Customize

High Ranking Pedophile Priest Defrocked.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Disambiguation, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/ameri...p-archbishop-child-sex-20146271322651795.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. RavenEyes Member

He was the Vatican's former ambassador to the Dominican Republic, not an archbishop, and was relieved of his duties a year ago. He was just found guilty of the charges, and can no longer represent himself as a priest.

The title of this thread needs to be changed, as he was not an archbishop. He was "just" a priest. He did, however, receive the highest punishment available.

Edit: Yes, I know al Jazeera used the same title that this thread has. However, it's incorrect. Also, the Dominican Republic has not charged this man with any crimes. By defrocking him, the Vatican exercised its power to remove him from the DR before an a proper investigation could take place (it appears), but that's just speculation on AJ's part.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Disambiguation Global Moderator

4. Anonymous Member

Shouldn't mean anything. What does Vatican have to do with DR's law?

I suspect that, unfortunately, this whole "house arrest" thing aims to protect the guy. Vatican is known for covering pedophile/rape cases up and protecting pedophile priests from the law.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. fishypants Moderator

Perhaps they're planning to extradite him to DR?
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  7. RightOn Member

the Vatican (Vatican City) has their own laws and rules.
    dirty since day one
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

Of course they did. It's Vatican. Paradise for pedophiles.
  9. Anonymous Member

And yet, stupid superstitious grandmas still believe that the Church is nothing but good, all the priests are a bunch of smiley, sunny heralds of a good god and all cases of pedophilia in the Church, even if undoubtly proven true, are the dark conspiracy of Illuminati/Satan/metal bands/whatfuckever.

They protest against everything that is different from them, harass minorities, influence politicians and block progress. All them motherfuckers will die within 10 years max, and still, because of them, we will live in more fucked up world than it would be without them. That's why I hate old, superstitious people and I don't have any respect for them. Let them rot in hell.

Another deviated fuck gets away with raping children because those old fucktards who protect their Church at all cost and make people fear to take a stand and say "Your fucking religions sucks so much that I don't even". I spit on them and their predecessors. Stupid ass motherfuckers.
  10. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Tell us how you really feel.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

I feel exactly how I explained. All the above I said from the bottom of my heart and I stand for it. Fucking bigots are the ones who make Vatican powerful. It's their fault that Vatican has made it to become a separate state with it's own laws, and it's their fault that it can protect pedophiles from the law and noone can do shit about it. If Italy or any other country tried to force normal, reasonable laws within the Vatican, it (that country) would become Christian Enemy #1. And that's why noone will do anything.
  12. Random guy Member

I used to have a grandma like that. She came around eventually.

At least this time they defrocked the guy and had him arrested, if inly internally so far. It is sloooowly getting better.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

Don't take me wrong, I don't hate old people because they're old. I just hate bigotry and "I know better what's best for the whole world" attitude. Catholic bigots are like ISIS, only they don't murder people.

I also have a grandma who's Catholic all the way and I love her, she's my grandma at all, but she can be so stupid about Church... Everytime we talk about it and I tell her about Church's abuses she's like "Bullshit", or "Conspiracy", or "I'm sure it's not like that". And if I provide dox or arguments she can't beat, then she gets angry and tells me that I'm antichrist or that Satan made me say that (ikr). Superstition and blindness in it's darkest form. And she's too old to change, she had those beliefs her entire life, and that's so fucking annoying.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DeathHamster Member

I thought priests with their frocks off the the problem in the first place.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

Sure, but people who protect them are just as much evil.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. A.O.T.F Member

Ah yes, Catholic guilt, born of indoctrination. I, too, have older extended family members with the very same mental infliction.
  18. Disambiguation Global Moderator

It sounds like he's not incarcerated now. I bet he feels unwell.