Customize

Hey Guys, Is This Fraud?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by xenubarb, Jan 23, 2011.

1. xenubarb Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. LocalSP Member

Looks like it to me.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AnonLover Member

needs pix of building with 4SALE on it for poons.

also - local media coverage would be lulz.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

I'm not a lawyer but here is my opinion anyway.
    It's not fraud unless you can get someone who donated money to file a complaint.
  5. CarterUSP Member

Can someone donate a dollar then file complaint?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Class action could get the donations back?
  7. Anonymous Member

What I would like to know is, did they open elsewhere in San Diego? New Location?
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Church of Scientology Sells La Mesa Land for $9.3 Million

September 3, 2013

Fairfield Residential of San Diego has purchased 8.6 acres of commercial land in La Mesa from the Church of Scientology for $9.3 million, with plans to develop the property as multifamily housing.

The seller of the land, at 7380 Parkway Drive, was the Los Angeles-based Church of Scientology International, according to CoStar Group and public data.

American Pacific Investments represented the buyer, and Sentre Partners represented the seller.

Source: http://sdbj.com/news/2013/sep/03/church-scientology-sells-la-mesa-land-93-million/
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Quentinanon Member

Is this a pattern? Sell real estate because service-based income from scientology is rapidly declining?
  10. Anonymous Member

They are selling off the old buildings to make way for the Ideal orgs. It is just another part of the scam.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. EveStropping Member

Is there a recent history of property sales or could it be the building needs major refurbishment? Either way it's worth watching.
  12. Financially, they play shell games and move things around. They have millions stashed all over the place, and they are good at utilising tax shelters in offshore accounts.
    I would be curious to see what the original property was purchased for , who they purchased it from, and whose name is on the current escrow.
  13. RolandRB Member

They were "donations". They chose to give away their money. It was their gift to their Church.
  14. jensting Member

what with not less than one of the IAS fundraisers out and writing about it, I think the time might be ripe to have this sent in front of a jury to find out what they think.

Now is a good time to sue IMHO - David "he is NOT insane!" Miscavige is horribly busy micro-managing the building-formerly-known-as-the-Super-Power-Building and the training of staff for it and so on and so forth. And the funds available to pay compensation to make lawsuits go away has not been emptied. Yet.
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1