Customize

Hey OSA - what happened to your stat this week? Foundation for a Drug-Free World exposed

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Bubbles, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Bubbles Member

June 26, 20145:15 p.m.
    Scientology Sneaking Its Anti-Drug Programs Into NYC Schools

By Joe CoscarelliFollow @joecoscarelli

EmailPrint
    26-drug-website.w529.h352.2x.jpg
    Although the widely praised Foundation for a Drug-Free World, which boasts that it's reached more than 14,000 New York City kids, seems like a pretty straightforward, D.A.R.E.-style nonprofit, it's actually a semi-discreet vehicle for the ideas of L. Ron Hubbard. Surprise, kids — you're about to be indoctrinated! According to a new report from City Limits, whose reporter observed two recent presentations for outer-borough schoolkids, Drug-Free World is run by two high-ranking local Scientologists and peddles the same unscientific nonsense as the Church of Scientology founder's books. (It's website also happens to be terrifying.)
    Rest of this excellent article is at:
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/06/scientology-sneaking-drug-programs-into-schools.html
    • Like Like x 17
  2. White Tara Global Moderator

Are we paying attention, New York?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. vaLLarrr Member

*paging motherfuckery.org & agent pubeit
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Oh crappity fuck. I heard a commercial for this shit on the radio yesterday all the way across the continent.

It started with a coffee mug smashing and the narrator stating that that was the sound he made when he learned his son was addicted to meth.

It goes on to relate how his son was found in his bedroom 'strung out' (odd choice of phrase*, but it sounds druggy, right?) and was brought to the hospital where the kid asks to be sent to rehab.

Then there is this 'sponsored by the Foundation for a Drug-Free world' and a website.

I was thinking 'sci maybe?' when I heard it and now I'm sure. I bet their website has some dandy suggestions for rehab locations. I'm having the DH keep an ear out for that ad and will report if we hear it again. I suspect I will also be pooning a radio station if this is true as well.

What you wanna bet this shit is run for free as a 'public service announcement'.

*On edit, it reminded me of an old Thurber line about someone being 'coked to the gills on herion'.
    • Like Like x 6
  5. JohnnyRUClear Member

Dongcopter Housemaid?
    • Like Like x 2
  6. LOL. You just can't get good help anymore. He gets time off for football season though.:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 4
  7. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 14
  9. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Reply to @DolphinSchoolUK

1. 484934ca23a4c004ad61a54989a41726_bigger.jpeg
      Athlone Stinson@AthloneStinson 53m
      @DolphinSchoolUK Manipulating year 8 students into believing L. Ron Hubbard was a great humanitarian is a gross disservice to them.

2. k57QFOB8_bigger.jpeg
      Dis@D1sambiguation 14m
      @DolphinSchoolUK Narconon is part of Scientology.The program is not based in science. Please give your parents a choice in this.

3. uK8OlINB_bigger.jpeg
      CofS Exit Zone@DatumOmNom 12m
      @DolphinSchoolUK The yr8 science teacher should clarify Narconon's bogus claim that drugs are stored in fat cells is #Scientology propaganda
    • Like Like x 12
  10. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 4
  11. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 6
  12. fishypants Moderator

Good work guys.
  13. vaLLarrr Member

OFSTED should act on this, they've shut down schools for religious crap this year already.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 6
  15. Ms. Failcoff is clearly a deluded clam.

Nice pic of the Scientology facade, tho. 'Ew Yor'. Sounds about right.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DeathHamster Member

Tsk. The "Foundation for a Drug Free World Northeast Chapter" is located at 227 West 46th Street New York, NY, which is the org. They didn't bother using a fake mail drop like the LA branch.
    Code:
    http://www.foundationforadrugfreeworldnewyorkchapter.org/about-us--contact-information.html
    A list of names too. Any bets that most of the "Dr"s on their list are chiropractors or naturopaths?
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Anonymous Member

One admitted Dentist - Bernard Fialkoff DDS Office & Staff - Sponsorship Information...
    Code:
    http://baysidedentist.com/our-office/community-drug-education-program/
    Could he be Meghan Fialkoff's father, or significant other?

Whatever the case re: "doctors" it's a large nest of cult moonbats!
    • Like Like x 5
  18. DeathHamster Member

Whoops, nailed as a Scientology front in Scotland along with the Jive Asses:
    Internet: 1 Scientology: fuck you.
    • Like Like x 12
  19. tinfoilhatter Member

I guess they are going to have to pull osa people from david love now to bother the people behind the article.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. DeathHamster Member

Best yet, it's a Triple Play from the Sunday Herald and Peter Swindon!

I have some comments in the queue, awaiting someone having their Sunday coffee in Scotland.
    Pending:
    • Like Like x 9
  21. Anonymous Member

Well spotted!

I'll join the comment party tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Anonymous Member

Done! I put two comments into the queue.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. RolandRB Member

Children are easier to brainwash. You are looking at future Sea Org slaves to help the Church continue to function and expand.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  24. tinfoilhatter Member

Not if they have a smart phone. All it takes is a few seconds on google, and the bullshit is exposed. Its why you no longer hear sports debates in bars.

