Customize

Halifax, NS - March 28th, 2010 - The Rebirth

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Sol Mann, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Sol Mann Member

Halifax, NS - March 28th, 2010 - The Rebirth

Today was awesome, finally on time and half organized I actually arrived ten minutes early.... and there was already an Anon waiting for me outside the mission. Someone I'd never met before and who spent dollars and time to get here from out of town.

Hats off to that Anon!

He and I raided together duo style for about the first half hour, and just when we thought we might be on our own... the numbers came over the hill. Four more came up to join us. Just so you know, four is the number we haven't been able to crack in over a year. Now we were six.

We raided a while longer and decided it was time to head to the Applied Scholastics school a little further in town. When I returned from getting the car, holy shit two more. Okay so now we're 8.

We pulled around the corner to plot and plan our second location for protest.. and while we're talking, another Guy Fawkes mask rounds the corner. Fuck me now we're nine. I recognize it feels a bit funny to be all excited about nine people, but fuck yeah it's nice to have a pack of us again.

We had a few incidents that are both notable, interesting, funny, and a little disturbing. But I'd like to leave that to people more suited to tell the story, and I encourage them to come forward to share :)

We flyered and protested for about an hour and a half in the area of the school, and then headed back for a drive by of the mission. It's so unusual to see people in there, and when we'd raided earlier in the day the place was empty.... so when we saw the door open and cars in the lot we decided to raid the mission again. It was awesome. We had a shit tonne of support at both locations in the form of honks waves and traffic slow downs.

We learned a great deal and decided on site that a debrief and planning meeting is required. So we'll be having an IRC party in #halifax this Wednesday March 31st in the evening. Party goes all night, SRSBSNS starts at 8pm atlantic. Click here for webirc.

11ig1ns.jpg

25u1it4.jpg

2l9o080.jpg

311utf6.jpg
  2. AnonKat Member

Re: Halifax, NS - March 28th, 2010 - The Rebirth

AWESOME REBIRTH IS AWESOME
  3. RightOn Member

Good to see front groups included on the signs. They more attention they get the better.
    Great job and fabulous signage!
  4. amaX Member

YOU ALL ARE FREAKIN' AWESOME! <3
  5. MeganonOT8 Member

lovely just lovely. Fudgen Awesome signage. "WIDM.COM" sign must have cost a good deal
    of mula. :D
  6. Sol Mann Member

Thanks for the support internet hate machine. :)
  7. Anonymous Member

niet problem. it is something we must do to each other.
  8. Belladonna Member

picture65b.png

picture23yw.png
  9. AnonOne Member

Twas the most excellent of the raids I have attended. This being said, I am a large douche and have attended a grand total of two.

Irregardless; today was awesome. The best part was when we came back from the AS school, the Mission seemed to have opened, inhabiting a silver jeep. 3 of us went home, and the others went back and trolled for another half hour, in which an older, maybe a 93 (?) red corrolla also pulled in. Who was I to not troll him? He, however, would not tell me how he was doing and nor would he answer how far on the bridge to freedom he was. He must be getting up there, thus the lack of money and therefor his 20 year old car.

Another excellent part of the day was the "HURP DURP TAKE UR MASKS OFF, I HAVE KIDS, MY NEIGHBOURHOOD" man. I really want a picture of him. He screamed meme generator.

O, and yea, I wonder if the director of the AS school will like the business cards we put under the windshield wipers of her car? Not to mention the 5 posters gleaming from all sides of the telephone poll immediately outside the "school", and the other 10 cards we left in the door ;)

Twas fun in Halifax on the 28th of March. Can't wait to put the next plan into action.

PS look to the right of the last picture (the group photo). You can see one of our nice fliers on the telephone pole =)
  10. Anonymous Member

I <3 Halifax.

