief is short someone, Nasrin, got me sick from eating Chinese.

oh I forgot something else if you want to see and very good video for 22 Bahman go [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1axCX53Pyg&feature=player_embedded"]here[/ame]