Customize

Green Brief #96 June 7th

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jun 7, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #96

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and am not reporting any information that I could not confirm.

June 7, 2010

Protests/General news

1. Thirteen prisoners were hung today at Ghezelhesar Prison. Thirteen more are awaiting execution. All those executed were charged with drug trafficking.

2. A fourteenth prisoner was executed today at Isfahan.

3. Human rights activists and blogger, Reza Akvanian has been sentenced to one year in prison with five more years suspended.

4. Mousavi and Karroubi meet today to discuss the events that took place on June 4th at the memorial ceremony for Ayatollah Khomeini. For those of you who don’t know; pro-government thugs insulted Seyyed Khomeini, grandson of Ayatollah Khomeini, causing him to leave the podium during his speech. They also discussed events taking place on June 12th.

5. The ministry of the interior has rejected two applications for marches on June 12th. They have also requested more information from six other organizations.

6. Parliament speaker Larijani and Ahmadinejad are at odds over whether or not the government’s actions are covered by parliamentary legislation. Larijani is claiming that the government’s actions are not covered by legislation; While Ahmadinejad claims that parliamentary laws are not covered by the constitution. “the plan to make changes to the law of development and support of housing, the plan for admission of students in vocational and technical schools as well as teachers colleges, and finally miscellaneous accessions to budgets approved by the parliament without observing provisions set forth in the Islamic Republic Constitution

Arrests

1 Journalist Badrosadat Mofidi has been released from detention.

2. Teachers union activists, Beheshti Langeroudi has been re-arrested.

Misc

Lssnup wrote this and felt that everyone needed read it.

Those of us that remain, after almost one year, are the steadfast.

We have found the strength to stay because we know if we run away, Iran
    will be alone in it's darkest hour.

We stay because we have been given a chance to make a difference, which will have impact for the ENTIRE WORLD

We stay because it is the right thing to do. The only thing worth doing.

We stay because we have managed to achieve the unimagined, and we intend to keep doing it.

And we stay because, many months later, our pleas for help from political organizations still fall upon deaf ears.

We are not the ones who try to divert attention away from Iran by invoking the ghosts of old news.

We are not the ones who try to undermine the events in Iran using baseless arguments on unrelated subjects.

We are not those who hope to profit from prolonged unrest or bloodshed for their own evil aims.

We are not the hypocrites who pretend to care, but are ready to line their pockets and turn their backs on Iran

We are not those who try to impose their own agenda, calling for a different color, a different ideal.

We are Green. We are #IranElection. We are journalists. We are diarists. We are historians. We are the media.

Yes, we write words. But our words are bullets. We are warriors for Iran.
    Those of us here from the beginning, have been proud to echo the chants
    heard in Iran.

A lifetime ago, we all said "Don't be afraid: we are all together". We still are ALL together.

Who are we? We are many. We are countless. We ARE #IranElection. Ma bishomarim! Ma hastim!

These are the names I could confirm of those who we executed today. May they never be forgotten.

Baghi Amini

Sanjar Touztahi

Nader Azarnoush

Mohamad Jafari

Mohamad Azarfam

Kazem Tashteki

Masoud Amir

Abdolhousein Soltanabadi

Ahmad Shahbakhsh

As I am now coming back and doing the brief I need translators once again. I want to get the brief to as many people as possible.
  2. spaz926 Member

I will get an audio track up, hopefully by the end of the day.

How often do you expect to post?
  3. codeman177 Moderator

I plan on doing a brief everyday if I can.
  4. spaz926 Member

Wow, I'm not sure how to do that. I know I won't be able to get an audio track for the GBs everyday. Not sure how often I should do them.

ALSO!
    Would you mind me putting this on my blog?
  5. Glad to see this being done again. All the best.