Customize

Help needed to Google Bomb

Discussion in 'Projects' started by WhiteNight, Jul 28, 2011.

1. WhiteNight Member

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADFA_enGB409GB409&q=help me

If you google "Help me" www.scientologyhandbook.org (proxy up, CoS link obviously) is the 7th link. A classic example of the Church of Scientology targeting the vulnerable and weak-minded (I mean, honestly? What kind of a person googles "help me"?).

I think we can all agree that this needs to be corrected.
    It'll only take a few minutes and will definately help our cause. You can do it whenever you find yourself bored in front of the pc

The Plan:
    1) Google "Help me"
    2) Scroll down and click the links ranked lower than www.scientologyhandbook.org
    3) This will displace it onto the 2nd page.
    4) Continue until it is low down on the 2nd or on the 3rd.
    5) ????
    6) PROFIT!!!
    |

|

|
    inb4mediasaysAnonmakesbombthreatonGoogleandIgetv&
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Profanity Member

On it, bro.
  4. Anon PTS Member

Must be a UK thing...or you've been very busy clicking...here in the colonies it's on P3 about 2-3 down, but will continue to click...
  5. Dragononymous Member

I see what you did thar..
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anon PTS Member

WTF....it's moved UP several places while I watch...now bottom of P 2. OSA must be clicking away...
  7. WhiteNight Member

8. Anon PTS Member

Must depend on your location/IP. If I go in naked, it's on bottom of P2. Using Tor, it's on P1 (google.com both cases.)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Easier/Quicker if you hold down ctrl when clicking. Opens them as new tabs
  10. Dragononymous Member

11. Anon PTS Member

12. CarltonBANKS Member

how the fuck did they manage to get a result for 'help me'? How long have they had that?

Amazing, isn't it, what millions of pounds can get you.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

Worse..."drug rehab" yields a Narconon site (drugrehab dot net) as the SECOND item, just below "news for drug rehab"
  14. Dragononymous Member

Your terms - scientology handbook - do not have enough search volume to show graphs.
  15. slobeck Member

To any noobs who happen upon TT: See how easy it is to get WWP to do something when the idea is on-topic, doable, legal, and not retarded?
    • Like Like x 14
  16. Dragononymous Member

wtf was that about btw?
  17. Saul Goodman Member

18. grebe Member

BECAUSE THEY'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN HELP!

WHAT ARE YOU, RETARDED???
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Grimlock Member

20. Loki's spawn Member

• Like Like x 5
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Silly433 Moderator

Did my bit
  23. helpmescntohandbook.jpg

page 2 second to last entry.
    will keep clicking till its gone
  24. Saul Goodman Member

25. Dan Aykroyd Member

Can we automate this process?
  26. Saul Goodman Member

With a script? I don't know.
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

I would think so, sir.
  29. Anonymous Member

use refresh every for the google search then all you can work a few windows at once?
  30. Anonymous Member

Pardon?
  31. cfanon Member

It's all from the phrase "How Scientology can help me". Google search algorithm takes into account a lot of things including, but not limited to... (very basic list)
    • content on the pages (contextually, not just having 'help me' on the page)
    • Links (this along with content are the two most important factors to google search algorithm)
    • --- the links on the page, are the other pages legit and contextually helpful?
    • --- are the pages that link to this page legit and useful sources of good information?
    • past searches (if you have the setting turned on)
    • how useful it thinks the page is to the user (the more the other links are clicked, the more useful it thinks the other links are - i think, the algorithm is not public, this is just off observations of people in the industry)
    The google algorithm is always changing to make it better, and it's not public, so it's hard to say about the more obscure stuff for sure. Like clicking links on the search page, how much weight it really puts on people picking one result over another, and how long that weight lasts. Be sure of one thing, there willbe an expiry date on these clicks having importance in the search results.

TL;DR: this is a short term solution.

I'll write up a possible long term solution when I'm on lunch, or later tonight.

PSdamnwwpnothavingabilitytonestlists
    • Like Like x 1
  32. I'm about to go out for an hour or two and I'm setting some autoclick software shit to ctrl click on the page below it every 10th of a second.
  33. cfanon Member

Idiot.
  34. WhiteNight Member

That's next I think.

Been there at least 2 - 3 years, because that "long term stratagy" thing is old.

Here, go easy on the kid. This will yeild some interesting results. Will his comp explode or will it result in profit and win?

Anyone fancy making a script to help us with this? Means we could google bombs all their links systematically.
  35. cfanon Member

The reason I say it is because for quite a while now people have been writing bots to click on google ads and automate google searches... They've got very good at detecting bots. It'll be picked up automatically and they'll get suspicious and might manually check it. I'm not sure what kind of data it shows google employees doing that kind of manual check.

Most likely his bot will be blocked before doing anything. At best only his clicks get disallowed. At worst they could disallow most recent clicks.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

1. Put up a website called "how can anonymous help me"
    2. Write message on index page "by showing you tits every time you click on these links!"
    3. Place google bomb links
    4. Show guy fawkes girl's tits
    5. profit and lulz
    • Like Like x 3
  37. WhiteNight Member

Ah. Any ideas for how to get around this? I mean one click every 10 mins is 6 clicks an hour, 144 clicks a day. With around 10 people running the script you've got 1440 clicks a day. Not bad. And if it's relatively irregular will it still show up? Such as instead of setting it for 10 mins, set it for 8.7.
  38. cfanon Member

Honestly? No idea. It's not public knowledge just how much it takes to set off the automated system (and they'll never make it public, for obvious reasons). Even the people who've done it and been blocked couldn't tell you with certainty when google started to disregard their clicks.

There are ways to obfuscate the bot... make it less obvious. Changing identities on a proxy network like Tor regularly. Randomising which links are clicked and what interval. But as soon as google spots anything suspicious it'll throw up a CAPTCHA.

Actually, you can't even use Tor at all because it auto gives you a CAPTCHA when routing through Tor.

The best way around this is a more legit long term solution, that's to beat them at their own game. A useful / helpful page of information contextually related to the term 'help me' that is search engine optimised. It'd take some work and time to get above them though.
    Also you should not mention scientology in it. Google recognises context in a basic manner, so if google sees 'help me' and 'scientology' together in the same context from multiple good sources (websites that are known to have useful and helpful information) then it will start to recognise there is a connection between the two.

SEO = pain in the fucking ballsack.

TL;DR I'm a faggot.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. Profanity Member

See, this is why we put up with you, DK. x
    • Like Like x 1
  40. WhiteNight Member

So. Suggestions on how to go about it?