Customize

Happy 4Th of July to Everyone

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by iraniam, Jul 4, 2016.

1. iraniam Member

Freedom is not to be taken for granted but people who have never lived under dictatorships and totalitarian regimes do not know what 'this' freedom means. This freedom to post on Facebook and not be sentenced to 20 years in prison, the freedom to veil or not veil, to vote for a 'real' candidate and not one that is per-selected by a Supreme Leader, to eat and drink and dress however 'you' want and choose to! I know my American children will grow to enjoy and 'take for granted' this freedom as most Americans do but I am fine with it. Happy 4th of July United States of America! May you continue to be this powerful, independent, and amazing nation and country that you are.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Thanks.i hope the US stays strong and free but the rate at which our civil rights are eroded doesn't bode well.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. 518

4. White Tara Global Moderator

Its a blessing to have a carefree next generation. I wish that were true for all. Happy 4th to all who celebrate it.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. anon8109 Member

Freedom is a delicate thing that depends on the will of the people.

If the people stop wanting it, say in exchange for promises of more wealth, or more security, or some kind of salvation, then it can vanish in an instant.

Remember that Hitler was elected. After the Germany's economic decimation following WWI he promised to make Germany great again.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1