Customize

Green Brief #99 June 11th

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by codeman177, Jun 11, 2010.

1. codeman177 Moderator

Green Brief #99

By Codeman177 – http:/twitter.com/codeman177

Since Niteowl has started posting on his own blog, I have asked if I could begin publishing the Green Brief so that everyone on wwp would once again have a summary of the day’s news from Iran. I, like Niteowl, have gotten all of my information from reliable tweets and am not reporting any information that I could not confirm.

June 11, 2010

Protests/General news

1. Iranians are receiving the following text message from the Ministry of Intelligence: “Dear citizens, You have been deceived and foreign media to do their work. If you repeat this action, you will be punished under Islamic law.”

2. The Guardian interviewed Zahra Rahnavard, the wife of Mir Hossein Mousavi; she discussed the green movement and what has transpired since last year. She stated that she is ready to face the gallows for the movement. The full interview can be read here

3. Allah Akbar and marg bar dictator were shouted again last night.

4. The World wide day of protests now include at total of 83 cities.

5. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization which is adding new guidelines to include more members in the organization has stated that it will not allow a country under UN sanctions to obtain membership. Iran currently has “observer” status in the organization.

Arrests/Sentences

1. Ahmad Ghabel has been released on bail of more than $500,000, almost six months after his arrest.

2. Narges Mohammad has been arrested by security forces during a late-night raid on her home.

As I am now coming back and doing the brief I need translators once again. I want to get the brief to as many people as possible. Send me an email at c_weible@hotmail.com if you are willing to translate.

I know its short but I’m saving my energies for the busy day tomorrow.

With tomorrow being June 12th I want to ask everyone to pray for the Iranians taking to the streets.

May Allah protect our friends tomorrow.