Way to go, guys.
  11. Starfawkes Member

AH yes. The angry "MY NEIGHBORHOOD" guy, he was one angry fellow, verbally attacked me for a bit while I was with a fellow anon postering, who smartly went off to tell the others, thus leaving me to my verbal ass kicking. I stood silent as he was mere inches from me, loudly arguing the fact that this was his neighborhood. My response? Silence. Which apparantly pissed the man off more and he yelled for me to take off my mask, grabbing for it. I dodged his hand without ever touching him, he only grazed my mask. Lets keep that perfectly clear. I was not assaulted, nor did I at any point touch him. Shortly after (mere moments) an army of my fellow anon ran up to my side. Thank you for halp anon. :)

Postscript:

Read the orange sign in the group picture. We're actually the internet LOVE machine XD
  12. Anonymous Member

fucking epic
  13. Starfawkes Member

Yes. Yes it was.
  14. Anonymous Member

Great job re-populating, Halifags! Thanks for protesting the school along with the org. The kids will (one day) thank you for it.
  15. Starfawkes Member

I think as the summer rolls in we will get even far greater numbers than we had today, what with the underageb& being done school and whatnot we will be able to do weekday raids.
  16. MeganonOT8 Member

that would be even more fudgen epic!! ^_^
  17. Sol Mann Member

haha... don't forget, love can move mountains.
  18. Starfawkes Member

hahaa... poor christian man.
  19. Zyx Wvuts Member

Hah! It was only about $35 or so, and the whole day was friggin' worth it.

I was scared to be on my own for an hour, first time, to be honest. Not even a local, so I had to summon all the sand (Gangs of New York talk for "balls") to be standing around there.

Thank God Sol Mann came along when he did, because I was ready to piss myself. And it being so friggin' cold, that would be an emasculating piss.

I am seriously thinking I could start up a support group here in Truro. Fliers with that coloured paper I have, take some of those science project posters from Staples for big signs like what Mouse and Nuke brought. Have one saying that the org's in Halifax, and another that says "Honk if you drive a car" (had to rip off your idea... Was it yours, Star Fawkes?)

I think I got a few takers to join in.

...Now I wanna' make a racist comment about how I got the "school Muslim" interested, but I gotta' bide. Just gotta' bide... and get a profile pic.
  20. AnonOne Member

I love Halifax, can't wait for Wednesday.
  21. TheCollector Member

This was my first time going to something like this and i must say it was AWESOME! I am definitely coming back :)
  22. Anonymous Member

You're so new it smells, but I like you. If you decide to explore around don't be disturbed by the trolls.

Don't worry about the 'honk if you drive a car'... that was in some of the earliest popular photos of chanology protests. It was highlighted in moot's appearance at ted this year.

Welcome to chanology.
  23. Starfawkes Member

"Honk if you drive a car" has been in every good protest known to man. Evar. Before Chanology.
  24. BlooAnon Member

73492077_2be3c22543_m.jpg

Sounds like an awesome raid. Congrats on the high number! Keep it up!
  25. AnonOne Member

29c6ghw.jpg
  26. MeganonOT8 Member

what was?
  27. Ogsonofgroo Member

Wonderful goings on Halifaxanons! Great to hear yer numbers r up and of upbeat enthusiasms!

Maybe a small 'this is why the mask' card especially for those occasions when a local gets a tad riled might be in order~ 'Because the insidious cult that calls itself a 'church' in your neighbourhood has a policy of hate, harassment, and vengence against critics it can identify, we symbolically wear masks to protect ourselves blah-blah' link to fair-game article etc. or some such?
  28. joehowe Member

Handing out cards might be a start, but walking around a residential nieghborhood with a mask on is going to get the wrong kind of attention. Sticking to a main drag, where humans will actually see you makes more sense to me. Post notices after dark ya got to.

29. Anony Maus Member

Oh shitting cocks I forgot to upload these!

dscf3805c.jpg
    dscf3808.jpg
    dscf3810q.jpg
    dscf3811x.jpg
    [IMG]
    dscf3813f.jpg
    dscf3814t.jpg
    dscf3817a.jpg
  30. Anonymous Member

hells yeah muthafucka
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

Beautiful pix! Looks like a beautiful place, too -- a good one to keep cult-free.