Customize

Guy Fawkes Mask

Discussion in 'Projects' started by AnonymousSpartan, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Guy Fawkes Mask

I'm making a large purchase for the Activists here(my town), but I have a question. Where can I get quality, cost efficient Guy Fawkes mask? I've got 160 dollars I can use for this. Where do you recommend purchasing from? I've been browsing Amazon.com, but all the display pics are the same even though the price changes.
  2. A_nonchalant Member

Re: Guy Fawkes Mask

Got mine off Amazon - it was fairly sturdy and high-quality. It felt like a cross between laminated paper and thin plastic, if that makes any sense?

One thing my friends and I noticed was that the forehead is really quite high on those - not an issue if you're just wearing the mask, but irksome if you also bought the hat or are planning to wear some other headgear.
  3. Anonproto Member

You should be paying under $25 including shipping. I got one for $15.

There's some nicer masks on eBay, but they would wipe out your budget ;)
  4. alsocake Member

5. smfE Member

I just bought my guy fawks mask from this Ebay seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/V-for-VENDETTA-OFFI ... dZViewItem.

His really good nice reputation and he ships all over the world, i shipped mine to Denmark, Europe so i'm very satisfied! Good and safe purchase i can assure.
  6. 00anonyMiss00 Member

If all that fails (I couldnt find a retailer that still had masks in stock and didn't charge a small fortune to ship to Canada), you could get creative:

http://kimpix.net/2006/11/25/guy-fawkes ... raft-mask/

I'm going to be trying this out myself, and hopefully won't be called the New New Zealand Fail Guy.
    I'm planning to print this out on card-stock, and then either have it laminated before constructing it, or constructing it and then sealing it with coats of clear paint. Either way, it has to be made more sturdy and weather proof. It looks pretty awesome, tho.

There's also this http://glycon.livejournal.com/5195.html but it's not nearly so cool.
  7. Anonymuzs Member

For a bulk purchase, I would recommend a local costume shop if you have any around. These guys don't usually move a huge volume during any other time than Halloween and most are smaller businesses. Because of that, they usually will order and stock up any requests made, especially if you will be buying a decent quantity.

I recently asked a local shop if they could order some in, it will only take about a week and the masks themselves will only be about 10bux, while they will also be getting a few full costumes, and I'll be picking one of those up for about 60$. They called their supplier then and there and verified the supplier had about 40-50 V masks in stock, and they were more then happy to order a whole bunch after I explained a bit of the reason I was asking for them, and they had actually told me they were getting quite a few calls asking about V masks and costumes, and now understood why at least (I thought that was really cool).

I'm also sure (depending on your local store) if you chose to buy a bunch of masks at a time, you'd get a good deal off, just asking how many masks can you get for 160$ would probably get at least 20, if they had that many in stock. Being able to move product quickly like that is a blessing to most costume shops, and the owner I spoke to at least seemed very interested in the whole thing and ended up getting me a pen and paper and asking me to write down some links and stuff for him to check out later.

So yeah, if you have any local costume shops, I would recommend giving that a try before any online stores. You will probably get them just as quick (my order should be there in about a week) and I didn't even have to ask and the owner had knocked off a bit of the price, and I'm not even buying in bulk really.
  8. Re: Guy Fawkes Mask

Obviously, Google does a great job of automatically ranking web pages, based on the number of sites linking to them...

So one of the best places to start is always: guy fawkes mask quantity - Google Search

In addition to comparing that to your local Halloween Costume stores.
  9. j0eg0d Member

If you buy the mask online you risk revealing yourself to a Scion. Do what you want, but I'd have to agree with locating a costume shop near you.
  10. captainslug Member

11. FraggedMind Member

Spirit Halloween Stores. 7.99 per mask and they look better than the ones that come with the full outfit. Plus they are official V for Vendetta products.
  12. Anonylemmi Member

13. churchlady Member

Spirit Halloween, yes. I plan to go Nov. 2 and buy up their leftovers at half price. Merry Christmas. Anyway, contact them and see if you can buy them in bulk.
  14. emkins Member

does anyone know a local store in ohio around dayton i could find one at? i dont exactly have the luxury of buying one on the internet so please dont give me any links. please and thank you.
  15. Elbynonamous Member

This is who I bought mine from. Good seller, completely safe.