I have been meaning to do a census on black robs thread, how many scilons on facebook are over 50, vs the ones that are younger. My suspicion is that most of the younger ones are either 2nd or 3rd generation, or grew up around woo.
    • Like Like x 3
  25. RolandRB Member

Then where is the new money coming in from to keep the whole thing running?
  26. fishypants Moderator

Is new money coming in, though?

Or are they just living off their accumulated capital?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. tinfoilhatter Member

That is the billion dollar question.

Has the cult ever been this small? Millineals are not like other generations, they are perfectly comfortable going on wikipedia and google and looking stuff up. I am suspicious that the reason for the price increases, is to keep the younger people away, because they seem to be the ones that are more prone to fleeing.And when someone flees, it causes some unrest amongst the clams as we have seen.

They may be surviving on accumulated capital. That would explain all the budget cutting we are seeing lately.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. RolandRB Member

This has puzzled me for a long time. Suppose you got all the clams to stand next to each other and drew a chalk circle around them, then the cult can only be surviving if there is monex flowing from outside that circle into that circle so it circles around between them but the cult gets some of that money. It needs money from outside that circle coming in. 2nd and 3rd generation Scientologists are not going to have money flowing in since they tend to work as Org staff or work for scieno companies selling to other scienos so this is not money flowing in. There are not many new scienos who are rich gining to the cult. They have their whales, but the cost of running that size organsation is astronomic so what external money is flowing in? I think a lot of it will come from WISE where they are raping businesses they are taking over. There are a lot of businesses out there with a lot of money in them that are unaware of the danger. But even then, I don't see enough external money coming in for them to be functioning.

It could be that they are spending IAS money fast on keeping the organisation running and that is why people are supposed to upgrade their status frequently and pay inflation on their current status.

Does anyone have an idea on how much it costs to keep their whole organisation running? I guess it will be maintenance of their properties, taxes on their properties and utility bills dominate the cost.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. DeathHamster Member

It seems like the Herald moderator is an idiot who only allowed one comment per story: One mild concern, one post by a loon with a thing about e-cigs, and one obvious Scientologist.

I'd e-mail Peter Swindon to let him know that the comments on his stories are being oddly screened, but they don't provide any contact info.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. fishypants Moderator

peter.swindon@heraldandtimes.co.uk

0141 302 6612

https://twitter.com/PeterSwindon

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/peter-swindon/60/765/86b

https://twitter.com/PeterSwindon/status/506025526234865664
    https://twitter.com/PeterSwindon/status/506025344504057856
    https://twitter.com/PeterSwindon/status/506025606769688576

https://twitter.com/newsundayherald/status/505817795628892160

I agree that it's hard to see where new money is coming in from.

It's difficult to know how much return they're earning on their investments, and how big the cash pile is.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. RolandRB Member

I would guess that for 146 QVS with rates (that they pay only 20%) of 375 GBP per year that at least 150 GBP per year will be required for maintenance and utility bills so who is paying that if it is staffed by Sea Orgers and they have no paying customers. How many London clams are there with money that they can squeeze each and every year indefinitely? 15 at 10K a year? 30 at 5K a year? I'd say both were impossible and they have no whales so I can only make this add up if that is money coming out of the IAS and most of that donated in the US.
  32. tinfoilhatter Member

YES!!!!

I am glad i am not the only one that is wondering this.

What if the main cash cow is narconon? the more i lean about the rehab industry, the more i understand how the war on drugs failed. There is not much in the way of official oversight. They have no burden to cure the addict. If the addict relapses, then the addicts family HAS to spend more money for a return trip. In fact, its in narconons best interest to not try to cure the addicts. This is the worst case of moral hazard i have ever seen.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. It seems like a good number of the Chicago public Scientologists are working in woo or woo-vulnerable fields like chiropractice, podiatry, dentistry, etc. I would guess that WISE has been (and continues to be) quite successful in recruiting Scientologists with relatively high incomes, and quite a lot of their month-to-month funding is coming from that source.

When you have all kinds of tax breaks, and your staff will work for $50 a week, a hundred thousand bucks will keep things afloat for a looong time. That's an easily-attainable sum for one of the higher-income Scientologists, or several working together.

And it only takes one whale to drop a million bucks one time, and that ship isn't gonna sink for ages.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. RolandRB Member

What they were doing in the UK was recruiting people with good incomes into staff positions where their income would be zero so no money coming in. It would need raw meat with good jobs to come in and take services for there to be the flow of money. In the UK, I don't see that happening so how are they maintaining their large building at 146 QVS. I have quoted 150K GBP a year just to keep it maintained and clean and pay utility bills, with that money being in place in case major repairs or refurbishments are needed. Is my estimate too high? And how can they get that sort of money in the UK? They have no whales there.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. What makes you so sure they don't have a single high roller?

There's not a single Scientologist left in the London area who still has a good income? I find that hard to believe. Surely there are a few that own a thriving business or are otherwise doing great financially.

I doubt the org's pure income is very good... Let's say they'd be lucky to earn 50K GBP from services, err, "donations." That leaves 100K GBP to break even for the year.

London is huge. You don't think they can round up 100K GBP per year between all of them?

Scientology only has to hook one big fish to keep things bankrolled for a long time. I would be surprised if the London org is in the red. It doesn't matter if 99.999% of the populace know Scientology is a scam if the 0.0001% keep it going.

Of course, this is all conjecture - it would be great to really know the nuts-and-bolts of how the budgets get balanced at the orgs.