Customize

Halifax, Nova Scotia monthly meetup discussion thread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Sol Mann, Nov 22, 2009.

1. AnonOne Member

Re: Halifax, Nova Scotia monthly meetup discussion thread

Hmmm...Indeed.

Anyways, all Halifags report in. This will be a protest of epic proportions. We have plans, excellent plans, and if you show up, you certainly will not be alone. This protest should be bigger than usual, if everything works out as well.
  2. Sol Mann Member

yeeeeeee meeting this weekend!

Sunday 1pm @ Carlitos on Quinpool.
  3. Sol Mann Member

So I felt a little update/report was in order, as after the last raid a few decisions were reached regarding the montly meetups.

It is my opinion that the Montly Meetups were a great success, Halifax hadn't held any public meetings since the beginning run of chanology and they served the same purpose this time around... they were great for recruitment.

We had several meetings and I would humbly suggest they contributed to either reactivating or activating for the first time roughly ten anons. Since we instituted these meetings we've had the biggest raid in over a year, and I see correlation between the two myself.

This added level of connectivity has also revealed to us that there are a number of people lurking outside of HRM who find it difficult to make it to things like meetings. It is in that spirit that a decision has been made to start having IRC party/meetings once again in #halifax.

I do not by any means think we should put an end to the monthly meetups, but I think we'll have more people in the room by having them online. The first meeting will be tomorrow night, Wednesday March 31st 2010 at 8pm ATL time in #halifax on anonnet (click for webirc).
  4. Anon323565898 Member

Not so fast, we're having another monthly meetup this Saturday, April 10th after the flier raid. We meet at 1pm at the McDonalds, and will be heading out shortly thereafter to put up posters. Actual meeting will begin after the postering.
  5. curvyns Member

is it just me or has nova scotia kind of died??
  6. lets doo this add me on phazebook
    Mod edit: link removed
  7. Starstrider Member

Is this still going on? The thread is old so I had to ask.