Buying them from Ebay or Amazon isn't too smart, considering how easily it could be a Scilon. When you do that, you risk giving them all of your info. Bad idea, imho.
  16. Elbynonamous Member

I would get a phone book and look up costume shops. Start making phone calls.
  17. NotMike Member

If you are in a pinch you can always make one yourself with paper craft.

Guy Fawkes Papercraft Mask | Kimpix

Beyond that, pop open your yellow pages & look for costume shops & start looking around.
  18. Mutante Member

19. none given Member

I used ebay but I went to a seller with a pre-chanology start date who specalized is fetish wear. Not a real big chance they were scilons.
  20. StrongMouse Member

You know, I have to say....the company that makes those "Guy Fawkes" Masks has to be making a killing!
    • Like Like x 1
  21. jubiKaL Member

i got mine at Hot Topic for something completely different. i'm glad i can use it for a cause.
  22. megamegaman Member

If you're in the UK try forbidden planet, only £4.99 before shipping plus use the promotional code FPISFXPROMO at checkout to save 50p, total cost £6.99 including P+P.
  23. Anon-007 Member

But much more fun to ring up a local Org and ask them if they have any of "those brilliant masks in stock. You know, the ones that you display outside your fancy dress shop"
  24. pardmepard Member

Do et fagot, nao would be the most sexcellent tyme to places calls to orgs.\\
  25. Re: Guy Fawkes Mask

On the subject of masks, I reccomend you buy some really thin black material from any fabric shop - in the UK I bought half a meter (minimum purchase) for one whole pound, you can then stick this to the inside of the mask, over the eye holes, to hide your eyes from the outside. It looks really cool too. One layer or two should do it, with one layer you can kinda see the eyes, but visibility is 100%, with 2 layers the eye sockets are pitch black but it has a notable effect on your vision.

Cheap and easy, and well well worth it.
  26. lucanonymous Member

is there anywhere to buy them in southern ontario, canada? a church of scientology was just put up close to where i live, and I would quite like to go protest, also it'd be kick ass for haloween (haha, im still young enough to trick or treat:p)
  27. lucanonymous Member

please tell me this thread is still alive
  28. A.Non Hubbard Member

Southern Ontario is a big place.
  29. lucanonymous Member

around the oshawa/scarborough area
  30. A.Non Hubbard Member

I went to google and typed in "Oshawa Costumes". Seems like there's 3 places in the Shwa that sell costumes -- give them a shot.
  31. lucanonymous Member

thanks ahaha, i guess i should lrn2google, what i meant was if there was anybody in this thread that had bought any around that area, or knew any trusted sellers, but cheers anyway much appreciated anon!
  32. Yoni Alter Member

I buy mine from Amazon.com. I have not been horribly namefagged as a result. Unfortunately Amazon.ca doesn't seem to have anything, but you can check with used sellers on Amazon.com - some offer international shipping.
  33. A.Non Hubbard Member

I wouldn't order online if you're hoping for delivery by Oct 31st though.
  34. Anonymous Member

35. lucanonymous Member

I found a place, for anyone else who lives near peterborough/.oshawa/scarborough , its called K&C costumes, they have them there, they have thin plastic ones for 4 dollars, and thicker ones for 9 dollars, pretty good deal for the thin plastic, although im gonna go for the thick one
  36. lucanonymous Member

not to double post, but why the guy fawkes mask, anyway, I know who he was, and i know all about the gunpowder plot, but why him? not saying its a bad idea, infact i absoloutly love the movie V for vendeta, and I love the whole thing, but I just was wondering how it related to anonymous
  37. Anonymous Member

V was a freedom fighter who battled a totalitarian religious regime.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. lucanonymous Member

im a noob, no idea how to reply, and yeah, s'pose your right, btw, how lucky were you to get the screen name anonymous :p
  39. Anonymous Member

Oh extremely. I count my blessings daily.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. JohnnyRUClear Member

Lawlz@noobies.

There's a more relevant aspect of "V for Vendetta" to be seen here, which is the masses at the end of the movie who peacefully resist the regime, baffling the power-mad control mindset. There is no leader or hero among us; we're just a whole bunch of anonymous people acting (more or less) in unison.
    • Like Like x 1