Customize

Has Leah Remini ‘spoken out’ enough to be included in the "Former Members who spoke out" list?

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Incredulicide, Jul 29, 2013.

?

Has Leah Remini spoken out enough to be added to the "Former Members who spoke out" list?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2013.
Yes, keep her on. 9 vote(s) 37.5%
No, take her off. 15 vote(s) 62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incredulicide Member

EDITED TO ADD: Poll is now closed.

This poll will decide whether Leah Remini is to remain on the big list of "Former Church of Scientology Members who have spoken out."
    Because her addition was disputed the outcome of this poll will decide it, and who knows? Maybe this poll will be the trigger that helps her speak out more than she currently has:

Remini spoke out about her decision to leave Scientology to People.com during this past weekend.
    "We stand united, my family and I, and I think that says a lot about who we are, and what we're about," the former King of Queens star, 43, told PEOPLE on Saturday at the 15th annual DesignCare event in Malibu.

Remini, who tangled with the church, added, "I believe that people should be able to question things. I believe that people should value family, and value friendships, and hold those things sacrosanct. That for me, that's what I'm about. It wouldn't matter what it was, simply because no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to."

The actress – who was defended by the niece of David Miscavige, the most powerful man in Scientology – explained, "It doesn't matter, it could be anything. I thought about the family being broken up for some other cause, and I'm not about to shut up."

Edit: I'm the one that told RightOn to stick to her guns about Leah not being added till she spoke out, so I'm conflicted at this point myself given that the above seemed enough for me. We've certainly interpreted others that spoke in more vague terms than Leah as being about Scientology and added their names for it.
    It seems to be a trait common to those leaving still going through decompression.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RightOn Member

Anyone can says those things about their family "standing together" and
    " I won't shut up." She won't shut up about what? that kind of made me laugh because it's her sister who has been doing all the talking. NOT HER.
    She NEVER mentions the word Scientology of even the word CHURCH.
    "In Touch" mag for an exclusive comment from her? I think not!
    And all the other rags quoted the same quotes which say a lot about nothing.

I vote NO until she comes out and says these words "I left Scientology because........
    Until then all these cryptic quotes and her sister being her mouthpiece isn't enough.
    Just like Lisa Marie's song and the burning church in her vid. NOT ENOUGH
    • Like Like x 2
  3. RightOn Member

she is choosing her words very wisely as did Lisa Marie. At least Lisa Marie still has her mother in, so that may be the reason.
    Leah's whole family left and she her scilon friends have now dumped her.
    Me thinks she may be holding out for the highest bidder for her EXCLUSIVE story or comment.
    I am sure the offers are rolling in
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

FFS Righton, unbunch your panties. You and a couple of others have been down right hostile about this in other threads. Leaving the Church and speaking publicly about it as a celebrity is a huge deal. Give the woman time. Remember, she grew up in the church. It is the norm to her, all the crazy sea org stuff, all the abuses, all the crap is what she was brought up to believe was normal.

Add to that the fact that she is probably under a great deal of pressure from the cult to STFU and is facing losing all her friends and discovering that the value system she was raised with is bullshit, you've got a woman who needs more than a month.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. RightOn Member

"This poll will decide whether Leah Remini is to remain on the big list of "Former Church of Scientology Members who have spoken out."

sorry, no it won't.
    What Leah says will be the determining factor.
    We never used forum polls to decide whether a person is added to the list or not. We always talked amongst ourselves and voted in that thread and presented our arguments.
  6. Anonymous Member

Voted no. Haven’t seen a single comment or quotation attributed to her that would qualify to me as ‘speaking out’. If you took all of her quotations and comments can you honestly say they have earned her a place on the list??? Seriously??
  7. rickybobby Member

Sometimes waiting is prudent.

She will declare herself one way or the other. That said, I do believe she is out. REALLY out. While I don't think she necessarily HAS to or WILL say the Scn word, and indeed may be advised by her handlers to avoid that word, I do believe she will make it clear in fairly short order.

Which is more painful-- waiting a little bit now, or having to remove her later? What's the harm in waiting a couple of weeks or even a month to see how this develops?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

I read this as a justification for why she has not spoken out. Which would mean you think she has not spoken out. Which would mean she shouldn't be on the list....?
  9. RightOn Member

oh there is no question she is out of COS. maybe not out of the mind fuck yet, she will need time.
    But like others before her ....Nicole Kidman, Katie Holmes, Lisa Marie Presley and Laurie Prepon they haven't said ONE word publically against the cult.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. RightOn Member

my panties are not in a bunch but thanks
    yeah I know she may need some time, and I also think she may be waiting for the highest bidder (I would be, wouldn't you?)
    Since all these "blanket comments" she made are now all over the place by all the rags, it would be kinda ridiculous of her to keep quiet now.
  11. amaX Member

I'm with wolfie & RO on this one. The People Mag article's last paragraph says that REMINI HASN'T YET DECIDED WHETHER SHE'LL RENOUNCE ALL OF SCIENTOLOGY'S TEACHINGS ENTIRELY.

