Customize

Greta Van Susteren

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Budd, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Budd Member

JUST CURIOUS: Is Greta Van Susteren an active Scientologist?
    Does Scientology ever seem to influence her work and reporting?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Budd Member

two-week bump....
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I don't think anyone answered because they all thought you had ragequit
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Perfecto Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Django Member

If she's in, seems like she's real quiet about it, never at the big (or should I say "big") openings, never openly advocating for scn.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RightOn Member

betcha Johnny doesn't fuck her name up
  7. Quentinanon Member

Greta van Susteren and her husband John Coale were major behind-the-scenes lobbyists during the Clinton administration for 501(c)3 tax exemption in the U.S. They got Bill Clinton to put pressure on then IRS Commissioner Fred Goldberg to push through a favourable settlement for the scientology crime syndicate. Their most recent political activity I am aware of was in support of Sarah Palin for president. Greta could be accurately labeled a scientology political operative.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. They don't call her Greta van Scientology for nothing. Lots of stuff out there on Google and even this forum.

Even her Wikipedia page page has stuff.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Budd Member

Thank you for your replies. I will now go back into hibernation mode. Not.
  10. Random guy Member

Good to see you about, Budd!
  11. ItsyBitsy Member

Speaking of.........where when ?
  12. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
  13. RightOn Member

huh? 'splain
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Greta Van Susteren Raging Mad NASA Won’t Show Her Pretty Pictures Of Pluto RIGHT NOW

By Evan Hurst, Wonkette, June 2, 2016

Quote:

Fox News dip-whistle Greta Van Susteren wants to see pictures of Pluto, you guys!!!! And she knows NASA drove by Pluto LAST YEAR and took some pretty pictures, why won’t NASA let her seeeee themmmmmm? Pluto is her faaaaaaaavorite!!!! Come on, NAAAAAAAASA, show her the pictures of Pluuuuuuutooooo!

greta.png

Like, can’t NASA just go to the Walgreens and say, “Hi, we are the space explorers, and we would like you to develop these rolls of film we took on our field trip to Pluto?” And can’t the Walgreens say, “Yes, space friends, we should have these ready tomorrow after 5!” And couldn’t NASA say, “Oh, but Greta the Fox News lady is REALLY excited about these pictures, like she’s literally leaking pee everywhere on Twitter right now about her MOTHERFUCKING TAX DOLLARS, could you possibly do one-hour photo?” And couldn’t Walgreens say, “Wait, we thought Todd Starnes was the one at Fox News who was into leaking pee?”

And couldn’t they agree that yes, Todd Starnes is the resident Fox News pee enthusiast (sources allege), and just get the pictures developed, so Greta can SEEEEE THEMMMMMMMM?

Jezebel points us in the direction of a Gizmodo post explaining in 2015 that it really would take a long time for us, and Greta, to get to see pictures of Pluto that had just been taken. Yes, NASA and all the science guys knew in advance it would take OVER ONE WHOLE YEAR. The long version is, ahem, the long version, but the short version is that Pluto is three billion fucking miles away and space internets are SLOW.

Like, you know that thing when you are lying by the pool on your multi-million dollar estate property looking at cat videos on your iPad, and the King of Spain, who is visiting right now, says, “Ay dios mio, those gato videos sure have been buffering a long time!” And you say, “Yes, King of Spain, it’s because my manor is so large and the modem is all the way over there in the east wing of the house, so it’s gonna take a minute. Cool your fuckin’ jets, your Royal Highness.”

WELL IT’S EVEN SLOWER THAN THAT WHEN YOU HAVE TO SEND INFORMATION FROM THE EDGE OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM THROUGH OUTER SPACE, GRETA, OUTER SPACE.

Jesus lord, some people.

Sources:

http://wonkette.com/602488/greta-va...t-show-her-pretty-pictures-of-pluto-right-now

http://jezebel.com/greta-van-susteren-pissed-about-how-lazy-and-slow-nasa-1779884300

https://twitter.com/greta/status/738051845713694721
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Greta why dont you ask Trump about his taxes.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Greta Van Susteren Abruptly Leaving Fox News After 14 Years.

