Customize

Gruen Planet (ABC Oz) does The Master, Tom Cruise and Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by TinyDancer, Oct 10, 2012.

1. TinyDancer Member

Gruen Planet is all about advertising. The panel is a bunch of advertising gurus, chaired by comedian Wil Anderson. It's a lot of fun.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/gruenplanet/pages/s3607843.htm

In tonight’s episode, Scientology, Movies and Spin – The Master, a movie with Oscar buzz based on the life of L Ron Hubbard, is heading to our shores. The panel looks at Scientology’s public image and its PR strategy. Also: in the 12 months that followed the February 2011 Christchurch earthquake, the area’s second in six months, Australian visitors dropped by 43 per cent. So can advertising turn a city associated with devastating earthquakes into a fun family holiday destination? The Gruen team looks at Christchurch’s attempt to lure us across the ditch.

Coming up on Gruen Planet, we wonder if Tom Cruise is bad for scientology, holiday in an earthquake zone and make Australia love parking inspectors.

Some of you might recall panellist Adam Ferrier from a 2009 blog post that caught our attention:

[IMG]
    Adam Ferrier

Adam Ferrier is a Consumer Psychologist and Founding Partner of Naked Communications. He graduated university with degrees in Commerce and Psychology and began his career in forensic psychology, working across a number of prisons in NSW, before working in private practice. After stints in ad agencies, in 2004 Adam started Naked Communications. Naked has a client list boasting Unilever, Coke Cola, Telstra, Sony and many other of Australia's top marketers. Like most people these days Adam finishes his bio by stating that he is a regular media commentator (including being a monthly guest on the ABC radio show 'Sunday Nights with James O'Loghlin'), writer, blogger and public speaker. Unlike most people, he was W.A. State Under 12 Chess Champion many years ago.

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...-scientology-sales-practices-in-sydney.45239/
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Anonymous Member

If you don't have an Au IP
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Pique Member

A winner indeed, and funny
    watch it if you haven't

thanks TinyDancer for the OP
  5. RightOn Member

"ladies! he's single" lol

brilliant coverage
    enjoyed
  6. anoninoob Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Random guy Member

One of these guys is very well informed. I guess he has internett.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. raboon Member

9. peterstorm Member

Very good!
  10. Anonymous Member

Very excellent discussion. Funny and topical. RO, I laughed out loud at, "Ladies, he's single." I actually laughed out loud in a couple of places, and I am old and cranky and I don't do that very often. Thanks, TD. And thanks to the anon for posting the vid for us non-Aussie IP peeps.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Any chance you could post the 2nd half of the episode, please? We live in Christchurch and have heard we were mentioned (Gap Filler).
    Thanks!
  12. Anonymous Member

OMG, you suppression BIATCH

Keep at it TD, you r kicken arse!
  13. It is readily available on file sharing sites. Search Gruen.Planet.S05E08.PDTV.x264-W4F