Horrible camera phone screenshots of the mag:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...-left-scientology.112258/page-18#post-2334114

Look, I agree she's most probably out of organized scientology, but she's gotta say that herself instead of skirting the issue.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

Maybe. There are lots of people on the list who haven't renounced all of the COS bullshit.
  13. amaX Member

And you want to know why it pisses some of us off that these celebs keep their fucking mouths shut? Because they can protect themselves so much better than non-celeb scilons (nod to the delusional "only OSA using the word Scilon" crowd.)
    The celebs' voices are loud and they carry far. Their silence is nothing but cowardice when you consider how loudly some of the ex's are yelling out from the mountaintops.
    • Like Like x 5
  14. amaX Member

Show me one quote from LEAH Remini where she says she's OUT.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Like you I don't think she should be on the list.

Wether of not someone is still adhering to scilon beliefs is not a criterium though. That's the only thing I tried to point out.
  16. wolfbane Member

^^This. It has been 7 years since the TomKat weddding and therefore 4 years since the alleged 3 years worth of sec checks Leah endured over opening her mouth ended. When Suri was born and the press was blocked out, Leah put herself out there to run interference for TomKat in the midst of those awful sec checks. Yet she kept her mouth shut when Katie bailed on Tom. Where was her "I'm a Catholic" two-cents worth supporting Katie and Suri when the media shitstorm was brewing over Suri going to a Catholic school? She supposedly tweeted support for Paul Haggis leaving before all that went down, why not Katie?

And now she says people should be allowed to think for themselves. Yet prior coverage stated that her husband not wanting to get involved with the CoS caused a flap and she eventually reeled him in. Why was her husband's wishes to not get involved not honored as his right to think for himself?

Plus, if she's so quick to point out she's a Catholic who will pray for someone who lost a loved one then why is she not appalled at the coerced abortions that go down in the Sea Org? Where are her prayers for the Headleys and Laura DesCrescenzio who were robbed of the chance to have a baby while they were still in the SO?

While I'm glad she is out, you're damn right I'm hostile about the chicken-shit way she went about it. She has her entire family intact, she has a husband and a child plus they both have safe-guarded careers. How nice for her that her means of survival has not been threatened by her departure.

But what about all the little people who have their lives ripped apart, never see their kids again, lose their spouses and lose their means of income. Jason Beghe and Paul Haggis expressed horror, shame and remorse over what others had endured while they were still in. That is "not shutting up" where as Leah is a classic example of "I STFU & GTFO and I am staying in STFU mode because I don't want to acknowledge what I was willing apart of."
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Anonymous Member

I love how people like you perch yourselves on your high horse and think they know what other people should do and how fucking demanding you get with other peoples lives. I agree that she would speak out, but wtf right do you have to tell anyone when and how to do it? Many people are out years before they speak up. Your well studied insider knowledge of Scientology does not translate into inside knowledge of other peoples lives.

Sometimes I think some anons are just as bad as what they protest.
  18. Anonymous Member

Yeah, this thread is turning a little to hater thread for my liking. She is fucking out- give her whatever time she needs.
  19. Anonymous Member

^^this
  20. wolfbane Member

I have no right whatsoever to tell anyone jackshit. But in case you haven't notice, freedom of speech and freedom of information and freedom to express one's own opinion in the form of mockery and ridicule are founding principles of our movement. And that is all I'm doing - calling a spade a spade because I can. If I felt I had a right to tell Leah what she should do, I would be posting my opinion on the media articles and reputable blogs reporting the stories. But I'm not, I'm voicing my opinion in a pro free-speech forum known for asshattery trolling and telling it like it is without giving a shit who agrees with it or not. (Anonymous hate machine FTW)

If you can't stomach that, then I suggest you run along to the hugbox of your choice and praise Leah for how brave she is on her STFU & GTFO stance. When that stance changes, and she actually makes a damaging statement against Scientology that makes a difference in how people view Scientology, I will be the first person to tip my hat and admit I was total asshat for not supporting her.