Mediaite - BREAKING: Greta Van Susteren Abruptly Leaving Fox News After 14 Years

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-greta-van-susteren-abruptly-leaving-fox-news-after-14-years/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Stalwart network anchor Greta Van Susteren will be leaving Fox News after a tenure of 14 years with the network.

Beginning today, Van Susteren’s slot hosting On The Record at 7 p.m. EST will be hosted instead by Brit Hume. The network’s new co-presidents Jack Abernethy and Bill Shine announced the news moments ago.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Politico reports: "A source close to the situation said it was a financial disagreement that led to Van Susteren's departure."

http://www.politico.com/media/story/2016/09/greta-van-susteren-abruptly-leaves-fox-news-004744

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jeff Jacobsen Member

The rats flee a sinking ship.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. NPR reported (or repeated a report) that (speculated that?) Greta's ouster is fallout from the Roger Ailes sexual harassment scandal. Greta defended Ailes when the allegations first arose.
  20. Let's hope the head-transplanted twat never resurfaces at another network.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

Greta Van Susteren Hints at Interest in HLN Move on Twitter | Mediaite

Quote:

Former Fox News host Greta Van Susteren ever-so-subtly hinted on Twitter that she would be interested in hosting a primetime show on HLN.

Politico’s Alex Weprin pointed out that HLN’s new 9 P.M. slot will soon be empty (following the departure of Dr. Drew) and that someone “with a legal background” would be ideal. Van Susteren had a long career as a criminal attorney and got her cable-news start hosting several legal-themed shows at CNN.

<snipped>

In her statement following her departure, Van Susteren stated that “I hope to continue my career in broadcasting.”

As CNN’s Brian Stelter points out, Van Susteren can’t immediately make the jump to another network. Her contract with Fox contains a waiting period that would keep her from competing at one of their rival networks, but it’s unclear how long that period is.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/greta-van-susteran-hints-at-interest-in-hln-move-on-twitter/
  22. Enturbulette Member

It is often forgotten that Van Sus and JP Coale employed the very one and only Mother of David Miscavige as the accountant of their private law firm for (20? or so) years, until her very unScientologish death-by-chain-smoking. There is good reason to believe that her position as their accountant created a direct channel of tons of money through the firm to Scientology coffers. Their lawyer/lobbyist style firm won high profile class action lawsuits against cigarette companies and other huge settlements and they were very much true believers. JP Coale actually tried to start a Scientology center of some kind in Washington DC, but the idea did not catch on in a place where appearnces count, or used to.

With such family ties to young Davey, Van Susterin and Coale were just about as inner circle as you could get, and there are few tighter bonds than that formed beteeen a soul-sucking greedy cult and soul-selling greedy lawyers. Van Susterin may have a crooked heart and smile but she is very savvy and she just doesn't let her Scientology bona fides get in the way of being a prominent, um, ::cough:: journalist with a stable, if not spectacular, public popularity.

The upshot is, assuming Van Susterin and Coale are still friends with the Clintons, as Coale describes here -
    http://gawker.com/5185380/sarah-palin-advisers-secret-scientology-plot-to-take-over-washington
    that means David Miscavige is only 2 degrees of separation from a Clinton White House past or future. No wonder they got that IRS tax exemption back in the day! And if her Highness wins the US throne, who knows what further favors such an effective mind control apparatus may garner.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. RightOn Member

^ don't forget Coale's "strange" interest in Sarah Palin a while back.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Enturbulette Member

He thought it was his chance, finally to really influence a supposedly high level politician with basically no friends in Washington - if only he could shut the crazy broad up up for a while! He even switched from Democrat to Repub for her. His original memo states his long cherished plan for Scientology in Washington DC-
    18k4yxl3xzltxpng.png
    • Like Like x 1
  25. RightOn Member

fucker. Can't stand him
  26. Quentinanon Member

Perhaps she has been recruited for a flagship program at scientology media productions.
    Program names? How about Fair Game Tonight?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Kilia Member

• Like Like x 1
  28. RightOn Member

love it.
    Scientology Bloopers with Greta
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

Greta Van Susteren to Fox: Show some 'decency' and return my photos | TheHill

Quote:

Former Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren on Thursday asked that the network return photos and videos that she says were taken down without her permission.

