Customize

Green Brief #93 22 Bahman

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Feb 10, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #93

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could
    begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and am not reporting any information that I could not confirm.

February 11, 2010 – 22 Bahman

As today is an important day I’m going to put out several mini briefs throughout the day today. As this information is based on events that are just now taking place most of this information is not confirmed yet.

Protests/General news

1. Masses of green protesters have flooded the streets of Tabriz and Tehran; no clashes have been reported yet.

2. Iran’s telecommunications agency has permanently suspended Google’s email service, saying that a national email service would soon be available for the Iranian people.

3. Basij and police forces are positioned all along the protest path. More and more security forces are being moved into Tehran.

4. Death to the Dictator is being chanted by protesters north of Azadi Square, Basij forces have gathered at bus stops near Azadi Square to stop more protesters from gathering.

5. There are reports of heavy security presence north of Enghelab Square.

6. Chinese Riot control vehicles have reportedly been seen in central Tehran.

7. There is a report of a large crowd moving along Seyed Khandan bridge right across Khaje Nasir St.

8. The regime has set up several propaganda Speakers for pro-regime speeches. Some unconfirmed reports indicate that some of these may have been taken down.

Media

CNN now has a section of its website dedicated to the protests Protests in Iran

I still need translators so if you know another language and can translate send me an email to c_weible@hotmail.com. If you are translating the Green Brief already could you send me an email so I can get a list of those who are translating it and into what language.

If you want up to date news follow @media4iran @lissnup @shh527 @JShahryar
  2. I've now been hearing rumors that the basij are attacking protestors in Sadeghie and Aryashahr.
  3. Current Rumors:
    Karroubi was attacked, car severely damaged is injured. Most likely he's out for today.
    Someone shot at Ashrafi Esfahani Street.
    Bus full of Basijs were set on fire.