In the meanwhile, excuse me while I piss and moan that the example she is setting is one that sends the message "oh it must not be THAT bad if Leah isn't saying anything personally."
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Anonymous Member

BAWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  22. wolfbane Member

FWIW, I really do hope I can someday admit I am asshat and eat my own words. But the way it has played out so far, I honestly do not see that happening. But I do hope I am wrong.
  23. Anonymous Member

I hope so too. Time shall tell.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  25. amaX Member

Awwwww. Does someone need a bit of a cuddle? It's okay. Why don't you go back and sit at the naive hugbox table while the grownups discuss nasty cult business?
    • Like Like x 1
  26. wolfbane Member

inb4 Tiz Lugli releases some stupid assed scumbag video a year from now, violating her trust and privacy, to lay a claim Leah is singing a generic slur against other scilon celebs that anyone with a Hollywood namebrand could just as easily say such that the derail debate going on ITT gets necro'd.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

28. RightOn Member

oh this is getting ridiculous now.
    Leah take some time, but come out singing like a canary.
    k?
    But every day she waits is another person getting recruited on staff, another joins the Sea Org, another family goes into financial ruin, another family or friend disconnection, another dies from not getting proper medical care and the list goes on. I often said we need a big celeb to speak out so that the general public's knowledge of this insidious cult goes over the top and so no one in the US will join this stupid cult ever again.

She has eaten crumbs in the Sea Org, saw the horrible conditions of how they treat children, the child labor and again the list goes on.
    She needs to get her ass to the authorities. MAYBE they will listen to a well known star for ONCE.
    THEN, the public will have to wonder and ask, why isnt' anything being done about this? This is going on in the US and world wide now? How can this be?
    THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.
    So excuse me if I am a bit antsy and tired of these scilon celebs worried about COS back lash. They all have enough money to lawyer up times TEN, come out punching and tell scientology to SCOHB.
    They are ALL victims of the cult and if they stay in or if they left and are still stay quiet then I consider them a part of the abuse that keeps happening as I speak. SORRY.
    All these celeb's careers would take off no matter HOW much the cult has on them. The cult will only look more like a whore if they slam celebs after leaving.
    Celebs can write books, do interviews, radio, conferences, TV appearances, articles... etc.......
    A hell of a lot more money then they are making now.
    and THAT is my opinion.

If people want to vote on this than vote. But enough of this bickering.
    Stay on target.
    Mad love to you all for giving a damn
    <3
    • Like Like x 5
  29. Anonymous Member

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men ex-cult celebrities to do nothing STFU.
    • Like Like x 3
  30. anoninoob Member

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Leah Remini on Leaving Scientology: I "Took a Stance" With My Family

31. anoninoob Member

HAHAHAHAHA

• Like Like x 1
  32. Missfit Member

I voted yes initially but if we have to pull her words apart syllable by syllable to decide, then no.
  33. RightOn Member

"Happy is a relative word,"
    and "Yeah. It's a time of change."
    says ZERO, zilch, nada
  34. RightOn Member

we dont' have to really pull her words apart.
    She just needs to say and I repeat..
    "I left the Church of scientology because... and then say something critical.
    OR if a reporter asks her, did you leave because of your disagreement with church policies and abuses? and she says YES, that is good too.
    But she hasn't really been interviewed yet or put out an official statement that holds up
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Missfit Member

See, this is where I don't agree. I don't think you HAVE to be critical to have "spoken out" but this is also why I don't make decisions.

To me, saying "nobody is going to tell me who I can or cannot speak to" is a pretty direct shot about disconnection and about being silenced. If what you said above is the criteria to make your list, then question answered and it shouldn't be a thought from here on out about how names are added to the list.
  36. RightOn Member

she prolly always felt that way according to her family
    which is why she wrote up a KR on DM in the first place
    She had the balls to do that while in, so that is one of the reasons why I think she is laying low now and choosing her words wisely. When she comes out swinging, it will be a whopper.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

It's not, all they have to do is like youtube videos of other people speaking out.
  38. RightOn Member

ok knock it off.
    that has been explained times three
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

This is not about Leah or any other ex-sci. I think it add to the quality of the list to be a hardliner when it comes to judging Leahs statements or lack thereof.

When using the list in discussions with scilons it would help if we could say: "Look, Leah is also out, she said &((&^%$ about Scientology there and there (insert link)."

For the scilon to evaluate that statement and get him/her to think it would help if her comment would be unquestionable.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. RightOn Member

ok, outta here for now, argue on, carry on but damn it have fun
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.