In a Facebook post, Van Susteren said photos and videos from her personal blog, GretaWire, were taken down and that she took numerous pictures and video recordings "from events that were not paid for by the Fox News Channel."

"I am hoping Fox News will give me all my personal photos and video from my blog GretaWire that they took down without giving me any notice," she wrote.

"I have pictures and video I took in North Korea, in Sudan, Iraq of my pets, friends, etc. that I don't have copies of. There are almost 15 years of memories. How about my pictures of GretaHome and Acadmey in Haiti? Of the children? I want those pictures and I don't have copies of them all."

Van Susteren said she does not know if Fox News has a legal right to the files, but asked the network to show "fundamental decency."

"Even if there is a legal right for them to not return them — and I don't know that there is — there is also a fundamental decency," she wrote.

"Many of the videos posted on GretaWire were taken by me on my camera equipment and many are just personal as I brought the viewers into my life and I went into theirs."

Continued here:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...to-fox-show-some-decency-and-return-my-photos
  30. RightOn Member

Irony much?
    You mean Fox took down stuff without her permission?
    BWA HA HA!!
    So she thinks this is WRONG?
    How does it feel?
    • Like Like x 1
  31. 529

Are you planning to vote for Trump to make things better?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  32. Budd Member

Ragequit, me? Nah, I just got FB'd to death. That, and the Orlando org moved to an office complex that gets no drive-by traffic, so no use protesting/picketing them anymore. :(
  33. Enturbulette Member

If I were in america, I would vote green. Somebody has to.
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

EXCLUSIVE - Reunited and it feels no good: Greta Van Susteren 'never liked' Megyn Kelly and is 'extremely jealous of her former Fox News nemesis,' who will soon be working alongside her at NBC
    • Megyn Kelly and Greta Van Susteren both revealed that they were joining the NBC News family last week
    • Van Susteren, 62, will premiere her new MSNBC show 'For The Record' at 6pm on Monday, speaking with President Obama's good friend and advisor Valerie Jarret
    • Megyn, 46, is expected to start work at NBC once Fox News terminates her contract, and will host a weekday talk show and Sunday news magazine
    • An industry insider tells DailyMail.com that Van Susteren 'never liked' Megyn, who she met in 2004 when they worked out of Fox News' Washington DC office
    • Van Susteren was also 'extremely jealous' of Megyn, partially because of her meteoric rise at the network claims the source
    • The source also said that Van Susteren had no idea about Megyn moving to NBC when she was in talks with the network to host her show on MSNBC
    • DailyMail.com has reached out to MSNBC for comment
    Excerpt:

Van Susteren married Coale around that time as well in 1998, a tort lawyer who at one point served as a legal advisor to Sarah Palin. It was her first marriage and his third. The couple have no children.

The couple are both members of the Church of Scientology, something that Van Susteren does not speak about publicly or in interviews. Van Susteren was not involved in the religion until after she met her husband, who joined in the early 80s. Coale has said in the past that the Church helped him with deal with potential substance abuse issues he feared might cause problems in his life.

Van Susteren and Coale worked together for years as well, as the host did not stop practicing law until she took on a full-time position hosting her own CNN program. Their accountant at the law firm used to be Loretta Miscavige, the mother of Scientology leader David Miscavige, who sadly passed away in 2005. Coale also represented fellow Scientologist Lisa Marie Presley when she divorced Michael Jackson.

More at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-News-nemesis-soon-working-alongside-NBC.html
    • Like Like x 1
  35. RightOn Member

Greta = ick
    Coal = triple ick
    • Like Like x 2
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  37. @Greta
    you mean, Sea Org cruel?
    • Like Like x 2
  38. The Wrong Guy Member