Customize

Had a YouTube video removed for community guideline/TOS?

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by 68Whiskey, Dec 30, 2008.

1. 68Whiskey Member

Had a YouTube video removed for community guideline/TOS?

If you have posted a Scientology related video of any kind that has been removed for "Community Guideline" violations by the YouTube DMCA staff please post the following information regarding your video.

Date of video removal
    YouTube account name
    Date of account suspension date (If a suspension resulted)
    Violation explanation (If YouTube supplied one)

A first amendment case is being gathered on behalf of a few California law firms I have contacted, basically they want some free press.
  2. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Re: Had a YouTube video removed?

Date: Dec. 23, 2008
    Account Name: cultxpt
    account not suspended, "Kendrick Moxon is dissed" video removed. I took the video on a public sidewalk, so no copyright or privacy issues involved. Video now at
    [ame=http://www.vimeo.com/2613392]Kendrick Moxon is dissed on Vimeo[/ame]
  3. DarthXenu Member

Bump!

Do it faggotts!
  4. Anon_1HG Member

5. AnonLover Member

/r/ this thread moved to youtube situation room and stickied??
  6. BoombaGoomba Member

Date of Video Removal: Dec 23, 2008
    YouTube account: BoombaGoomba
    Date of account suspension date (If a suspension resulted): Just a warning
    Violation explanation: Innapropiate Content ( Don't know what that means)
    Video Removed: Gerry Armstrong speaks about Scientology's Top Lawyer
  7. subgenius Member

Video: "The Video Scientology Doesn't Want You To See"
    Account: Michigananon
    Date removed: 12/18/08 (Immediately after uploaded)
    Reason given: "Rejected (terms of use violation)"
  8. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Video: "Multi-raid on Scientology. Moxon, Shadow Tech, and more!"

Date removed: December 19, 2008
    Account: "PirateofAnonymous"
    Reason given: "Rejected (content inappropriate)"
  9. snakeyes Member

Account: snakeeyes1775
    Video flagged: Moxon Dissed and Moxon 1/5
    Date removed: Dec 29, 2008
    Reason given: none. it just says its been flagged
    Account suspended until Jan 12, 2009
  10. BoombaGoomba Member

They all seem to be about Moxon Eh!!:rolleyes:

Someone sent me an email and said its newsworthy cause its something they don't want us to show. Anyone knows any news people, nows the time!!
  11. 68Whiskey Member

We as of now have a total of 20 videos reported, we are aiming for 50. If we cant get them by the 15th of this month we are still going to file the paperwork and see where it goes from there.
  12. AnonKiwi Member

Wow, awesome opportunity. There is the tang of epic in the air.
    How will first ammendment play out with a private company tho???

Will move to the other room. Move back if it fails to get noticed. This should be repasta far and wide I reckon.

Oh, the paranoid anon in me wants to know how we can be sure this isn't some namefagging effort by scilons?
  13. moose Member

when anontube.com is fixed again (this week probably), I'll show the script that shows if video's are still up.
    This results in a list but it still needs some manual checks. i'm sure some of you can do that (i don't have the time anymore...). last time I checked there were about 200 videos removed
  14. Tolp Member

Back in september, I uploaded some video footage of the raid in Amsterdam, with account name "anon123765". My video got removed, and my account got permanently blocked. It was just some simple footage of the raid, a few shots of our protest signs, footage of anons handing out flyers and the like. I don't think I violated any of YouTube's policies by posting this. I tried to make a new account under the same name. That worked, only a week later the account was blocked again, and now I can't seem to reactivate it.

I created a new account, "anon123876", in which I uploaded a conversation between a scilon and some anons during the october raid. It hasn't been deleted yet, but I registered it under the same e-mail address, so I'm not sure how long it will remain in place.

I can't remember the exact date it got suspended, probably sometime around september the 20th, and the video title was something among the lines of: Operation School's Closed 13-09-2008 Amsterdam
  15. Anonypeg Member

Did AngryGayPope include his videos?
    There were also several Oliver Schaper videos (not hosted by me). QAnon, TheShadow?

And let's not forget those who hosted the Ron Savelo assaulting Shaun Lonsdale video! Who hosted those?
  16. Re: Had a YouTube video removed?

Ken Moxon Scientology

Added: December 15, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Time: 02:44
    Views: 48
    Rating: 5.0
    Comments: 1
    Responses: 0
    Broadcast: Public
    Raw File: This_Ken_Moxon_Scientology_Vid_Was_Flag_Bombed_By__.flv.wmv
    Rejected (content inappropriate)

youtube name austinanonymous1
  17. moose Member

scripts currently running!
    about 500 removed videos so far :)

it is probably ready at the end of the day
    stay tuned.
  18. themadhair Member

Sent this to RTE:

The bit I don't get is that there actually is ITV material on my channel that was untouched.
  19. 0815 Member

They may have not found your content yet. ITV seems not to be pro-$cilon because they removed other non-$cilon related shows too. Your claim could be a footbullet as RTE may take down your channel if you carry their stuff without permission.
  20. themadhair Member

I considered that but the videos that were removed, the Late Late, are by far the most informative videos on the channel. It was that episode of the Late late that inspired the creation of that channel in the first place.
  21. 0815 Member

I wish you luck and keep us posted.
  22. moose Member

finally, here is the list!
    http://anontube.com/ytDB.txt

it doesn't include the username (that would be too much work for now, although it is somewhere in the database...) and doesn't include the date that it was removed

Still needs some checks, but it should be easy to filter out the errors
  23. R2D2 Member

! ! !
  24. SpasticGum Member

Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Gary Scarff claiming that this material is infringing:

Message to Scientology: We STILL Run This: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtGQLw1qEM8[/ame]

Please Note: Repeated incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Centre to access the instructions.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
    YouTube, Inc.

Sent: 10 January 2009 01:14:33
  25. 0815 Member

It's very disturbing how much is removed by TOS rather DMCA claims.
  26. Your Mom Member

Very.
  27. 0815 Member

It's time to develop a unified strategy to protect our content because Vimeo seems to be in cult had too.
  28. Your Mom Member

If you can come up with a good one, post it here and I'm sure it will get support.
  29. 0815 Member

I'm working on some and currently run a test and will report as soon I know it's save to use.
  30. Your Mom Member

Awesome.
  31. moose Member

so, whats going to happen next ?
  32. Silent Member

33. 0815 Member

Not save and they will take-down by request. Just looked at RuTube stats and I have to say that nobody watches our content. It may be save but the effect equal zero. Average view 30 on all our videos.
  34. 68Whiskey Member

Fantastic! Thank you, this just made my day. Now all I need to do is add them to the paperwork one by one, this may take a day or two...... I will not sleep until it is done!
  35. Jeff Jacobsen Member

First youtube canceled my Moxon video. Tonight they canceled my anniversary video. They suck. I closed my account.
  36. Your Mom Member

What the hell?

That is insane!
  37. themadhair Member

<insert OSA cheer here>
  38. LilDebbie Member

is it possible to subpoena YT every time there's a takedown for information leading back to the claimant, e.g. IP address? if we inundate them with subpoenas, we might get them to rethink their automated system.
  39. snakeyes Member

You can add the account Xenu89 to that list as well.

They removed all the Moxon videos and didn't even bother to inform me.
  40. TheBitch Member

Haven't had one removed, but appear to now know what it means to be algorithmically downgraded. Posted video no longer in ratings, shame it was doing quite well holding top 20 spot for the week and moving up. I guess the profanity that got loose in the comments section flagged it or something.