Customize

Gregg Housh on The True Story: Die Hard 4.0

Discussion in 'Anonymous News' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

Complete with Anon logo on his computer screen.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

Someone would have to be there physically to get the infrastructure to crash. DDOS attacks can bring things off line, but actual hacking not so much.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

Married life seems to agree with Gregg. He's put on a few pounds. Looking like an old married guy. Good on him.
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Anonymous Member

lots more grey in the hair and beard... dang we are all getting OLD!
  7. Anonymous Member

I hope they have babies. First outside member of wwp gets to choose the name. I say yes, yep.
  8. Anonymous Member

They're busy raising kids already, FYI.
  9. A.O.T.F Member

It was in actuality this article

ghscreen.jpg

dh4.jpg

Hmmmmm!
  10. Anonymous Member

11. A.O.T.F Member

^ Don't give me your Manson Lamps :D
  12. RightOn Member

13. meep meep Member

14. Orgsclosed Member

http://www.nextgov.com/cybersecurity/2015/03/how-easy-it-dox-official-secretary-state/106746/
    • Like Like x 3
  15. http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...her-poole-reveals-why-he-walked-away-20150313
  16. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Bump for anything new about Housh
  17. http://www.austinmonitor.com/stories/2015/05/website-hack-shines-light-project-connect/
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Passcode/2015/0624/Mr.-Robot-a-hit-with-actual-hackers
  19. RightOn Member

still calling Anonymous a "havtavist collective"? :confused:
    That is so 2008
  20. gregg Member

• Like Like x 3
  21. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  22. gregg Member

Good evening.

Completely random, but I was just thinking that Aaron Paul should play young Han Solo.

I think I average 1 post a year at this point? Ruining that average tonight.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Bored eh?
    Here's free form verse from spam

Dark suit you know colossal afro stroll around this world
    suchlike a painting lion
    inundated of sprightliness
    I was not just be make surfeit
    to be honest I don't think it's that close.

How's the guinea pig?
  24. Always good to see you gregg.
  25. gregg Member

Thanks for that. All things considered I should probably post around here more often.
    • Like Like x 5
  26. Yes plox
    Quite forum these days.
    Best to you and fam
  27. A.O.T.F Member

Yes, yes you should.
  28. we average the same amount of post XD horrible!
    • Like Like x 1
  29. gregg Member

I miss you sir.
  30. Why 'Mr. Robot' is one of the best shows on TV: http://touchvision.com/video/105423

“When I first saw the pilot coming up on a year ago now, the first thing I thought was I know that guy, I know many people who I would identify as that guy” said Gregg Housh, a hacker consultant and renowned former Anonymous hacktivist.

Housh is well known in Anonymous circles for creating the influential first Anonymous protest video, “Message to Scientology,” and for helping create a lot of the Anonymous branding you see today, like the utilization of the Guy Fawkes mask. Housh said he loves all the nods to Anonymous in the show, from the use of a mask in video messages by the hacking group Elliot joins to the style of the videos, and credits some of Mr. Robot’s success to its emphasis on realism.

“We’re so used to shows like CSI: Cyber, shows like Scorpion, who get literally everything wrong they can’t even by accident get things right, they’re so bad,” Housh said.

[...]

The 1995 movie Hackers is a prime example of how show business has sensationalized hacking. Housh once met a producer and hacking consultant for the movie and said the guy could “barely use his phone” -- a guy consulting specifically on scenes about hacking. Now, though, 20 years later, it seems Hollywood is actually making an effort to reach out to the hacking community, because “they’re learning that people really want this level of realism” Housh said, citing House of Cards and Breaking Bad as examples. (Housh worked as a consultant on the House of Cards.)

"When you look at what they are doing, sure every now and then there is little fumbles but 99 percent of what he is doing is stuff that people might actually do, it's command lines, it's typing it's -- there's no giant 3D visuals, any Gibsons, it's realistic," Housh said.
  31. and he wears a hoodie
  32. gregg Member

Ugh. She knows I did not create it single handedly, and that a team of people actually did. That always annoys me.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. A.O.T.F Member

Mr Robot - Your thoughts on the series, Gregg. Does it pass muster?
  34. gregg Member

I'm a huge fan and think it absolutely passes muster.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. A.O.T.F Member

Episode 8 is brilliant. Who would have thought, huh. Re: The ending.
  36. BrainStorm Member

I watch it also, it's very entertaining.

But I think it distorts the image of Anons to be drug addicts, no-life anarchists. The main character seems to be crazy, he talks to an imaginary friend lol.
    "F Society" is also a distortion of the Anonymous image, in my opinion. Anonymous is not against the people. This only supports how the media portrays Anonymous, which is intentionally negative and enemies of the common folk.

So yea, a love-hate relationship with mr.robot :confused:
    • Like Like x 2